The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

It certainly [B]WAS[/B] in a huge downtrend, and it looks like it [B]MIGHT[/B] continue. Might is the key word–too soon to say, IMO.

Potaire

fxster, when the koalas are bundled, it means that you should wait. Remember we are looking for a nice parallel pattern…

if by shifting you produce such patterns before it really happens… then this is not the way koala works… hmmmmm

That’s wat i was trying to say.

Shifted EMA gets out of bundle faster, so easier to see trend forming earlier, so more trade opportunity, but more potential fakeouts as well.

With Koalas, the trade opportunity is slower, but more confirm.

Anyway, both are good indicators, and im practicing both.

Btw potaire, at the time i’ve posted my earlier reply, it looks like a down trend, but it WAS infact an uptrend but shortlive by a short downtrend, before it went up again. i.e. it would be a fakout experience for me.

i stay true to my traditional koala spirit ! slow and steady wins the race :stuck_out_tongue:

Smart, very smart. d.

fxster–yes, I saw same thing and was thinking of you.:slight_smile: That’s why I said “Too soon to tell”. That last candle had just started—only a couple minutes old— although you had no way of knowing that by looking at my posted chart.

Potaire

I read a very few posts on “that other forum” and some mention a 50EMA & others a 200EMA for trend and S/R indications. I don’t see any mention of that here but do you think either/both would be helpful? I’m fine with this setup but always wanting a slight edge if one exists. d.

i think 801 did mention about 200EMA or SMA as the S&R, somewhere in this thread.

50EMA i would think the S&R would be very tight, resulting in limited trading options.

I should have said that the 200 was in conjuction with S/R & the 50 was used for spotting the trend. Like any other strategy going with the trend should yield more pips. d

hi hi,

thanks for your support…

200EMA is been used internally by the koalas @ koala labs ( a trying to be cool name for beta ) lol

just thought that i wont mention it upfront as my aim is never to confuse the newbie koalas…

anyway so far, the price does seem to interact with the 200EMA on M15 at times @ EUR/USD i use it as a edge for potential S/R you folks’ koalas treating you well?

Hi all the weekly review from my blog posted here for you ! enjoy.

Hi all and a wonderful weekend to you.

Welcome to another weekly review of the Koala System !

Firstly apologies for the slightly different chart. I am traveling and hence this is a different pc.

This week is bearish but the price action was not smooth. Therefore the Koala System did not score a home run. However as i always say, it is better to gain some than to lose all betting on the wrong side of the fence!

The two red boxes consist mostly the usual flip flops which is a classic no trading zone. The another feature i will like to highlight to you is the flat koalas. When the 3 koalas are flat, it indicates low volume / hesitation. Definitely a no trading zone. Price may spike either ways with no warnings potentially wiping out margin accounts.

Having said so, the Koala System rewards those who are patient and we have at least 3 classic opportunities. ( Black circles ) :slight_smile:

Did you notice the red circle? Over the week, i have folks who saw my charts with the 200EMA and have asked me about it. Notice how the price seems to respect the 200EMA at times? I use it as a potential warning of resistance and support lines. However this is still experimental beta and hence it belongs to Koala Labs ! ( A lab consisting of koalas working hard to prevent margin call to all with new innovations in forex trading :stuck_out_tongue: )

This week was a pretty rough one and i had folks writing to me saying that they lost their accounts. This is saddening as i always feel that money is hard to come by. I hope my dear koala readers do follow the Koala System diligently. Doing so together with proper money management may minimise your risk of a margin call.

Ok! Thanks for joining me. Do read my weekly review of the EUR/USD to get a heads up on my opinions for the upcoming week, See you and trade safe.

hey there, i would like to ask if the koalas can be applied to other currency pair? other than 15 mins can i apply it to 30 or higher time frame?

Hi Mr. Koala,
I just picked a few stars from the above menu, and I am not sure why I did this; is it because I also like cute Koalas, because you sometimes manage to turn these serious talks into relaxing ones so newbies like me can understand more easily, or is it because this system is indeed very good and is very comfy to be applied by us (newbies). Well, I guess all those reasons are true :).

Now the question part: Is it enough to determine the fakeout signals just by seeing the slopes of the Koalas (i.e. if they go flat: no trade)? Is it a valid signal if Koalas diverge after a series of flat ?

Have anybody written an EA for this system? I am trying to write one, and I will be willingly to share it here once its backtest gives me good win/lose ratio. The reason I do this is because I cannot sit 24/5 in front of my charts, waiting for the green lights. It would be nice if I can deliver the signals to my cell phone.

Thanks,
JK

This is my opinion. But if others disagree, please comment.

30M or higher: I would think its risky, as it will be too later to go in. Bare in mind the 3 koalas is 3, 6 and 9, which is relatively short period. So i would think not suitable for 30M timeframe or higher, which should use longer period, and normally for trend analysis.

Other pairs: I would think pairs such as AUDUSD and USD CHF, might be usable, as these pairs are relatively less volatile and it’s slow and steady kinda character. But not theose pairs with GBP, JPY are more volatile, thus using 15M timeframe might be too late.

omg… i just got squeeze off 40 pips… ok… luckily it is demo… but i seriously dont understand how the parallel is going to help? cos it turned on me. or maybe the parallei aint parallel enough?! Zzz… is there any other indication other than the parallel? maybe the angle of the EMA?

Hi Normz,
I believe it would be helpful to analyze why you lost 40p if you have attached the screenshot of what happened. But if I may, below are my suggestion and opinions:

1. Always remember what Mr Koala reminds us hundreds of times: [U]be patient[/U]. With the fact that on average he only have one trade per day, I think he really means that.
  2. You probably had entered the market when the Koalas went flat. Like you said, the angle/slope should be climbing or diving. I myself also still wonder, what is the best minimum (and maximum --to detect ‘too fast move’?) angle to enter.
  3. I am trying to analyze the addition of Stochastics indicator in my chart, to detect oversold/overbought state. It looks promising, although I have not found the best parameters for it. Anybody have suggestions?

Thanks,
JK

this is the attachment… hmm look at 21st Dec 8.45 onwards… i was beautifully on profit but it turned on me and after it turned on me… look at the price action… it rises beautifully and i am not in the trade! OMG…

look at 21 Dec 3.45 too… it was beautifully formed too… Zzz…

hmm… i know that he average 1 trade per day… but the setup was there… how i not enter when the setup was good! Lol! damn… luckily was paper trade… but i really want to know why is it happening…

hi hi sorry to all… i am FINALLY BACK lol

ok

1 ) while it is possible to use this on other pairs since it is based on trends, i am an EUR/USD koala and i never venture to other forest much !

1. My experience and opinion,

M15 = More false signals. Less boring.
M30 = Less false signals. Boring.
M60 = Least false signals. Sleep while waiting for trade like a koala. However i have seen 100s of pips of homerun with this during super trending markets.

Anything below M15 is noise and is extremely risky !!!

1. This month if you have been reading my reviews of the eur/usd at my blog, is a super whipsaw crazy month. the recent bear power of the eur/usd although consistent, is accompanied by many spikes. These can kill your margin accounts / SL which are too tight.

I personally use SL50.

p/s thanks for the star vote… me and the koalas are humbled !

oh btw, a quick easy way for me to see if it is too fast a action is a long candle…

for example the last few candles are all short and suddenly this one comes along like a tall giraffe among many koalas, this is too fast… will try to get some pic examples soon…