The Cult Leader of Babypips

When I say ‘I follow ICT’ I do’nt imagine I am following a ‘system’.

To me it’s not a even a set of tools, nor is it a ‘method’, absolutely not a signal service, no way a short cut - so what is it?.

It is an insight - probably better explained by:

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/12-does-anyone-really-make-money-off-forex-12.html

This is actually referring to the early beginnings of my sharing by way of video… and MT4 as a platform. I recently learned and I admit it is not much, about MT4. I felt it would be a good medium to use as the forums repeatedly showed folks either posting charts or claiming to use it. So I elected to use this as my “canvas”. While commenting about the natural cycle of small ranges to large ranges, I in error made reference to Sundays candles on the MT4 chart. I was using it as a illustration on the obvious difference in candle sizes… and at that particular moment I wasn’t actually aware it was Sundays. Mike [Talon] on these forums quickly corrected me and I clarified myself at that time. Finding tools and “common language” to bridge nearly a decade of understanding can be a task in and of itself… I have seen me make some goofs while sharing here. I recently quoted the wrong Month in a video review lol… I am human folks… hard as it may be to grasp… I make mistakes.

:57:

You guys make me sick, I really cannot figure it out what this thread is all about, read it all but still not understad what is the problem.

For you Mr. Gone…It’s a soap opera called “The Cult Leader of Babypips”. Its to be continued…so stay tune…

Kinda like Jesus? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=peterma;411259]Hi Padraic, was wondering if you were still around, good to hear from you - funny thing about posting on babypips - it actually helps me in my trading - like for example this thread made me dig out some of the older ICT videos - next thing I’m away on a rabbit trail re - learning ICT’s explanation of Larry William’s teaching on an outside day close down.

I have found that if someone is explaining via a webinar it is much more learner friendly than via a book.

Take care.

Hi Peter,

Great to hear from you too :slight_smile: I am indeed still around. I moved home to Ireland from Prague about 6 weeks ago and I am currently living in Carrick on Shannon, County Leitrim…so I am slowly edging further north towards you Peter!!!

We must get in touch properly. I am always interested to meet new people and if nothing else as Irish men we can complain about the weather :)…the direction of price bars is infinitely easier to predict than our weather systems!!

I understand and agree completely with you about webinars. They have become my preferred method of learning too. I do enjoy a good read but it is always nice to vary the way the info comes into the brain.

I hope the weekend is going well for you and I really wish you the best of luck.

Ta suil agaim go mbeidh muid mar chairde fos Peter :slight_smile: Slan go foil.

Padraic

There are three Babypips members who’s posts I will always follow and noticably have not felt the need to post to this thread. I suspect there’s a very good reason for that. My years on BP have taught me two rules: One, you poke your head above the parapit and some troll will take delight in knocking it off! Two, even if your the real deal, some just won’t or can’t see it? Now to Mr ICT… honestly, I’ve not followed along. So cannot give my 2 cent’s… was put off from the get go with the whole assualt rifle into hype. Does it work? Well it seems plenty of you think it does, so its not up for debate. You follow along and you either get or do not get results.

My final comment would be directed to ICT himself. Obvoiusly just from looking at a few of your videos you know your subject, but here’s the thing… why put yourself out there in such a huge way? Your not getting paid by the click, so I suspect its more psycologically motivated. Rejected at childhood? A deep seated need to prove your worth? Yep… call me RC Sigmund henceforth. LOL!!! Just kidding ICT… but would be interested to know why? And don’t hit me up with levelling the playing field! :smiley:

I think we could all take a leaf out of this dinosaur’s book…altogether now!! :slight_smile:

Barney (I Love You Song) Great Quality!!! - YouTube

Can this thread be put to sleep now? :slight_smile:

The response is this:

I used to think pretty big of myself. I used to be Mr. Ego and I shoved my talent in the faces of every Trader I ran into. I measured myself against everyone… and yes there was a time I was rejected as a child. I spent my teenage years as a hospice nurse to my ailing Grandparents of which I resided. My father is a convicted murderer and my Mother didn’t care too much for me… so I moved in with my Grandparents.

