The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

Hi BM, while it can be tied to your risk appetite, being near the 200 EMA can be a factor too… is the system doing good for you now?

Hi, can you clarify this system:

PAIR = EUR/USD
TIME = 15mins
MA = Moving Average
= 3,6,9 (can someone explain these values???)
Exponential - do you also use this or not? and does it matter as it seems
to make little difference?

Using the above method it kinda hugs the 15min trend spot on! only problem is that on a 15min chart u gotta be glued to the screen lol! Great if you free all day but bad if you at work! :frowning:

It also seems to work on any other pair as the MA is so close to the candles rend you can;t go wrong! ???

Not much with the euro this week for this system. Could have picked a bit on Friday, but it wasn’t related to this system so i stayed out. Im pretty hesitant to trade on Fridays.

So no trades this week, just waiting till I get a signal.

Have a good weekend :slight_smile:

Hi Trading 801,

Yes, i;ve only been following the system for 1 week and only made 1 trade so i’ll let you know how i progress in the next couple of weeks.

Enjoy your weekly reviews by the way, keep them coming!

Thanks
BM

hi ghostjpy… 3,6,9 seems to work best based on my time with this system… feel free to suggest better ones :slight_smile:

for me, i don’t make it so that i must constantly trade… what i do is i check in from every now and then and see if there are opportunities… while i get very few trades per week, i find myself scoring winners most of the time !!

guess its a personal preference heehee

Hi!!!
I want to try the koala stuff,
Are you still writing there and updating your trades?

Just going to put the Moving averages on the chart hell yea!

I am still here :slight_smile:

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day fellow users of The Koala Forex System.

Much have happened the past few weeks. The EUR/USD saw many spiky momentum and long time users know that this is not very favorable for The Koala Forex System. Being a system for trend trading, long consistent trends are what this system look out for.

We must always remind our selves that this system is a system of patience. Users true to the exact application of this system may find only a few opportunities per week.

One immediate observation would be the usefulness of the 200 EMA as an indicator of possible support and resistance.

While the week was mostly in the no trading zone due to the apprehension of the Feds report on the economic stimulus polices, we did have 2 opportunities for harvest. The first was a minor 30 pips trade while the second had the potential to be a winner with the proper trailing stop loss.

I will like to take the opportunity to remind everyone here that it is crucial that you trade with a knowledge of the schedule of the upcoming economic releases. This is to have an heads up of possible spiky conditions, something The Koala System is not designed for. Furthermore, proper money management must be employed at all times so that any possible failure will not cause a crippling blow to your margin account.

Trade Safely.

Koalas are flat now?..
From what i’ve understand, (sorry terrible english),
Now it’s a short signal…sell…

Am i right KOALA MASTER?

Its pretty volatile right now, too much so for koala imo.

I did a pretty easy to see bottom play on the eur/usd though. Holding till I see anything different but at the moment looks like euro is gaining a little ground this week.

Actually the koalas are doing their jobs well… warning us of the difficult ranging conditions… look at the EUR/USD !!!

am thinking of trying out M30… what do u folks think?

Hmm the US Dollar Index is hitting a resistance region… and US NFP is this week! Be careful !

Im using 5M and 15M only. anything more cos me impatience.

Long time didn’t join this thread, busy with my relocation matters.

ANyway, been contunuing to perform breakeven trades. not much improvement lately.

missed you around :frowning:

Hey there, koala! We’re still here always waiting for your updates :slight_smile: Hope our mate fxster will soon be here again to rumble lol

hihihihihi… i tot no body cared about the koala system anymore :frowning:

(anyway i hope you harvested that great down move of the EUR/USD ) heehee

Hi Koalas,
How u guys doin lately?
AFter seeing all my trades been 50/50, I’ve resorted to trade at the smallest size, i.e. 0.01 indefinitely until i can make it to at least 80/20 consistently, before i increase the size. I’m now concentrating on improving my win loose rate, as opposed to TPSL ratio.

Manage to make 40 pips downwards yesterday.
i must say the master koalas’s red line really works.

Actually nowadays i rely a lot on the red lines, fibo, 100 and 200EMAs to put in my pending trades.

Koala system is good, but i can’t use it for pending trades.
i think in future i will only have 1hr a day to look at the chart every nite (i.e. US morning). hence gotto learn more on ow to put in pending trades.

Good luck pipping koalas.

y only 1 hour? too busy?

BTW 0.01 is also ok… as you are learning !!! slow and steady like a koala…

were you caught by that EUR/USD spike? or you harvested it?

yes, manage to harvest 40pips from my buy stop since early morning.