The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

Kudos to the author of this thread, though i have not tested the system in real trading because today is friday and the market will soon close. I will definetely test it next week however, when i applied the system to the past charts i can clearly see that the system proved it cause. More greese to your elbow . Thanks alot.

luckily i’m back to green this week.
indeed a see saw for me.
Mon-tues: net green
Wed-Thurs: net red
Fri: Net green.

yes. u caught me there for overtrading again.

Again, Mr Koala, i see your red line is indeed very usefull, more usefull than the 3 koala (no offence).

Hey gabrielx always happy to see new koalas here… i hope you find it helpful… remember though… proper money management is a must!! visit us often ok?

hey lol :stuck_out_tongue: they are suppose to work hand in hand as friends…

pls pls pls koala friend… dont overtrade… remember money is hard to come by…

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Helllloooo Koalas!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far.

Last week, we saw The Koala System giving us three standard opportunities for harvest. After a test of the 1.3285+/- region, the EUR/USD turned bullish. I also spoke about the characteristics of The Koala System. A system to cultivate patience, discipline and consistency.

This week brought The Koala System one standard opportunity. Users employing a risky methodology could possibility squeeze two more risky opportunities. ( triangles ) However as i mentioned previously, this is not the preferred way to use The Koala System.

The standard opportunity came early in the week as the EUR/USD eased off the initial reaction of the market on the developments of the Greece deficit crisis which caused the forex gap. After which, hesitation took over and trading range was tight.

Nearer to midweek, sentiments pick up as Greece bond auctions gave good response. The price was choppy but moving up, giving the first risky opportunity.

Towards the end of the week, weak data coming out from the US and renewed concerns about Greece overwhelmed the bulls and the EUR/USD gave way. The second risky opportunity was presented here.

Now i know that some folks will probably start to feel " Arrggh this lousy koala! Never giving me good harvests" Please be fair to our 3 koalas. ( the 3 SMAs ) The market now is in a rather challenging period and the low rate of success is probably not isolated with The Koala System only. Do not forget the times when The Koala System brought you great harvest! Have a little faith in them and remember that forex is for the long run!

Check out the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review for a heads up.

Trade Safely and be nice to your 3 koalas ok?

what’s your rationale for not considering the final day (friday) for down opportunity?

In fact i’ve turn my red into green on friday

hi buddy… if we are to follow The Koala System, friday although seems to be downtrend, the koalas are touching each other at times = no trade zone.
( This means the price is spiky )

furthermore the price action touches the middle koala often.
( This indicates possible hesitation of trend )

Therefore if following koala system, no trade day…

We must remember koala is a “play safe” system… she did the right thing… such price action usually wipes out stop losses … to gain on such a day probably depends on luck…

I love it when my chart works! Red line is crucial now… 1.3455 +/-

remember, Asia is widely believed to be a main driver of the recovery…

Asian stocks rose, driving the MSCI Asia Pacific Index up by the most in five weeks, as better-than- estimated results from Elpida Memory Inc. and Apple Inc. boosted confidence in the global economic recovery.

yes, i agree your chart works!!!
So wen u gonna educate us on identifying S&R lines?

Say, once a week, just share with us, why u choose the coming next 2 Support and the next 2 Resistance lines, from the day’s or week’s closing price?

We will not hold u if it’s not accurate, just wana learn here.

Most of the books or articles on this i see, only talks about how S&R works and historical prices stay around the lines. yes we all knows that.

We just need to know, based on history data, how to identify S&R for the future.

Mr Koala,

If the 1.3285, is breached, what would be the next 2 support lines and why?

the closest is 1.32

why will always be the same reason fxster… historically, the price reacted at this level …

there can be no concrete reason why a price reacts where… forex is made up of sentiments…

i do not look at one candle two candle etc etc i am looking out for price reactions…

Exactly. It’s not that it’s a firm call, guys - it’s just the way things tend to happen. Will it happen again? Maybe, maybe not - but it’s a better probability.

i do agree, there is no concrete reason and im not expecting concrete answers.

But i just wana learn how to see things from your perspective, if u dun mind.

U’ve mention “historically, the price reacted at this level” u wana share which time frame was this? 1W or 1D?

if 1.3200 is broken, is ur next level 1.3030?

btw, was there any opportunity for ur koalas?

i didn’t get into any, cos too many news (landmines!!) and i dun know wat to expect below 1.3285.

So i’ll just keep my net 10pip gain for this week.

hi buddy, no worries… i dont mind sharing… thats why i am here… i just hope all koalas learn the right way and not relying on magic lines etc… forex is about understanding the market developments etc!

i promise you i will look into this article this weekend… ( sorry was feeling good in health these days… lots of things in real life… )

stay tuned at my blog ok?

u mean [B]not[/B] feeling good in health?

I’ll sure stay tune. thanks a lot.

Looks like no more trade for today until after New Home Sales. But then there is a risk a holding trade thru weekend, and result in price gap. So looks like no trade for me today.

holding on to my 10pips.

yeah remember 10 pips is better than 0 or MINUS pips… serious…

oh yap sorry… i not feeling well in health…

The Greece bail out provided relief for the EUR/USD. Noted how the currency pair tested 1.32 and 1.34?

@To all : Koala review will be done tomorrow !

@fxster : i finished the article on how to identify support and resistance lines as requested… i hope this helps you…