The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

actually i still on demo account:p

no problemā€¦ get some practiceā€¦ when ready start smallā€¦ remember your proper money management ok ? have you read the articles here ? those are goodā€¦ you can also read more at my blog to understand moreā€¦ all the best happy new year :slight_smile:

thx for the adviceā€¦i think ill get my real account in a weekā€¦
happy new year

Hello all! Posted the latest weekly review here for your convenience :slight_smile:

Hi all,

welcome to another weekly review of The Koala System.

The Koala System is basically an easy system for forex traders of all experience! Itā€™s main aim of it is to help prevent one from trading against the trend or from trading under adverse conditions.

This week, The Koala System correctly identified what i was warning about in my EUR/USD Daily Reviews and EUR/USD Weekly Reviews

The holiday season did bring about magnified reactions to economic releases and unexpected spikes. These regions are boxed in red above and one shouldnā€™t be trading then. Classic indicators like the 3 koalas attempting to flip multiple times and the price action touching the blue koala were rampant.

There was one opportunity identified by the system. However it was unlikely that one could harvest the full 50 pips as the 200EMA was right below. The 200EMA provided us a warning of a potential support and it was correct. While the 200EMA belongs to Koala Labs ( Place for experimental ideas ) now, it seems quite ready for graduation!

In view of instances whereby The Koala System did produce an accurate signal but is unable to run the full course of 50pips, i once again will like to gently remind that it is always good to move your Stop Loss to protect profits.

It is always better to gain less than to lose all.

Trade safe and you may want to read the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review for a heads up.

any koala user caught that ride up? a full 100 pips harvest !

nope. i came back too late from work.

When i came back it went up and was at ranging market, about 2-3 hours ago.

Itā€™s still uptrend now, but my worry is itā€™s near a strong resistance line.

what do u think? they uptrend gona stop soon?

i think it may range before the next stepā€¦ it is after all at a resistance based on the M15ā€¦ 31 Dec 09

I am patiently waiting for a setup today. Iā€™m down 47 pips as Mon.'s trade went against me. I like this strategy but frankly Iā€™ve never done well on short TFs but willing to see if the Koalas can correct that. d.

edit: I added a 96 period SMA closed (Oanda default settings, they canā€™t be changed) to give me a 1 day trend line. Not sure how beneficial it will be but I can always hit ā€œdeleteā€!

hey buddyā€¦ i hope The Koala System works for youā€¦ it usually rewards patient and diligent koalas!

M15 will usually reap you intra day positions unless a strong momentum is under way ā€¦

Remember to strictly use proper money management ok? if you want to get a koalaā€™s view of the daily / weekly eur/usdā€¦ feel free to go to my free blogā€¦

anyway hope you harvest the pips! do rate our koala thread if the system helps ok ? all the best ~ ~

Went in long couple of hours earlier, before going off to work, with TP and SL of course.
(GMT+8 here)
Iā€™ll only know the result when i get home.

hmmmm all the bestā€¦ but u did read the latest weekly review of koala here and the eur/usd reviews at my blog right?

important releases coming up for US and EURO including Margin Call Fridayā€¦

hence price may be spikey ā€¦ hence a full 50 pips TP trade without any moving of SL to protect profit may be riskyā€¦

lets also not forget the greece problemsā€¦

Post New Year Party for The Koala System users!

lost 40pips on long, during the short uptrend at early Australia session.

I think ur right, SL and TP need to be shorten than 50pip.

iā€™m thinking 20-30pips. I just shorted with 20 pips TP and made it back, closed at 1.4306, before it wen up after touching 1.4299. phew!!

yeah reducing expectations when the going gets tough may be a good thingā€¦ especially when the ranging is tight and you really must trade :P, this may increase your chances !

Yup u got me there. Canā€™t resist trading, especially after i made losses.

Mr Koala, wats ur time zone actually, u seems to be posting or trading 24hrs?

2nd question, why risk adverse pushes up the USD?
Is it because ask US investors pulling out fro global investment, they would transfer money back to US, thus increase USD?
Care to explain or lead me to any article that explains that?

letā€™s just say i am a committed koala ! lol btw risk averse i do have article on thatā€¦ but i cant post it here as i do not want the bosses here to knock my head ! lol

go to my blog, it is under forex educationā€¦ or u can use the search thereā€¦ let me know if you cant findā€¦

happy tradiningā€¦ remember Margin Call Friday is TODAY !!

tried, but couldnā€™t find it.

i did run thru ur forex education a month ago, but donā€™t recall thereā€™s any explanation of how the concept of risk adversion works.

Maybe u let me know which date? Is it under education or daily review?

oh sorry about thatā€¦ under forex education, sep 6 2009. Risk aversion in the forex market.

do let me know if it helps ! :slight_smile:

Hi thanks. found it.

But i think it didnā€™t explain(or maybe i didnā€™t read correctly) why at times, US Dow Jones (or the main US stock indexes) rise, USD falls?

Any idea?

ohā€¦ ok firstly we must remember that correlations are never100%

so in this instance, one example can be : positive sentimentsā€¦

some folks use their US Dollar to invest in US equities.

even more folks sell their US Dollar to invest in higher yield instruments overseas !

Therefore US Dollar may fall in value due to ā€œover supplyā€