The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

hi buddy… have you read the system rules at the first post? the indicators are very basic … should not be a prob… :slight_smile:

Hi Trading801
Thank you for your reply.I will try to construct template as per rules.
Last week was a very very good chance to capture as many pips But unfortunately I made Hedging entry and could not benefit much.

arasheed

nope. but tring to ride on it now. hoping for a small correction. made pending orders hoping it will retrace to the 200EMAs

Good day to all… seems like the EUR/USD caught the up wind from the successful bond auctions of Portugal Spain Italy … Are you expecting 1.34?

i put my pending buy limit too low and until still haven’t touch it.

what is your level koala fxster?

managed to ride on the buy side, but yet to touch my tp at 1.3570

Will have to say I stacked up some serious pips today on the 15min - 30 min charts today across the boards. I dont use this system a whole lot laately but today I must say they all lined up so you have no choice but to enter when that happens.

ahh apologies … being busy with all the reviews and articles at the site… the trend was quite good at times… did you folks manage to harvest?

fxster? bob?

I keep peeking in on this strategy - have the setup rules changed any from post #1? #1 & the setup as posted on the blog seem to agree but sometimes a tweak or two is added in an ongoing thread but the rules don’t get changed. d.

I woke up in the middle of the night for whatever reason so I fired up the computer and took a look at the Koala. Shorted the E/$ @ 1.3779 at 04:10 CST/US. Got sleepy and went back to bed and at 06:56 my 30 pip TP was hit. I missed the later huge news move but plenty satified with +30. I have also set up a MB Trading demo acct with their ECN order system so I can see if other pairs can be traded. With FXDD the E/GBP has sometimes a 6-8 pip spread, not tradeable. But the same pair just a few minutes ago with MBT had a lower spread than the E/$ so it should be interesting next week. d

the current rules u see is ok :stuck_out_tongue: BTW i am happy u made money with the furry koala system heehee :slight_smile: you saw the crazy NFP earlier?

801 - I don’t trade on Fridays, especially NFP

same here i usually dont… however i have many readers who just love to do so… it is sad cause a number of them had margin calls… it is 99% impossible to predict the direction of the NFP spikes… wonder why is it so attractive to so many to speculate then…

The past two mornings have been successful for me using the Koala. One difference is that I have upped my lots and use S/R for TP if one would come into play before the 30 pip suggested TP. Of course if one is too close then I have to 1) lower the lots, 2) just go with the suggested 30 pips, or 3) wait it out for a better trade setup. I also now have a demo with MBT, an ECN broker, and it appears that I will be able to trade other prs with MBT’s much tighter spreads, some prs even better than Oanda.

Hi may i ask how does the 200 EMA ( black line ) affect the koalas?
Let’s say the 3 red, green, blue koalas in a parallel line going up and not diverging or converging, then the black line is crossing or near them… does it mean it will go up? or the other way round…i am confuse about the 200 EMA. thanks.

so meaning that, the 3 koala (red , green and blue ) must not overlap each other and must be parallel?
let’s say going downstream ( we sell ) and if it almost touches the 200EMA line below, then we must cut at that point?

Sorry i cant post the picture yet. but its the same as your photo posted in this date. ( 01-03-2010 07:36 AM)

using koala got 96 pips. =D Nice

I haven’t found the 200ema to be all that important unless it is very close to the other 4. It does at times seem to be a level of S/R but it also seems to be easily broken. Just my .01 ct.!

Mr Dobro, basically what you meant is, the 200 EMA is not that important. and just look at the 3 RGB Koalas?

what is the other 4? are you using the 50EMA (brown)?? Else i thought there are only Red Green Blue and the Black?
By the way, what is S/R? Thanks for the advice.

*Any Koala’s here trade GOLD and USD/JPY or GBP/USD ?