The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

fxster did you finish green this week? hope you did …

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day Koalas.

Hope you are having a great weekend :slight_smile:

Next week saw success for many koala users who patiently waited for the right opportunity. Complications surrounding the Greece deficit crisis and the downgrade of the ratings of Portugal resulted in a bearish momentum and a harvest of 100 pips was possible.

Let us now review what The Koala System did for us this week.

This week was a fruitful one.

A total of 3 standard opportunities were possible and at least one would have been a 100 pips harvest if the proper trailing stop was used. Despite having the EUR/USD ending the week almost flat, this was possible as the currency pair took wide swings. Optimism towards the US economy battled out with the concerns surrounding the Euro Zone crisis.

Nonetheless we must be cautious as spikes were plenty. Planning your trades well is critical.

One special mention i would like to make is with regards to the third standard opportunity on Friday. Friday was the US-Non Farm Payroll day and hence it was a wise choice if you had decided to stay out of it then. Knowing the horrors of NFP, trades on NFP days always carries additional risk. Therefore only consider trades on NFP days if you know what you are doing and is not risking excessively.

Be patient and stay true to the values of The Koala System. Trade Safely.

Head over the to EUR/USD Weekly Review for a heads up for the up coming week.

Not to forget too is the Be A Fan of TheGeekKnows.com Sweepstakes. It is free and you stand to win USD$5. Check it out now.

nope. a nett red. mainly due to the ride downwards mentioned erlier.
very hard to find entry point, cos lots of S&R lines and Fibo lines. Din see any opportunity for 50 pips.

Hmmm just wondering koala buddy… could it be you are having too many lines and indications? sometimes i am bogged down by these too…

i do think that’s is the problem.
but soometimes it works in terms of saving my trades. othertimes it is limiting the opportunities.
Just to share:
15M - 200EMA is a no no for me.
then i have
1H - 200EMA
1H - 100EMA
4H - 200EMA
1H - 100 EMA
Fibo lines
other S&R lines based on recent high and low, and those with 2 high and 2 lows.

There u go. Do u think any of the above i can disregard?

Also any articles in terms of “how to choose S&R lines” and “how to use Fibo”?

hmmm if you ask me frankly, it seems over crowded… for me, i only have my koalas including the 200 EMA and the red lines you can see on my daily reviews…

anyway, you can read my article on basic fibo here

is your daily review red lines fibo??
Cos it’s quite similar to my fibo lines, +/- 10pips.

looks like opportunity coming as we speak

they are not fibos… the lines on my daily reviews are based on my observation of past eur/usd interactions … however being similar to fibos is not a special as many investors do trade based on fibos… thats the beauty of the market :slight_smile:

made some pips on the downtrend today. but not full 50pips, due to the support line at 1.3455 as shown in your review. so i close for small pip then went in again after it safely past thru the support line.

Just wen in another sell line after it passes another support line around 1.3400, and saw the next support way below 1.3275.

Any support line in between now to 1.3275, that i didn’t notice?

so fxster in total have you calculated what are your gains and losses? cos when using koala… it seems like i am not profitable.

i dun really know, cos firstly i didn’t track, and secondly i dun use koala purely.
Koalas would one of the main criteria i look at, but the more important criteria to me is S&R lines. In fact, nowadays i use S&R to plot my pending orders, but I still have to work on identifying the S&R lines accurately.

Nonetheless, my performance is plus and minus, all in all breakeven and i use very small sizes. the more important gain is of course, the training.

you use S&R lines… hmm… fibo? pivot? or what?

i use Fibo, 200EMA (on 1H/4H/15M), 100EMA(on 1H and 4H) and other obvious SR lines.

i agree its a bit overcrowded, but sometimes i pick and choose oso, depending on scenario.

Made good pips early yesterday (UK time), but fully wipe out (during US time). Moved my SL too low on a Sell trade, cos i chicken out subsequently. It hit my SL immediately went back downtrend.

buddy !!! the next line is just at 1.3360 ! lol

Hi normz… i am sorry to hear this… are you using the standard parameters ? how many trades a week do u get?

koala fxster… what was your SL?

anyway the EUR/USD seems bounded by the two lines on my daily review… for now…

How u identify 1.3360 as the support line?

Dun tell me cos it’s 6April lowest, as u won’t know that before 6April, of which i traded and asked that question.

1.3410!! can u beliv it?? immediately after it touch my SL, it wen back stright down.

no no no remember :slight_smile: i add S/R base on observations of how the price reacts around there…