The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

dont give up… y not try limiting to 2% for total exposure??

in the middle of the chaos, there are always opportunities for the patient trader… did you manage to catch this koala on the hourly?

Well, I hope I’m not too late to the party. I just spent the last 4 hours reading through all 700+ posts. While reading I’ve been pulling up historical data from my charts to see if I could identify trends myself too. So far I like the concept and I’ll be using the next few weeks to practice this method (demo account, $260).

Thanks!

hey all the best! go to my website too to read up. Remember, you need patience and proper money management!!

oh and i look forward to your posts here too :slight_smile:

So far I’ve made about 4 trades using this system and picked up a net gain of 31 pips. Most of my trades weren’t something I’d usually jump on but I’m just practicing this new system and finding my entry points (so far I’m always a bit late). Something I noticed, your charts don’t seem to include the brown moving average line you mention in the original post. Why not?

I also checked out your website (briefly), are you not still updating it regularly? The latest Koala post I saw was from 2010

Update for today on the EUR/USD,

Are we about to see a breakout for an upward trend? We are also right on top of the black 200 EMA so is it risky?

15Min Chart taken at 3:30
(sorry, it’s a screenshot from my phone which is remote viewing my desktop at home…)

I’ll go ahead and answer my own question there. Success! That’s how you harvest 47 pips :35:

I’m pretty annoyed right now. The EUR/USD was developing a great Koala indicator this morning. I was watching (ie drooling) because I knew it was going to be a good one. Unfortunately I had to run to work before I could set anything up. I remote login to my desktop at home so I planned to just do it then. Windows rebooted my computer for updates so my pc is stuck at home at the login screen!!!

It’s made over a 200 pip drop so far. I’m hating myself right now, not because I didn’t pull the trigger but because I WANTED to pull the trigger and couldn’t!

Good news! Got home from work in time spot our friendly Koalas forming at 1.4190. Got myself a nice 30pip profit!

Ok - I think I’m gonna stop taking over trading801’s thread now :slight_smile: Even in my limited experience with it, I am a fan of this Koala system. I’ll start up a journal thread of my own and document my findings.

hey buddy… how have you been? No worries about posting here… it is most welcome… hope you are getting lots of pips from the cute koalas !!!

koala updates are slower now as i am concentrating more on my usual eur/usd reviews… did you read those? :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m a newbie in forex. This system caught my attention and decided to try it. Manage to get 35 pips for my first try. Apparently the RGB Koala like to swing up and down before line up in perfect parallel. The 50EMA really help in filtering out the false breakout. For my trade I put pending order 20 pips above the current price if the 3 koala line up trend. this save me from false swing. My TP is 35 and SL 30. Just some sharing from me :slight_smile:

thanks for sharing… so basically you will put a pending order of 20 pips in the direction of the trend always to be sure?

Hey everyone… did you manage to catch a koala or two on the downsides recently?

ok we have hit a tight range of 200 +/- pips for the eur/usd … watch out for 1.34

Hey everyone… how is your holiday coming along? 2011 is coming to an end… did you gain much from the koala system?

Happy 2012 :slight_smile: May this year be an excellent year for you!

Good day koalas. Have you started trading already ?

Am thinking does any one apply the koala system to the aud/usd. Am noticing that it is ranging.