The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

And indeed the last few weeks strong trend was good for koala. Pips harvested. Hope you too.

Got some good pips, now waiting for the bullish signal to kick in on daily time frame.

Glad to know that ā€¦ :slight_smile: probably expecting some rough seas now. Check out my eurusd forecast on my website if you know it.

More pips to all of us !!!

i am just starting to use your system on demo accounts now. which brokers do you recommend? i currently have an account with InstaForex and i am trying a ECN account demo from UniversalFX. i think universal will be better, since it has DMA and allā€¦ they even mention their liquidity providers on their website, so they sound pretty legit. also, their quotes are very fast!

all the best, look forward to hearing how people are going with this system!

Shay McCusker - newbie Forex trader

Are they regulated ?

How do you find the system on demo so far ?

Insta is regulated in Russia. not very reliable in my books, but they seem pretty legit, and i read alot about them so far. they have very fast deposit and withdrawal and nobody has problems with them apparently. Universal is regulated by ARIF apparently. their head office is in BVI with offices in Switzerland and UK. they look good so far, and their spreads are TIGHT!

my results so far: 1 trade. details below
open time: 18.6.12 0951H
order: SELL EURUSD 0.1 lots @1.26322
i used 30 pip TP and SL
closed 18.6.12 1238H @1.26035
broker time is GMT-1

all together a nice trade. i missed one last night about midnight GMT (although technically since the brown line was towards the 3 koalas, it shouldnt trigger) but i am in another now since 9am GMT.

i like to use the 30 pip SL and TP setting because i looked back a few days and it seems that the trends arenā€™t really going far beyond this level currentlyā€¦

like i said, its only on demo at the moment, but i am really liking this simple strategy. my broker for this demo account is universal fx, and with tight spreads (1 or 2 pips, sometimes zero pips!!) its even better!

Did you harvest lots of pips?

Anyone following the EUR/USD bearish drop would probably be beaming with happiness with the so many opportunities identified by Koala over the weeks :slight_smile:

System is working like a charm. 200 Pips in the past week!

Excellent. U must be a happy koala :slight_smile:

Recently lots of slow trading and crazy spikes. I took a more careful approach. Did u koalas make good harvest ?

Been in a trade for 3 weeks just sitting tight and waiting, over 400 pips. Cannot complain one bit :cool:

What was your final harvest ? :slight_smile:

Hi 801,

I am very new to forex trading and am still on a demo account trying to hone my skills before going live. I love your system and have been reading though the threads. One thing that keeps coming up is people bailing out too soon. When I start trading for real money I am looking at intra day trading and scalping 20 pips per day at 1% risk. I came across the following method in another thread and would like to know what you think:

When a trade opportunity becomes clear open 2 trades - one at 1% risk, the other at 0.5% risk both with a SL of 20 pips. Set the TP of trade 1 at 20 pips but leave the other open. If the trade materialises and trade 1 closes at 20 pips all is good and profit is made. Leave trade 2 open but move the SL to the initial entry price so there is no risk. If the markets continue to move in your favour then you keep harvesting pips, if it retraces then you lose nothing.

What do you think? I can tell from this thread that you are a seasoned pro and I would appreciate your advice.

Hi 801,

thanks so much for your system, and thread! Iā€™m new in forex trading, just started trading on a real account.
Iā€™m trying out your system, and I think it looks very good! I suits me, my work and my way of trading.
This is my first week with help from the Koalas, and Iā€™ve harvested 80 pips so far!

Iā€™ll post my questions along the wayā€¦

feeling a bit stupidā€¦, but I canā€™t get the EMA 200 to show on my chartā€¦ All the other moving averages are shown.
What am I missing here??

Hi. U can try however do note that if both trades go bad it will be double loss ! You entry must be as good as possible then ā€¦

R u able to set it first ?

Iā€™m not sure what you meanā€¦ If I set it to 140 it appears, but from 150 and up itā€™s goneā€¦ Iā€™m using Etoro, with the online trading platform.
Thanks much for your reply!:slight_smile:

Iā€™m trying out the Koalas on GBP/USD. Anyone else tried it?
Just entered SELL 1.6213.
TP: 1.6163
SL: 1.6243

Iā€™m sorry if GBP/USD have been a topic earlier in this treadā€¦

Have you backtested the system?