The Cowabunga System

OK, so GBP/JPY needed more umph - took b/e on final stakes from yesterday’s long.

A few CB longs setting up as i type…

I won’t be posting too much today.

Hi Frnds

Just wanted to know. Which currency cowabunga system seems to nail better. School only talks about gbp/usd. though here every body seems to about gbp/jpy, i know its more volatile.
i was trying for gbp/usd but it gives very few signals and very few pips.
and also false alram at times.

please share your expert comments. :slight_smile:

Hi Jaguar. Not sure you fully understand the issues of money management, return etc, with these comments. Based on an average stop loss of around 30 pips (my observation) this tidy little strategy has returned a mountain of profits this year in a steady and predictable manner with no losing months. There seems to be an average of about 1 trade per day which is also more than enough. A more volatile pair like GY may return more pips but needs a wider stop to account for the volatility so the $ returns may be little different. Also be aware that carry trade issues are to the fore and you should look at the performance of this pair over other time frames which is not so great. Basically Cowabunga will work well in any trending currency pair so recently that would include the comdolls and eur

tonymand, from your observations/testing of other periods apart from 2007, which years weren’t suitable for cowabunga?

I was just making a general point. In fact for GU earlier this year the daily ATR dropped precipitately yet it still did ok. If you look at a period like June - Sept 06 for GY you see the ATR drops to around 100 and so it might make it more difficult for it to turn in such large profits. If you do any testing over that period I would be interested in the results as that goes to the robustness of the approach which looks pretty good to me. Please note though I dont actually trade this although it shares many characteristics with what I actually do

Yes team. Though i am clear about concepts. But yes i am new to forex. It�s been 3 months now. Finished Babypips School and forms. And reading stuff. And what do i say. This form is great way to learn and ask doubts.

And about the money management just that i knows its type risk management. We only go in market when risk is least in trending trend.

Just that i got little impressed by 270+ pips plus in one trade compared to 30 pips in other. Yes i understand that currency is very volatile. More risk and bigger stop loss margin.

BTW frnds do we have any information on this forum where we have different settings for different currency pair. Like some said Gpb/usd 9 rsi. and gbp/jpy 14 rsi ! And different ema settings.

And also question regarding MT4 cowabunga script. Normally it shows red down trend and blue for up. And also it gives arrow signs. Does these arrows means cowabunga signal or just the color like up trend and down trend only.

Sorry people some might find my questions stupid. I am just new to this. Your help will be really valuable to me.

:smiley:

If you look at this thread where I do my daily post on GBP/JPY:
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/6736-almighty-gbp-jpy-versus-cowabunga-system.html
you will find out that I basically trade using cowabunga principles and it has been very profittable because I nail atleast 100 pips each day GBP/JPY gives me the cowabunga setup. If you disipline yourself with the cowabunga signal you will not have problems with entering good trades with any pair that is trending well(volatile or non-volatile)…I really mean disipline (i.e no sentiments or discretion):smiley:
You should not have problems atall.
Happy trading:)

As regarding money management: It is different folks with different risk appetite:D you really need to have a stronge heart to be about to trade this pair GBP/JPY but you must be very disciplined too.
Dont just get impressed by +270 pips yet because there are still more pips out there for you trading this pair without sentiments…you have not seen anything yet.
You may try out different parameters on your chart and chose the best that fits your desired result… those settings are recommended by me for trading this pair because it has been working for me.
For me, I cannot be of help cos the cowabunga indicator has not been useful so i trade it mechanically… maybe you could come out with something nice:D

Happy trading:rolleyes:

Hey chowclown, watsup with you? Hope you have placed a buy order on the cowabunga GBP/JPY already moved some good pips there.
check this out and tell me wat you make out of it:
http://www.gainforex.com/:p
Hope u are there? not seen any of your post lately… ohmmppppppss:eek: you are now a junior member:D

…still here, although from now on i’ll only be trading cowabunga with GBP/USD. I am using other methods with GBP/JPY from now on. Yet another nice move to exploit this morning.

Gainforex - i resolved sometime ago to avoid vendor systems/methods, so it’s of no interest to me. Thanks anyway.

You seem to sound a little cold this morning… wats up? Hope you didnt get any bad experience with GBP/JPY vs Cowabunga?:frowning:
‘I am using other methods with GBP/JPY from now on’ …want to share?:smiley:
I want you to help me confirm the authenticity of this firm (Gain Forex) cos its UK base(check contact info):
Johnson Ltd
8 Harley street
London WG 9QR
… it looks too good to be true:eek: You may check it out when you are less busy so I dont fall into wrong hands… Is that too much for you to do for me?:rolleyes:
happy trading

…sorry pal, i know nothing about Gain Forex. Probably best to get in touch with them directly yourself.

No prob men:cool:

Hi,

The links provided in the Cowabunga FAQ (for phone alerts) don’t work, they just send me back to the Forum homepage:

I quote:

'Download ybop01’s custom MT4 Indicator:'
has the following faulty link:
Forex Forum

'To have the alert be sent to your phone put THIS in the “to” box.'
has the following faulty link:
Forex Forum

Also, where is the cowabunga discussion forum???

Thanks for your time guys.

Pipalot

hi, this is it - you can find the [I]blog[/I] for Cowabunga, by clicking the Blogs tab above…just off there now to add a comment…

Hello, I suggest you read through all the pages of this thread and you will get all the information you may require.:slight_smile:

Tegasite and ChowClown - Thanks for your helpful replies.

Kind regards,

Pipalot

Now how’s that for a Cowabunga setup? :slight_smile:
The trade is live, so I will let you know how it went. It’s fluctuating between a 3pip-5pip profit as of now.

Entry: 2.0306
SL: 30 pips

Hi kobeyashi, just an observation, this isn’t a valid cowabunga setup (if following Pip Surfer’s rules) - at the moment we’re just looking for short entries, as guided by the 4hr chart moving averages.

Also, on my 15 min chart the MACD Histogram was already positive - for longs the histogram should be in negative territory and rising.

That aside, the trade has some momentum - good luck to you.

Hello ChowClown,
I probably haven’t read the Cowabunga system well enough. Anyway, I had intended to go long for the day.
I am pip positive at the moment, so will let it ride. :slight_smile: