The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

My point is, 1.3360 wasn’t a support line prior to yesterday, and the line was only identified after/during the price reaction yesterday.

But you’ve replied as if the line was identified much earlier. Correct me if i’m wrong.

no no … the line was there for some time now… did you miss it? go see my daily reviews and scroll back in time …

Gold has risen despite USD strength… risk aversion may be at work!

ok, my mistake. it was on 30 Mar post.
But still back to my question, based on what the line was identified?
What sort of price reaction happen and when that happen?
Is it the price reaction on 26March?
That is pretty common to me, and if based on that I identify a Support, it will be pretty overcrowded, on top of my already overcrowded lines.

2ndly, do u trade around GBP and YEN news?
How about AUD and CHF news?
I’m talking bout important ones (red flag)

hi buddy i do my lines research only on at least the daily and longer time frame… i observe charts all the way back to 2006, etc. hope this clarifies.

EUR/USD is approaching the S/R drawn on my daily reivew… 1.3285!

do be careful …

honestly, i still dun get it.
Maybe u can open a new section in your thegeekknows.com on how to identiffy S&R lines/ red lines.

Just explain based on what reason u choose that particular red line?
For eg, u can start with the 4 nearest upcoming red line (2 above and 2 below the closing price for the week) for the coming week, not the previous week.
It doesn’t matter whether prices will stop at the lines, but more important to learn how to put in the lines before it happens.

ok… i will see how i can do an article on my blog on this ok? :slight_smile:

meanwhile hope you getting success from the koala system… :slight_smile:

btw :

April 9 (Bloomberg) – The euro rose for a second day against the yen and prices to insure against corporate defaults in Asia declined after European Central Bank President Jean- Claude Trichet said Greece will be able to pay its debts.

Good thread and blog. Found it this week and plan to start testing next week.

Thanks for considering. It will be good if we newbie can learn to identify S&R line on our own, rather than everytime rely on your red lines shown. This would make us a better forex trader in the long term.

Mangaed to make small pips only this week, from yesterday uptrend. I lowered my TP to 1.3436 from 1.3456 cos my chart shows a lot of S&R lines. Darn it!!

thanks! hope you find success :slight_smile:

dont give up… slow and steady koala wins the race ! :stuck_out_tongue:

i hope so. that’s my biggest hope in investing my precious time and money looking at the forex everyday.
hopefully it be a fruitfull investment of time and money after couple of yrs.

fxster koala all the best!!! :slight_smile: like i always say in my daily reviews … Trade safely and practice proper money management !

From the BBC

President Lech Kaczynski and scores of other senior Polish figures have been killed in a plane crash in Russia.

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Greetings Koalas!

I hope you are enjoying the wonderful weekend so far.

Last week, we saw 3 standard opportunities presented for The Koala System users. Optimism towards the US economy battled out with the concerns surrounding the Euro Zone crisis. Although one of the standard opportunity developed on a US Non-Farm Payroll Friday, i recommended against it as US Non-Farm Payroll Fridays are usually catastrophic for trading!

This week presented us with three standard opportunities again!

A good part of the week brought us bearish momentum as concerns over Greece were mounting. The first opportunity came early Tuesday and was a potential winner for koalas using a proper trailing stop.

Mid week brought us spiky action and The Koala System identified it by displaying standard no trade zone signals.

Late Wednesday brought us the second opportunity and this ended with the test of the strong line of 1.3285+/-. Soon after, the ride back up gave us the last opportunity for the week. Relief regarding a concrete plan of action for Greece swept the EUR/USD up despite a ratings cut for Greece.

This upcoming week besides the usual caution, watch out for developments concerning Greece.

I received an interesting comment that i would like to share. A kind reader was pointing out the fact that staring at the screen for long periods and resulting in a mere 3-5 trades a week is not going to be sustainable for the long run. If one were to stare at the screen 24/7, definitely it is not the right way to trade.

However The Koala System is never about this. As we are looking for medium - long term trends, it is enough to occasionally glance at the charts. The nature of using a M15 time frame gives us a wider window of opportunity usually. Furthermore The Koala System is more of a guide to prevent trading against the trend and hence a scalper mentality is the opposite of the values of this system. We are aiming to cultivate patience, discipline and consistency. If we miss a signal, the next one will come along. No worries.

Hope i shed more light about what The Koala System is really about.

Refer to the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review for a heads up on how the upcoming week may affect The Koala System.

Trade Safely!

another gap??? almost 200 pips!!!

another lesson learned. no holdings of trade during the weekend. unless you’re on the correct side.

thats true!!..that gap its unbelievable!!!..i was just about hold a sell position…:stuck_out_tongue: but i recieved a margin call lol :stuck_out_tongue: anyway … I learned not to hold a position tru the weekend!!..:slight_smile: I hope this week I finish on green!!
I want to be a good koala!

yes, it seems holding trade thru wekends is not good.
but out of curiosity, why sell?, when it was up all the way last weekend.

I was using another system :frowning: :frowning: not koala system just tying it…but damn it was so awful…I have 2 accounts, with 2 brokers, i one of them I was using the other system…and in another one koala system…the only one which survives…lol… in the first one I lost 5k :frowning: :frowning: too sad I wanted to buy some stuff with that money lol :stuck_out_tongue:
btw do u have some opened positions right now?..long or short??