The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

Yes, I have done some backtesting. Looks promising:) Still on try-out. Keep you posted!

Can you share the backtest result?

Closed @1.6163 gaining 50 pips.

Hi, Iā€™m afraid notā€¦ As a newbie I have not stored any of the results. I just went back on timeline and tried it out.
I will backtest more, and try to share it here:)
Do You have any good tips on backtesting?
Have a good weekend all!:slight_smile:

There s a course under the EA section that can help you with the backtesting

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

hi 801

I see you still trade this system even after 3 years?

do you still only use the EURUSD? or are you now using more pairs?

and are you still using 15m?

and are you still using 30 TP 30 SL? if not what are your TP and SL?

Thanks alot

Hi.

Just started using the koala system. I like it. I am trying it on a daily chart, using the 4 hour chart to show if the koala is coming to an end. I use the 50SL/50 TP because it is daily. It appears that reentry is a real possibility with the koala.

Will let you know how it goes.

I use it with just two pairs E/U and A/U.

Thanks again bud.

:slight_smile:

Just been reading the the thread, think Iā€™m gonna give it a try

did you all gain pips? should be ya?

Now did You make a EA or somebody else maybe makes a EA?

No one make any Ea I am not so fond of eas personally. Kind of need the actual feel of the market :slight_smile:

Wow, your system is amazing. I love how youā€™ve incorporated 200-candle MAs to gauge the long-term trend. I might actually make a spin-off of your system soon; I just tried it, and it looks overall quite good, although I need to figure out how to avoid trading in fake-outs.

I will automate it (obviously, since thatā€™s my thing).

Iā€™m using just two MAs, a 14-candle EMA and a 140 SMA. Why was your 200-EMA not an SMA? I found that SMA vs. EMA for the long term (140 candles in my case) gave more clear signals (less likely to give a false signal) than an EMA. BabyPips school says something similar (SMA = turtle = for long-term trends, EMA = rabbit = short-term, more prone to spikes and early trends)

I am definitely open to suggestions and improvements ! This is what this thread is all about. Let us know :slight_smile:

We have actually completely different goals, in a sense; manual trading is not like EA trading. You can make judgment calls, ā€œseeā€ things like head and shoulders, etc.

Anyway, Iā€™ll keep you posted on how my experiment progresses. 5M is terrible for accurately finding patterns, so Iā€™m using that to flush out all the weird cases.

So far, I have a few ā€“ like my indicators criss-crossing several times in a span of a few candles, or false signals (buy but price goes up less than 20 pips) ā€“ if I can deal with those on this timeframe, I am more confident that when they arise on higher timeframes, I will deal with them correctly :slight_smile:

I coded this up. After ironing out some kinks related to indicators (when exactly the prices are calculated ā€“ at the close of the last candle), I still didnā€™t find a way to avoid those ā€œfakoutā€ conditions (see screenshot). Apparently, checking if the 4H candle is red or green isnā€™t always sufficient.

Any ideas?

FYI, the stats on this EA so far:

• Makes 52 pips from January 1st to today
  • 136 total trades
  • 53% shorts won, and 49% longs won

In short, itā€™s almost a break-even at this point. 30M shows worse results, and 1H seems okay, although it trades less than once a week.

Hi there, this is my first post ever and this is salute Trading801!
I had looked around Babypips and other forex forum for a easy system to begin on the journey.
None was found till now.
In the end, itā€™s your system which got my attention.

Currently I am looking at 5 pair : EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/CAD & AUD/USD

And I only trade with 1H Chart while following the trend of the Daily Chart.

Is the method of my trading correct? Please adviseā€¦

Today I notice a possible reversal in USD/CHF DAILY CHART, and looked for an entry in USD/CHF 1H Chart and managed to lock in 30 pips.

Cheersā€¦

Hi Koala,

are there any changing on the indicator show in first page, all 3 MAs apply to Smoothed?

i still not really understand the rule for enter trade, we need to wait for all 3 MAs group together, and enter trade when all 3 MAs spread to same direction?

sorry for my bad english, please help to advice me.

appreciate your hlep

anybody can tell me how to entry a trade?

I think you maybe have to go to the top of this page, click on the ā€œSchoolā€ tab and then click on Pre-School and start from there.