The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

Hi Normz,
I agree with you, it was a little tricky entry. I assume you took short a few minutes before 8:45, and looking a while back, I saw that it bounced back at around last week’s low. Your entry point, judging from Koalas behavior alone, looks valid. If I were you, I would have put my TP a few points above that level, and/or put TS to reserve profit.
Of course, talking is cheap; much easier than action. I could have made the same mistake if I was in front of charts at that time :slight_smile:
Anyways, I think we are entering quiet season market before Christmas, and therefore I will not expect mining as many pips as in regular season.

So what are we going to do? Even such nice setup couldn’t give at least 70 percent of taking it is really hard to move along with the koalas… My take would be koalas alone cannot do the trick though koalas are good indication where the price are going but it isn’t telling us whether the trend is strong enough…

Hi normz, do remember that The Koala System is never mean to be the holy grail. There is no holy grail except proper money management !

Anyway do you move your SL once your trade is underway?

Do you mean when I am in profit? Whether I move my sl? Nope…

Yeap, i believe that’s what he meant. So the SL doesn’t increase from 50pips to 70pips, after the price moves in your favour for 20 pips.

Anyone know how to do a trailing stop in MT4?

I’ve tried to put trailing stop (TS), and after i choose my TS, there is a tick sign beside it and my SL column turns yellow.

But my SL seems stagnant. It doesn’t move, although the price move in favour.
Also when it got stop loss, it was at my original SL, not based on the TS.

the problem with moving SL is very tricky… if it is moved too much, our trade will have no air to breathe…

as long we maintain 50pips should be reasonable

hi there,

you folks know me… i am a risk averse koala…

i ALWAYS move to my SL to + a few pips when the price moved some distance… i know this may result in premature cut off, but it has also saved me from many trades turned sour…

i guess at the end of the day, the koala system is very flexible … you want to risk more or less?

for me, my theory is simple… i rather earn less than lose more… so far this managed to keep my boat afloat…

MT4 , you simply click on your trade for trailing SL. But the price must move that much first before it activates.

for example you set trailing SL of 20.

The price must move in favor of 20 first before the SL is changed to breakeven.

I did that, but my SL only turn yellow, but the price never moves.

For e.g current price is 1.3050. I set myTP at 1.3100 and SL is 1.3000, then i chooses a TS of 50 pips. When the price move to 1.3060, shouldn’t my SL also moves up to 1.3010 automatically?

ah buddy, you may have got the concept of TSL wrong … when you set TSL of 50pips, your mt4 will only change the SL for you if your position moves to +50.

It does not happen immediately… trade safe !

oh, thanks for the clarification.

So in my eg. earlier, if i set a TSL of 15pips, when the price move from 1.3050 to 1.3066 (16pips up), what will my SL be?

simple :slight_smile: imagine you just open a position @ 1.3066 and you set a SL of 15 !

Merry Christmas To You and Your Family !!!

Hi all, find below the weekly review from my blog for your reading here. Cheers:)

Good day.

Welcome to another weekly review of The Koala System.

This week we see challenging situations for the koalas. This is not unexpected though as the holiday season and it’s low volume tends to create an environment for spikes.

While we have numerous opportunities this week, these are of the border line cases. IE. If your stop loss is too tight or you did not move your stop loss to protect profits once the price moved, there may be potential of the reversal to loss. Take a look at the 3rd circle. This opportunity was a short position. However the spike upwards moments later will wipe your position if you stop loss is too tight. My stop loss is usually 50 pips initially.

I do have readers telling me that they do not move their stop losses after the price has moved in their favor. Personally, i am risk averse and hence i always move my stop losses to protect a few pips of profit while letting the koalas go as far as they can.

I rather [I]gain fewer[/I] pips than to [I]lose all pips[/I].

This is overall in line with the koala spirit of slow and steady wins the race and so far i am doing fine with The Koala System.

The red boxes pretty much speak for themselves. You may notice the new red circles? These are areas where the prices seems to have interacted with the 200EMA. This is currently in testing by Koala Labs.

As we move towards another holiday week, circumstances may remain challenging for The Koala System. Read my EUR/USD Weekly Review article to find out more.

Trade safe and cheers!

Mr Koala,

Any view on the rumour about EUR may not be able to maintain its single currency?

If EUR really breaks, the koalas need to be re-trained, if tnot they would be retranched. hahaha…

LOL retrenched? nah our koalas are very hardworking… no retrenchment for them lol

btw easy setup earlier… you caught it?

Was the black circle yesterday or today’s trade?

If it was the yesterday US session, I did caught it, very early, as I used 5M TF, coz i was so impatient that i had to do at least a trade yesterday before i go to sleep. (Btw, I’m at GMT+8).

If it’s today, then nope, as I’m still in office working.

Just to add on, i took profit before touching my TP, as it was approching the 200EMA, altho it actually went down much further.

this system really helps me set up my entry point…never believe before that theres an easy system like this…
thanks mr koala

hey buddy :slight_smile: u know our koala motto ! better to gain less than lose all !

no prob :slight_smile: drop by often to our tree here and do help rate this thread if you like us … cheers and hope u harvest lots of pips !!