The finest in trend trading

Xelnar, there is no easy way to convert dark backgrounds to light once they have been posted, that I know of. Sorry.

Made 6 demo trades in two hours. One TP1 + TP2 profit. 4 in profit and working now. One stopout, my fault. I messed up entry. Account balance up total 8% in two hours. Great results.

What I’m doing:

Trying to follow Tymen’s system exactly as he laid out. Staying on demo for now per Tymens instructions.

Trading only 1H charts. The shorter timeframes seem to be affected more by news, sometimes causing a stopout on what would have been a good trade. I don’t have the patience for the longer timeframes.

Not getting hung up on any pair. Trading any bubblicious set-up on any major or comdoll pair.

Running only 4 trades at any one time. Just my personal money management rule.

If a trade hits TP or SL, I start looking for another bubblicious set-up to replace it.

Like I said, only one stopout so far and that was my fault as I messed up entry. It’s getting much easier with practice.

TraderAllan, If it’s already a sausage and walking the bb, I don’t enter on a pull back because I don’t know how long it will walk the bb and which pullback is good entry and which is fake out. Really, I would have liked to have been in the trade to get the bb walk, but I figure I missed it and there will be plenty of other good trades. I only enter the pretty classic bubblicious trades with well formed bubbles, easy to spot entries. There are LOTs of those and they work like magic. I’m not using any indicators not recommended by Tymen. I’m in profit on all trades so I don’t see any need for them. Anyway, that’s what I do.

Yes it is, RIGHT-click in the chart, go down to properties change first line background. There you can change more

From properties you can click "Color Scheme and change all in 1 shot

It’s great to have you help Tymen out on this thread. You’re obviously experienced. Something that can’t be acquired quickly!

Would you be kind enough to post a few examples of bubbles in mid formation. It’s easy to see after formation. Like could you screenprint a few examples of the moment you said AHA this is a bubble! I gotta enter this trade for a 90% win probability. That would help many of us here I think. :slight_smile:

Here’s the link that Tymen gave on how to post charts.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/30564-how-post-charts-forum-upgraded.html

The question was…can the color be changed once it has been posted on this thread. He wants to print it off and doesn’t want to use all that black ink. I agree it is easy to change chart color on the computer.

TraderAllen, ok, I’ll read it through and try to learn to post charts. Understand though, when I was in school we used slide rules and programming computers with punch cards was just being invented. LOL, did I just give away my age? Oh well.

I have noticed something that could be significant.

If the BB is a sausage, but moving in a definite direction. i.e. the mid BB is pointing up or down. It may be possible to treat the mid BB as the extreme, trading bounces as you would the outer BB.

I’m sure Tymen has considered this during his studies, so I look forward to his views…

Why do you not just work with white background charts?

My optical testing (for teaching purposes) has shown that the resolution of a white background is superior.
You can test this using the GMMA and a bar chart instead of a candle chart and look very carefully.

If you insist on a black background, you can always press “print screen” and drop it into Microsoft Paint.
There, under “Image” you simply click “invert colors”.

The “File” and “save as”.

Hope this helps.

Sorry I am been very busy working today.

I came to the computer, opened the forum, looked and read the new posts, then fell asleep at the computer.
(age catches up with you!!)

Sorry, I cannot make quality replies while I am asleep. :o :o :o

I will post a few basic replies here now, but new stuff is strictly tomorrow.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you, [B]Graviton[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

With your 2 decades of trading experience, you are just the person to be doing this extensive testing.

The system is designed to work at all times, even though I notice that you are being careful where you trade.

Keep at it [B]NForex[/B], soldier on!!

Hmmmmm.

Interesting new word for the dictionary!! :smiley:

I am sure this will be a new forex term!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes that is correct. :slight_smile:

I am trying to see if I can make an improvement to the modified CBL.
The idea is to get as many pips as possible while still keeping you out of retracements.

At present the modified CBL is being co-ordinated with the BB contractions.

This answer to [B]PardyS [/B]is absolutely correct.

At this point I have not yet gone into detail about entries.
The OBB needs special treatment on its own.

Solving the matter of the BB walks and getting the correct CBL entries are the 2 most significant matters still to be treated.

Then our method is bullet proof!! :smiley: :smiley:

The cutting of long candles in half is to reduce them to the same operation as 2 normal candles.
It is done for want of an entry point. :wink:
We cannot work with those very long candles that go past the mid BB. :confused:

Because we have such a long candle, price is naturally expected to retrace.
In retracing, it will hit the new entry line (blue line).

Whether it hits that line from above or below is irrelevant.
We just enter. :slight_smile:

While I am away, I will put you, [B]Graviton[/B], in charge, together with [B]Master Tang[/B] and [B]Kockneerebel[/B].

Clearly, all three of you are very experienced traders.
With three of you looking after the thread in my absence, there is sure to be someone on duty most times!!

A top quality work as you always do, [B]Merchantprince[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Your administrative gift here is very much appreciated by me.
Going by the reply posts, I am sure that all will benefit very greatly from it.

I trust that you are getting something out of this thread!! :slight_smile:

I been looking at the BB bubbles and sausages to try and define a characteristic that puts it in one of these categories after a BB walk.

Not sure if Tymen has mentioned this specifically (I read the whole thread but I forget things too!), I think a bubble starts when both upper and lower bands have turned in very close in time to each other. However in a BB sausage, there is a longer period of time before both BBs have turned in, the opposite extreme BB will turn 1st and then the BB that is being walked will turn in a bit later. The time between these 2 turns seems to determine whether it’s a bubble or sausage.

Am I correct in this observation?

Again, this potential loss is given [U]before [/U]the opposite BB contraction.

In this case, the BB walk constitutes an OBB trade.
This trade would [U]not be closed[/U] for a TP2 profit until at least we saw the BB contraction.
As such, the loss shown on the chart would not occur and the price action at that point would be ignored.

The closure of the trade then occurs when the price action hits the BB [U]after [/U]the contraction of the opposite BB.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Punch cards for computers were just being invented? OK. I thought I was the old timer but that has me beat. We had punch cards - but I insisted on keeping them 'cuz I didn’t trust magnetic tape.