The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

darn it. my buy trade yesterday (US today morning) went south and i got closed out by my SL 1.2709, just feww pips at the lowest before it shoot back up!!!
If only i didn’t move my SL. my original SL was 1.2799!!

Hi dobro,

Is the alert via ur handset?
how u do it?

I just use MT4 alerts: click on the alert tab at the bottom of the screen and go from there. I have a $5 speaker from Radio Shack, nothing fancy.

so u do it on ur pc, not handset?

btw, i click on alerts tab below, then what shd i do?
Do i have to enter a trade first?

handset as in mobile?

All of this is on my desktop computer.
You don’t have to have a trade open, just left click “Alerts” right click on an empty area, then select the pair, bid/ask, and the price you want the alert for. I have a cheap external speaker that I can hear anywhere in the house (small house.) I have mine set for 50 reps 10 seconds apart. d

yeap? any way to do it?

thanks dobro

arrgghh my main broker just changed to 5 decimals … cannot do the review as the charts are off … did anyone try higher TFs?

which broker?
why cannot?

i’m very comfy with 15M, but 1h, 4h, and 1d for the overall trend and the EMAs.

anyone thot of changing pairs?
since EU has been consolidating, and both US and EUR seems equally bad.

Its only been a day and last week it did almost 500 pips. This system calls for patients.

i’ve lost my patient and went in on a sell. been in trade for whole day, but still in tbhe losing side.

Hey. I suggest gbdusd. Its more stable than the eurusd. Its also very great for this system. Also I suggest using a 55ema for the trend. Works much better than 200ema for trend direction. Use it along with support and resistance to confirm your trades.

Happy Trading! :slight_smile:

you did almost 500 pips with Koala? well done !!!

no there was the potential. I dont trade full time and only nabbed 150 myself. Could have done another 100 or so if I was home for the thrusday/friday move. It was pretty easy to see.

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day fellow forex trading koalas.

After a time of absence, The Koala System is back!

Apologies for the absence as the broker change to 5 decimal places turned my chart haywire for some time.

Looking at The Koala System’s performance for the last week, we had 3 opportunities and of which 1 could have been a big winner if the proper trailing stop loss was used.

While the reviews were absence for some time, this does not mean the koalas were on holiday! I will like to share some observations that i found out.

[ul]
[li]It is a good practice not to trade in the early hours of Monday trading despite seeing good signals. Often they reverse, typical of early trading madness.[/li][li]The 50 EMA suggested by a user seems to be doing well. This is the forex community i seek to build and i am very happy! Forex traders helping forex traders :slight_smile: The drill is simple. If the koalas indicate a sell but the 50 EMA is not sloping down ( IE in the direction of the intended trade, stay out ! ) If you observe the above chart carefully, you will notice it did help prevent a few tragedies from happening :stuck_out_tongue: It is the brown indicator.[/li][/ul]
Folks, next week is the week after the Euro Bank Stress Test results and hence i urge and urge you to trade safely and patiently. Remember, The Koala System is never about quick bucks but rather a system of slow consistent winnings.

For folks just joining us, you can view The Koala System rules here.

See you soon :slight_smile:

If you are on Facebook, i urge you to join TheGeekKnows page. Discussions on forex concepts, ideas and trades can be found there. It is a helpful community page for forex that i created and it has over 500 participants now :slight_smile:

Hello I have been using this koala system with reasonble sucess and made some good pips demo trading, however it appears as if the market has changed, just as I begun trading live this system lost me a few pips and brought my confidence down a bit. But I know the reason why this system is failing recently…It is the “market dynamics” they have changed (For EUR/USD) there is a lot more noise the market is far choppier and reacts too quickly.

I also trade other currencies with this system and have had sucess but, I am just pointing out like others have already that EUR/USD is too volatile at the moment. I beleive the GBP/USD is better at the moment. Just look at the 15 min EUR/USD chart below:

Hi Koala 801,

I recently found this site and read through the whole of the koala thread, interesting stuff Koala! Hopefully i’ll be around for a bit now as well.

I did GBP/USD this morning at 8:00 GMT, and managed to bank 66 pips so thank you.

I woud like to echoe some of the other views on here that this pair seems to be responding better at the moment.

A question I have is how you differentiate between a risky (30 point target) and a safer (50 point target trade)? Is it wholly based on the nearby support and resistance levels? My untrained eye isnt able to see much difference between the ema’s on your plots when you add a triangle and a circle?

Thanks for your help
BM

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day fellow forex traders!

Time for another The Koala System ( Forex ) review.

Last week, we noted that early Mondays are not good to begin trading as the price action may be unpredictable. We also explored a new indicator, the 50 EMA. This indicator was suggested by a member of the community. As long as the prediction of the signal does not match the indicator, it is a no go. Simple as that!

Looking at the EUR/USD 15 minutes chart above, we can see that most of the week remains in the no trading zone.

Price action was either

[ul]
[li]Too spiky[/li][li]Close to the 200 EMA[/li][li]Flip flopping[/li][/ul]
We must remind ourselves that The Koala System is all about patience and discipline. Having no trading positions is the most common “position” for this system. As this was the week after the Euro Zone Bank Stress Tests, investors were probably edgy.

The first opportunity came weekend. Just over 30 pips, this was easily missed. However the second opportunity had the potential to be a big winner if the proper trailing stop was utilized. Almost 100 pips in fact.

I’ll see you soon trade safely.

GBP/USD? hmmmmm guess i am stuck in the EUR/USD well for far too long :stuck_out_tongue: