The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

I personally haven’t seen many opportunities to trade the system this week. I saw one nice set up but Monday was a pretty flat day for me.

no worries… i average one trade per day… remember this is a patience system… better to earn less than lose all !

Yup made quite good pips from yesterdat EURUSD uptrend.

I think it’s really high and touching resistance. The resistance is the highest point since Aug08 if im not mistaken.

I would like to say thanks to trading801, this is a simple way to better understand the trend lines and how to take advantage of them. I am relatively new to this and this is the first system that I am having regular success with.

Thanks.:slight_smile:

do note that on a longer term basis we seem to be still rather bullish… look at my weekly reviews in my blog. TheGeekKnows.com

The bullish trendline was tested but no failures yet.

You are most welcome… the best way to thank me is to participate in this thread and share with us your success :slight_smile: i feel happy when another koala benefits from this and avoids the horror of margin calls ! yeah !

I find it difficult to tell when the lines are parallel enough for an entry and when a red box area is forming. Can you explain better what to look for?

yeah, i find it hard also sometimes.
especially when the red ones diverted wider than the other 2 koalas. This makes me thinking twice whether to trade or not.

Anyway, got to trial and error and makes some experiences.

Btw, managed to make some gains from the downtrend, i sold at 1.5085, but chicken out and close at 1.5060, to make 25 pips only, when i can make another 25p if i gungho enuf.

hey there! maybe i should call you “MR. Koala” haha… hmm… the thing i dont understand is that how do i know if i can enter this trade? whether the trend is still strong enough for me to ride on?

Did you see the 15M wick at about 5 mintes ago??

That was te longest wick i’ve seen in a 15M chart. (Mind my exageration, im still a newbie)
A big wipslash. Any idea wat happened??

Yeah, a better unemployment claims figure, but why the wipslash?

Luckily i wasn’t in any trade.

Looks like i better not trade today and tomorrow, (maybe a small contract value…hehehe… if i’ve got itchy hands)

What do u think Mr. Koala (yeah lets change your name)

hi, as long as the lines are more or less parallel… it is fine… only when the red koala is so strong that it moves away from the 2 other koalas then it is caution…

when you see the koalas flipping around then you can assume it is no trade zone for some time…

i will do some pics over the weekend ok? am busy now… some folks apparently reported that i was “advertising” o m g it is so tough to be a good koala. i need to sort it out with babypips

hi normz… when the red koala diverge from the rest, it is probably too strong…

i will try to post some pics over weekend ok? having some prob. .read the previous post SIGH

i like Mr Koala !

i doubt the main party is only caused by the unemployment… if you read my blog, ECB the MAN Trichet is speaking too… folks will dissect his words and speculate like hot kangaroos !

i am sorry i cant post links for now… in case some one reports me for advertising again ARRGGHHH i am waiting for the mod’s reply… it is not a good feeling to receive infraction for trying to do good sob sob

thanks in advance!! looking forward to see the examples! thanks! :smiley:

[B]Copied from my blog for the readers here : [/B]
[B]The Koala System Weekly Review 30 Nov 09 - 04 Dec 09[/B]

Good day to all Koala System users.

Did your koalas treat you well this week? Now let us all remember that the koalas treat us well not only by suggesting to us when to trade. It warns us to stay out too when the going gets tough.

As suggested in my previous EUR/USD Weekly Review, this week was tough

As a promise to a few users, i have included detailed view of the various highlighted areas and the thought process that comes with it.

[B]1)[/B] Right at the start of the week, the koalas warned us that things were choppy. Notice that although the price seemed to be going down, the red koala tested the other 2 koalas often. This was a no trade signal as it suggested that the price might be trying to flip direction.

[B]2)[/B] True enough, the price flipped later and presented to us a good opportunity. I took this opportunity because the 3 koalas were just around parallel and the price was around the red koala. When you see the price sits or rests around the red koala, it is suggesting that the move is stable.

[B]3)[/B] Lastly with the Non-Farm Payroll, comes the usual volatility associated with it. The Koala System did warned of it. We could see the 3koalas diverging which indicated that the current move might be too fast for comfort. Furthermore, the price hardly touched the red koala and this suggested that the price action was amok.

Folks, i hope this article shed some light on how you can think like a koala. Remember that The Koala System is designed to prevent you from going against the trade and hence patience must be there to wait for the right opportunity. Plan your trade well and never panic again!

Trade safe. :slight_smile:

thanks for the detail explanations and the nice graphic.

so, the other rule is that price must be near the red line?
Can i say within about 10 pips difference (netween red line and close of candle) is considered ok? or 5pips is safer?

ah… buddy you are been too exact… the beauty ( or horror to some ) of the koala system is that it suggests trends … once u see the koalas develop the right way and the price somewhat on or below the red koala, it should be fine… ( by the way, the price must be on or above when bullish or on / below when bearish )

p/s DID U CATCH THAT DOWN TREND? the koalas showed it well

actually i got burned for the downtrend (on Monday), can’t remember why. I think might be my SL too tight.

Instead i made it back, (by doubling my size) on the slight uptrend. Btw, i made on AUD/USD instead of EU. “Maybe” less volatile and a slight lagging behing EU, hence “maybe” an arbitrage opportunity.

Got burn again on EU and other pairs (tried to experiment it on AUDUSD and USDJPY).

Wats your result, Mr koala?

hihihi sorry was busy with other stuff arrRggGgHhhh

for me, i am still harvesting… hmmmmm u using unmodified koalas? what is your SL?