The IcYcLoUd TrAdInG SySteM

I entered one more short entry for NZDUSD @0.7452 for this. i only set take profit for 5 pips as the trend had been there for some time. Hope i get it.

Going for training later, so wont be able to go online until around 6 to 7 hours later.

AUDUSD and EURUSD both closed for a quick +10pips each.

For some reason my TSā€™s have stopped kicking in. Wonder why. Missed the entry with the NZDUSD but will keep an eye on it for interests sake.

When these signals come up its great, quick pips especially if a more than one signal per chart a day.

yes! my AUDUSD closed trade with 10 pips TP.

Now pending NZDUSD with pending -10 pips.

Also traded and made 8 pips on erusd in 20 minutes ( missed my buy for the additional 2 pips and another buy pending on erusdā€¦

Looks like the system works.:smiley: Still testing on my demo account. Nice to see we are all on the same page.

NZDUSD was another winner. Just closed with +4pips. Was using a 3pip TS just to see why it wouldnā€™t work haha.

3 for 3 so far for me on the small TPs.

yep, default settings
psar 0.02 0.2
adx 14
stoch 8,3,3

:slight_smile:

Could you explain the use of ADX in the system? Iā€™ve never had it up on the charts and donā€™t really know its relevance. How do you use it within the system?

guys (and girls), great that youā€™re taking pipsā€¦

i just woke, and iā€™m preparing for work wishing that i donā€™t have to sleep :slight_smile:
eur/usd looks very nice with +40 pips
aud/usd with +30
and iā€™ve just missed usd/chf long which is +6 now

iā€™m a programmer and i hope to make at least simple indicator during the weekend. iā€™ll share it as soon as i make it

regards to all

here is a quick copy/paste about adx :slight_smile:

ADX - Average Directional movement Index - is an indicator which fluctuates between 0 and 100. Readings below 20 indicate a weak trend or ranging market and readings above 40 indicate a strong trend. ADX does not indicate direction but rather just the strength of the trend, up or down.

Often plotted with ADX are two lines that indicate direction. The lines are +DI (positive directional indicator - green) and -DI (negative directional indicator - red). If the +DI line is above the -DI line, then the trend is considered bullish. Crosses of the +DI and -DI lines generate buy and sell signals. For example, if +DI crosses above -DI, then a buy signal is generated.

phewā€¦ take profit for NZDUSD with a 5 pips take profitā€¦ lol

Bro soul, think we on the same route and signalā€¦ lol.

U got msn?

just did a entry signal for EURAUD @ 1.6217 with only 5 pips TP as the trend had been going on for some timeā€¦ forgot to indicate that is a long tradeā€¦

Unfortunately no msn for me. Used to use it but have since become a social recluse?

Haha no but really no msn. An IRC chatroom could be set up on the fly for live chat if youā€™d like at certain times?

What direction are you taking the trade? Didnā€™t have this chart open so may have missed it.

just close the trade with 5 pips TP. I indicate is a long signal.

If u were in msn, then would be easier to chatā€¦ as quite instantlyā€¦ cheers!

just did another short signal for EURGBP @ 0.9113 with 10 pips TP. hope for the best!

Do you use both the 30M charts and 15M charts? 30M to identify and confirm entry on the 15M?

Chin,

I like your idea.
In the past I have looked at just PSAR dots and, by themselves, they are complete junk.
Good idea to filter out only the PSAR dots that open outside the BB.

I just tested this method on 2 pairs with 4 hr. charts.
I made 15 pips on one pair and 45 pips on the other pair.

I also did a couple of trades on the 15 min. timeframe which were profitable.

I like trading both the 15 min. and the 4 hr. time frameā€™s, this way there are opportunities while you are waiting for a 4hr. trade to set-up.

The way I handle my profits is with a trailing stop.
I donā€™t like giving back alot of profit in a trade, so I will always trail the stop and not wait for the opposite dot to appear (you give back too much profit that way).

As far as stop loss, I usually use a fixed stop around 15-20 pips.

I hope this helps.

Thanks again Chin,

Regards,

Michael

I just started trying this strategy. I took two trades yesterday on the 30m chart using a 20pip TS. One closed for +12 and the other closed for +39.

BTW, hello to soul786 and masterillegal. I recognize you guys from the daily crossover thread. I have put that strategy aside for a while as I am focusing on a couple strategies in smaller time frames.

Itā€™s all good. I think as traders weā€™re just looking for a system that provides a good return we all seem to be moving in the same direction which is good.

I seem to like the 30M charts for this system to grab a quick 10 pips per trade. I try not to be too greedy and am fine securing 10 pips even if a move is 30 or 40 in the positive. Conservative yes, but if that contributes to a better W/L Ratio then Iā€™m all for it. So far seems like Iā€™m giving up better returns but Iā€™ll experiment with my next trade.

just came back homeā€¦ my EURGBP got profit of 10 pips. I used it on 15M and then 30M for confirmationā€¦ now scanning thru of any nice tradesā€¦ will post hereā€¦