The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day!

Hope your weekend is great so far.

The Koala System had a very challenging week.

As we can see from above, we faced many no trade zones during the past week as the week was full of important releases and issues.

Using this opportunity, i will like to remind everyone that The Koala System is a system that requires patience. Often, i have users writing to me stating that they did poorly. After discussion, i realized that they may have been trading too often. Interpreting every divergence as a confirmed signal. The Koala System is meant to help prevent one from trading against the trend and trends do not happen around every corner.

While we were presented with a few opportunities this week, one will need to be flexible to maximize the harvest. I have recently mentioned that if the price action is obviously ranging tightly and you really [I]must[/I] trade, lowering your take profit expectation may yield better results. This is to prevent facing a situation whereby the price turns against you after being in profit. It is critical to move your stop loss too so as to protect your profit.

I mentioned in my latest EUR/USD Weekly Review that we may still be facing ranging conditions and hence do be extra careful.

Trade safely and always plan your trades well.

today seems like a lot of opportunity.
But i only manage to go in few minutes ago.
wrong time zone i guess.

Expecting resistance at approx 1.4590.

What is the price you went in? Tight TP ? since 1.45 was such a resistance previously, the price may want to go back thereā€¦ becareful ā€¦

I have been waiting for a 3rd candle confirmation and even that doesnā€™t seem to help. I might try 30M TF as I canā€™t seem to find valid entries with this strategy on 15M TF. d.

hi dobroā€¦ i am sorry to hear thatā€¦ hmmm do you read the weekly reviews of the system? how about the daily / weekly reviews of the eur/usd at my blog for insights?

it is possible for M30 ā€¦ in fact it may produce less false signals ā€¦ however trades may take a longggggg time to comeā€¦ koala used to be m30 but was dropped to m15 after practice showing days without trades allā€¦ i do not want to run the risk of new folks being too eager, tired of the wait and trade needlessly ā€¦wasiting their moneyā€¦ hence m15 was usedā€¦

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day.

The Koala System had a tough first half of the week.

The price action was spiky and unpredictable.

Folks do note that if the price is touching the blue Koala despite being in a trend, this indicates spiky conditions and hence it may not be desirable to trade.

The first opportunity came to us as a bullish run. The Koala System rewards patient users and a full 50 pips was available for harvest.

Further opportunities came as bearish runs that were the preludes of the sharp dip at the end of the week which probably took out many margin accounts speculating on the wrong side. I like The Koala System for this fact that it not only helps us to trade better, it serves to warn us of potential danger too.

The 200EMA served us well this week as the price reacted to it in many instances. Continue to use it as a caution of resistance or support.

Folks, remember that The Koala System needs patience. If you are averaging more than 5 trades per week, you may be over trading. Remember, having proper money management is a requirement of the system.

For more insights on the upcoming week, read up the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review.

Trade safe.

Was there a good opportunity to go in today?
I thot the EU wen down so fast it was too risky to go in. But i did went down further. didnā€™t manage to profit today

hey koala where have you been? i thought u have given up on the koalas :stuck_out_tongue:

well thats a good call because

1. the market will always be there for youā€¦ no need to rush

2. the EUR/USD is ranging nowā€¦

still using the koalas. but seems like itā€™s loosing the edge recently because of range movement.

I shorted about 10 mins after the USD news yesterday (canā€™t remember which one, but it was red flag -> important one). It seems like a fresh new koala opporunity to me. That why i went in. In addition it was a positive US news, so i think (assume) USD will prevail + the it has been downtrending yesterday.

Until now still in the trade as i put in SL of 40pips. nearly touch it. I just reduce my TP from 40 to 30pip, but maintain the 40p SL.

hi buddy, hmmm while the koalas do not perform well in tight ranges, there are a few other pointers that may help uā€¦ i notice u shorted 10mins after the important newsā€¦ hmmm not very good to do so as the price may be spike. you must remember that even if the news is positive, if the market expects it to be MUCH BETTER, it will turn out to be ā€œnegativeā€

Reducing TP during wild times may help however having the discipline and patience to wait for the right opportunity ( which i need to force myself at times too :stuck_out_tongue: ) is the bestā€¦

overall, are you in green?

not sure. i have to wait until i get home after my office hours.

yup. luck was on my side this morning.

looking for trade a gain now.

happy for youā€¦ the koalas had opportunities all over :slight_smile: did u get a bear?

Yup. i did wen in again after the positive US news and itā€™s in line with down trend. Furthermore, the koalas still havenā€™t change their way.

But didnā€™t take much risk. Put a 30p TP:40p SL. So TP at 1.4107. Could have make 50p since lowest was 1.4080

Still havenā€™t recover back my big losses, wen i was a hero out of forex school and started trading with big sizes.

hey buddyā€¦ slow and steady and win the race ! as long as you constantly gain, it is only a matter of time :slight_smile: am happy for u !

Greetings!

Let us take a look what The Koala System brought us during the past week.

Looking at the overview of the M15, only the second and third day brought us suitable momentum for an entry. While i saw many mini opportunities throughout the days to harvest, these would be rather risky and hence it is my opinion not to take the chances.

The Koala System managed to identify days of no trade zones and it is critical that we not trade. Price action in the red zones were either too fast, presenting a risk of an opposite spike or were ranging tightly. We need to remember that the system is not a scalping system and hence a few trades in a week is normal.

The 200EMA served us well this week as it acted as a resistance in more than one instance. Just be careful that resistance and support lines are never a single pip.

I do have folks asking me if The Koala System has lost itā€™s edge recently. On the contrary, The Koala System is working perfectly as intended as recent days proved to be rather challenging for Forex trading with the apprehension and risk aversion. The Koala System indicated no trading for most of the time and i think it is a wise decision.

Read up on the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review for an outlook of the possible trading conditions for next week.

Trade safely.

looks like no opportunity these few days.
All waiting for Fed chairman confirmation?

Mr Koala, what do u think?
The koalas are showing downtrend. But it seems like a strong support line to me around 1.4000. Would u go short now?

Hey koala sorry for delayā€¦ i have been watching the markets like a koalaā€¦ quiet silent hugging my tree.

there seems to be lots of hesitation and risk aversionā€¦ i mentioned in the eur/usd daily review over at my blog about the 10 000 job cut? May fuel more risk aversionā€¦

it seems for now, the risk aversion = weaken equities / stronger US Dollar is backā€¦ but as for the recent choppy markets, nothing is valid for longā€¦

about shorting, even if the koalas show a good short, i will probably be holdingā€¦ or if you [I]really must trade [/I], a small quick harvest at mostā€¦ 1.4000 is a major technical line and i am not taking chances near itā€¦

Yup. ā€œI must tradeā€ and burned myself againā€¦
My TP was about 5pips away from the lowest, then it went back up.
If i didnā€™t revise my SL down, it wouldnā€™t hit my SL. After i revised my SL i wen to bed. The highest point was my SL!! before it wen back downā€¦sighā€¦