My exposure to things were limited to TV and the one block I had to restrict my wanderings as I had to be in shouting distance to come and carry my GrandMother to the bathroom or make her a meal or bring a drink. It was difficult as a child and I spent most of my time reading, watching TV and allowing my imagination to take me to where it may. My GrandFather was a lumberman and made very little and to be frank… we were poverty by definition.

In my growth I longed to be better than that. I was exposed to the markets and fast forward… I made a lot of money… by L.U.C.K. in the commodity markets. I was buying in a vertical bull market… anyone makes money then. My family discounted it and said it was a fluke and yes… I aspired to win my GrandParents, not my birth parents approval. However, they were taken from me before I could do that.

Now when I had the money initially and the ego to out due it… I was a jerk. I bragged, I belittled others on forums in attempt to get into a competition. To statisfy a deep rooted desire to prove myself… as it has never been quenched. I like action movies, I like guns, I like vigilante flicks… and you see that in my presentations. I put that in there for ME. I don’t care who it puts off to be honest. If I received zero views, I’d still do it that way.

Why do I put myself out there so big? This isn’t big. I have toned it down hugely compared to what I used to do. I promote Babypips mostly. I was never asked… but I liked the website from day one. My work… well is my work. I have seen in the last 15 years my work end up in paid courses and others claiming credit for it. I want my name attahced to the sacrafices I made getting it together.

Now back to the Ego… I was an ugly person. So much so, Babypips would have banned me… yes it was that bad. I was humbled by God… I claimed everything I knew and did was the result of Mr. Huddleston and I wasn’t attributing anything to God. Well, as it turnd out… somebody was listening… and I wasn’t able to do anything right. Relationships, finances, trading, health… you name it… I was a literal Job. [the guy in the Bible for those not aware]

I had a child with a birth defect and I was afraid I would lose him. He has a condition that causes his throat to close and we nearly lost him at 6 months. To this day, he has had almost 50 surgeries to keep his airway open. He is 17 years old as of October 12th. He is a Columbus baby… and like Columbus making his discovery… I made a discovery through him. I was so afraid I turned to God… as my own limitations weren’t able to heal him or fix him or remove my fears.

I asked God to heal him… and while He didn’t heal him… he did change my heart. I realized how I had lived my life and how selfcentered I was. I didn’t deserve anything from Him… and I promised I would change. I had a life changing experience that is too long to share here and the folks reading are probably tired of my references to God… but deal with it.

I suddenly had a better walk… my health improved, I had a turn around in my finances and I no lnger lived in my Ford Mustang. Yes I had that experience… I know the shame in it and how it makes a man feel worthless. My finances allowed me to Trade again and I was successful. I began making more as I went on… and I made a pledge… if I finally made it… I mean I finally could see the lifestyle myself and everyone longs for… I’d share it… freely.

So, you see the reason I do what I do for ZERO return… is frankly me REPAYING as I promised. I was a businessman looking for deposits made by others into me and my bank accounts. Those days are long gone. It brings shame and tears to my eyes as I write this as that time of my life… my friends were not my “real” friends. They hung with me and clammured to be around me for the pomp and money I tossed about like a poser. It shames me to this day… but I learned from it.

You see the persona ICT… I try to keep Michael from the spotlight. I share freely and gladly. I genuinely enjoy and feel blessed to make deposits into others lives and hopefully down the road their bank accounts. I hope to inspire givers… and not takers. It been an absolute honor to be a servant here… and if you see me as a Savior or Cult Leader… I assure you… your perspective is clouded.

When you see me rearup and take an offensive posture… it’s not to showoff for the sake of me. No, it’s only towards those that take an enjoyment in kicking the little guys around and making themselves look good at their expense. I don’t try to showboat my trades or results… as it invites that sort of thing. When I post results, their faked. When I refer to a trade made… it’s a lie. When I reveal the Aus/Usd weekly low and High in advance… its blind luck. You see… I’ve played this game for nearly two decades… I know all the routines and skits. I’m over it… but I will wax a Average Joe when they come at my friends and or me out of disrespect. Like I said… I am Human, and when I am done stomping a mudhole and walking it dry… I’d ask for forgiveness. :21:

I serve a Wonderful Loving God and I do this as a form of Ministry. I tithe with my time and resources and energy. I seek nothing more than a simple Thank You. If folks would just take it as the gift I intend it to be and not make it about “Michael J. Huddleston”… you would find there is nothing to second guess. Nothing to wonder about. No need for “angles” or alterior motives.

