The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

hmmmmmmmmmmm buddy i only revise my SL when i need to protect profit…

for example… if my SL is 50, if the price move to +30, i perhaps will move SL to +10 to protect my precious 10 pips!

Well i hope u gained experience from this… if u followed proper money management, 2% should be ok for a lesson… make sure you follow the rules next time…

koala buddy it is not difficult… The Koala System + Proper Money Management + Patience and Discipline = :slight_smile:

Thanks.
Normally my loss is 1% or slightly lesser.
Still learning the 3rd equation, patience and discipline. This the toughtest one.

Mr Koala,

Another question.

When u see an opportunity, how do you determine ur pricing position?
For. e.g u see the pair goin down in a downtrend.
On the 1M chart it’s goin down. Do u just jump on the bot and ride it down? or do u put in sell limit?

hihi , just to make surei understand… you mean you are using The Koala System on
M1? or ?

nope. for e.g. i see a sell opportunity based on 15M koalas.
so i need to key-in my sell trade. but to “time” my sell, i would look at the 1M chart.

Anyway, regardless of whether u look at the 1M chart or not, how do you time ur trade, to make sure u sell at the higher, if not the highest price possible?

Hi 801,

Just found your Koala thread, thanks for all your effort. I think Fxster makes a good point on entering a short trade from the resistance taken off the M1 TF or vice-versa for a long trade, if the koalas are still in agreement on M15, of course?

I was wondering about Normz comment about trend strength and whether volume would be useful to assess if the big money was getting into the trend.

I used to use the Tunnel of 5’s MA system, but I prefer your koalas, Thanks for all your support.

KK

hi Fxster and kkeegan123 sorry for the late reply… was caught on up some work and harvest research :stuck_out_tongue:

Fxster i do use the 5 mins to time my trade… if the koalas are good, i will make sure that the 5 mins koala are down too… 1 min is similar in concept but there may be more false alarms…

kkeegan123, volume in my opinion is not really the main factor i look at using koala… reason being the volume we see are only the ticks estimate from our broker anyway. it is not the global market… furthermore , spiky conditions etc would have been identified by the koalas… thats why i loveeeeeeeeeee the koalas :slight_smile:

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day koalas!

While the week had been a bearish one, there were spikes along the way and patient users were rewarded when opportunities surfaced.

The week began relatively quiet. The start of the second day gave us an opportunity to harvest at least 50pips! :slight_smile:

Throughout the rest of the week, we were mainly in no trade zones. While you may manage tens of pips here and there, it would be risky and never a full 50 pips. For me, i rather stay out and observe.

Notice the red circled region? This a classic example of why i always said not to trade when the momentum is too strong. Look at how the price bounces back. This pattern is typical of important economic releases.

The last day of the week gave us a good opportunity for a harvest again. A full 50 pips is up for grabs.

I am particularly pleased with the 200EMA this week. It functioned as a warning for a potential resistance very well. A 200 EMA is a good companion for The Koala System.

A total of at least 100pips would be harvested if all went well. Remember patience and discipline are two compulsory factors for The Koala System.

Remember, we have crazy margin call friday NFP this week. Be careful.

Trade safely and plan your trades.

Head over to the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review for a heads up!

The 200EMA has been performing rather well these days… either as a forward indicator of potential resistance or support… are you koalas making use of it?

I do agree, but about 80% i guess??

The 200EMA was not strong enuf yesterday to support the downtrend.

I was hesitated to sell EU at first, then i decided to do a small size “betting” (after the Emplyment news, but before the PMI news), as u know, i have disciplinary problem.

80% sounds about right… we will NEVER have 100%… that will not be trading… thats fortune telling :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

koala fxster, you really need to train on your discipline if you want to move on to the next level… serious!

Is this a 200 day moving average on a 15 minute chart? Euro?

Koala fxster… how’ve your results been with this?

Jay

Results with the 200 EMA on the 15M chart, u mean?

Like i’ve said about 80% reliable. Of course i dun really count it, but most of the time it a good s/r line.

And for yesterday trade. Made losses. I enter a sell trade (that’s about 2-3 hours before NFP, 1 hr after the GBP news), the 50pips SL was not enuf to withstand it. It went about 70pips up, before coming back down. Can’t help it. This all happen way before NFP (1hr before). So i guess, shdn’t trade 3hours before NFP.

An hour after NFP, manage to recoup about 30% of the losses, and as i pulled out too early when there was a short 10-15 pips retracement.

hi buddy fxster… 1 hour is not way before… NFP is far reaching! i usually stay out of NFP fridays!

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend :slight_smile:

The Koala System had a great week! The signals were clear.

While much patience is required with the no trading zone for the first half of the week, Koala users received a wonderful harvest when two opportunities presented mid week. These were clear signals as the koalas were apart and the price action didn’t test the blue koala. A full harvest of 50 pips was possible. If you let the trade ran with a trailing stop loss, 200 pips might be up for grabs. This was due mainly to the risk aversion and you can read more about it in the EUR/USD Weekly Review.

The week ended with the main event, margin call Friday! The US Non-Farm Payroll. A user told me that he suffered a loss as he traded just a mere hour before the NFP. Folks do note that NFPs can have far reaching effects as you can see in the spikes of the no trade zone i boxed above. I usually stay out of margin call Fridays! View my latest NFP report to see the crazy action.

The 200 EMA is doing good after it’s graduation from Koala Labs. I have circled in red areas where the price interacted with it. The 200 EMA will continue to serve as a possible indication of resistance and support lines.

I hope you have a great week ahead and do remember that patience and proper money management come in a package together with The Koala System.

Trade Safely!

the 200EMA at work :stuck_out_tongue:

At last managed to get a full 50pips in almost 8 hrs long!! and TP at 1.3620. immediately after my TP, the pair wen straight down another 50pips in less than an hour!!!

This is wat people in treasury say as non-productive. they can make 50pips in an hour, while i’ll take the whole days’ job to do the same. Anyway, i’m not complaining tho…

PIPS per hour is hardly ever considered, my PIPS per week are say 20, but my PIPS per hour will be 2 and my profit per hour probably close to 1% over the Month1

It’s all relative!

hey u know what i always say SLOW AND STEADY wins the race :slight_smile:

good job on full harvest ! :slight_smile: