The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

EUR/USD tough battle at the support 1.38 !

I added 3% to my margin account (a very small accout I might add) on the E/$ this a.m. but still donā€™t know if Iā€™m using the proper settings. I was whipsawed last week by getting in too early so I now wait for a close above/below the red line on the 2nd or 3rd candle. I may miss a few pips but better than losing some. I would like to know how others here time their entries - anyone? I am using a 1/2 risk reward, 25 pip SL & a 50 pip TP and will close either early if I see a change in direction. d.

yours sound similar to mineā€¦ i rather gain a few less pips than to lose the trade. sometimes i will also close manually if an important s/r is approachingā€¦ ( those lines on my reviews at my blog )

Will you be posting the updated settings this week? d.

yes. stay tunedā€¦ i hope i dont disappoint ā€¦ just a humble small koala here!

Updated system rules in first post and blog :slight_smile: hope it helps.

Thank you, much appreciated. d.

most welcomeā€¦ hope it helps!

and now the EUR/USD is testing the 1.4 region. exciting !

I just shorted the E/$ @ 1.3928 and shorted the A/$ @ .9867. I may not be able to let these run very long as I have a busy day ahead so if Iā€™m in profit I will close, if not I will adjust TP & SL if necessary and go about my business. Good luck all, d

crap - didnā€™t go back to Oandaā€™s site & took a short profit with the E/$, out @ 1.3917. I couldnā€™t move my TP fast enough, darn. But +11 pips is better than -11 pips. A/$ still running.
more edit: the A/$ hit my 30 p. [email protected]. Lady Luck has smiled on me this a.m. as both trades only went for another 2-3 pips beyond my TP before reversing so I will close up shop & feel smug for the rest of the day. But then there is tomorrow. Good trading all, d.

hey hey hey congratsā€¦ i love it when koalas make $$$

Sorry if you have visited this idea in previous posts but do you use the 5M TF as confirmation or additional information before entering a trade? I use the 15M for the basic setup but also look at the 1H to see if Iā€™m near a S/R area or other noteworthy info & then use the 5M to see if there is an indication of a trend change or pullback. Itā€™s these last 2 Iā€™m having some trouble with as it is hard to distinquish between the red & blue interacting as a pullback or a complete trend change. Any comments would be appreciated, d.

hi koala,

one quick fix would be to watch out on the 5M TF ( with the primary indictors ) ā€¦ to make sure it is not headed in the wrong direction or collapsing

Good morning koalas!!!

"Retail sales in Germany, Europeā€™s largest economy, unexpectedly dropped for a second straight month in September. " Bloomberg. probably risk aversion at workā€¦ going towards the low.

Did you complete the week green in pips? I hope so :slight_smile:

Do remember that next week brings the much anticipated FOMC statement event. Watch out for crazy price action! The EUR/USD as mentioned in the latest review by Masoud on my blog seems to be in a squeezing triangle !

price is knocking at 1.4 strong lineā€¦ wait for confirmation ā€¦

back to 1.38+ dont let this apprehension wipe out your positions koalas!

Well Mr. Koala Man - thank you. I grabbed +30 pips this a.m., E/$ FXDD, and +20 Pips, same pr. Oanda. Iā€™m starting to regain some lost ground that I experienced with other strategies which Iā€™m sure are successful but I donā€™t know how to trade them. Yours is easy & straight forward. thanks again, d.

hey Koala D, i am VERY happy to hear that you are picking upā€¦ do remember that no one system to rule them allā€¦ expect up and downsā€¦ proper MM is crucial to ride out those tough timesā€¦

Please feel free to follow my website for my updates / reviews :slight_smile:

BTW do rate this thread if you like the systemā€¦ i hope to share to as many koalas as possible about this free systemā€¦ lol some folks thought i will charge them sighā€¦ its tough to be a koala :stuck_out_tongue:

EUR/USD continues to hover around 1.42ā€¦