I read threads on here that claim I am this or that or why the hype? The hype is to draw excitement to Babypips… not ICT. I won’t always be here. There is a end to this run… and you will be returned to the regularly scheduled threads and postings… but just not… yet.

I pray I empower folks to make extra so they in turn can extend help to others… out of excess and not feel ashamed about being a genuine Human being.

That’s my story and I am sticking to it. I have closed my interest in this thread… have fun kids. :57:

I

Duly noted sir. I do think that the majority of the expectations of people here are unrealistic. It’s virtually guaranteed that a lot of us won’t become traders no matter how ambitious one may be, myself included.

Wow ICT … very Tymen’esk! Was just commenting on the general rule that its defacto you’ll atract trolls if you take a position on these forums. Deeply touched on your back story and honesty. Refreshing to see a winner share the flipside. I have nothing to compare… my week sleeping rough on a park bench at the hight of my trading career seems pretty insignificant.

My story isn’t really interesting and will probably mirror several others here. I’m just your typical college student who studies charts of the forex markets during his spare time. I did a lot of system hopping from one mechanical system to the next early on, and eventually landed on ICT’s thread since it was like an elephant in the room.

Long story short, I studied Mr. Huddleston’s methods for a few months (half a year or so). There wasn’t a horrible equity growth, but after the end of a month I’d always find that my losing trades always outnumbered my winning trades. My account was dying a slow but painful death.

This was a on a live account mind you, granted it was chump change for most of you ($300). Needless to say, I was underwhelmed and concluded that this forex stuff in general is worthless. I deleted all the charting platforms and ICT files and took a hiatus from chart watching to focus on my schoolwork.

The only reason why I came back is to see what happened to the thread. I just find it really suspicious that after all this time (3 years) he still doesn’t have a verifiable proof of his trading performance, especially since it only takes a person like 5 minutes to do it. Like what a previous poster had said, How can you not be skeptical as a trader???

Also, I’m currently reading an ancient thread from 2007 and a lot of people will probably disagree. Personally speaking, I think ICT’s trading style is just a rehashed version of the style of the Alternative Technical Templates traders. You mad? Don’t be. Everybody is entitled to one’s own opinion. The only differences between the threads are that ICT is gilding the lily by adding all the fancy schmancy and ICT-esque tools to attract the noobs. And the ATT guys have a more create your own methodology mentality and a fundamental/smart money approach. At least that what I can tell atm, not finished with all three threads yet.

p.s. Is my vocabulary really that poor or did anyone else have to be constantly holding a dictionary while reading their posts?

Edit: paragraphs

Nope but paragraghs might be nice? And what college do you attend? Immediatly ask for a refund! :smiley:

EDIT: I know… before some anal type corrects me… ‘which’ college… :D:D

Yeah, because English is everybody’s mother tongue right? wink

Why did I just get the feeling that I read a long article that came to no obvious conclusion?

Even if ICT is all that you paint him to be, I am willing to bet my bottom dollar he has helped more here than your post above ever will friend.

That right there is the bigger truth and picture that you definitely missed, leaving all your analysis and in depth “research” aside.

Good Luck and Good Trading indeed.

P/S

I have not gone through any of ICTs threads, atleast not more than the first page or two. Never have posted in any of his threads, and I do not know him at all, compared to some of our fellow forum members here. No association at all.

I have no personal reasons to come out in support or in defence of ICT.

What I have come to say is just the plain truth.

Lol. Where is TYMEN these days?

[B]Cadarkitek[/B] - Tymen runs his own Skype room and looks in on another few. Oh… and occasionally posts outrageous comments on FB. Some things never change! :smiley:

[B]Davidlee7[/B] - Are paragraphs language dependant? :33:

Funny you mention that as I have on some black Nikes and I used to have on a shiny tin foil cap while I traded :wink:

Used too?:59:

I like to dress up as Felix Baumgartner while trading. That way I cant hurt myself or others when i’m having a bad day.