The problem is GOD yes or no?

I believe in a higher power, you know? People might give it different names, but honestly, I couldn’t care less about what they call it.

1 Like

Most religious conflicts come from human creation rather than religion itself

people have use religion to create atrocities around the world

I don’t know about all religions, but I find it hard to believe that a religion teaches people to kill people in the name of religion.

This is not the fault of religion. This is the fault of people using religion as an excuse. Without religion, it’s just plain old murder. But claim god’s will and now it’s a righteous crusade.

1 Like

Just like this guy.

1 Like

@dushimes is trying to apply the same reasoning as well, even though some of these conflicts wouldn’t be happening if religion didn’t exist… strange but true…

It’s a bit like saying… It wasn’t COVID that killed hundreds of thousands over the last 3 years… Just a nasty Flu… Diagnosis, symptoms and outcome were exactly the same…

If it didn’t exist… It couldn’t be used as an excuse to butcher and maim millions across the last 2000 years…

Exactly my point…

2 Likes

There are always sick minded people who blame something or someone for killing people, they can blame race, religion or any excuse, why did Hitler kill the Jews?

1 Like

Antisemitism: an age-old phenomenon

Hitler did not invent the hatred of Jews. Jews in Europe had been victims of discrimination and persecution since the Middle Ages, often for religious reasons. Christians saw the Jewish faith as an aberration that had to be quashed. Jews were sometimes forced to convert or they were not allowed to practise certain professions.

In the nineteenth century, religion played a less important role. It was replaced by theories about the differences between races and peoples. The idea that Jews belonged to a different people than the Germans, for instance, caught on. Even Jews who had converted to Christianity were still ‘different’ because of their bloodline…

Ohhh, look… religious reasons!!

1 Like

Yes this is true but not all atrocities around the world came from religion, again people have use religion to create atrocities around the world, Most religious conflicts come from human creation rather than religion itself

1 Like

did such behavior come from man creation or from religion itself as in religious teaching

1 Like

@SmallPaul I’ve never stated that all atrocities came from religion… Just the ones that did… I wasn’t going to mention Hitler… You did! You’re repeating yourself over and over…

You post questions and I answer them in detail…

I guess we are disagreeing, respectfully that is

1 Like

We do… Just look back over the last 100 years…

We have Christians (Nazism) hating Judaism. And we have the Islamists (Jihad) hating the Christians… And the Atheists…

I’m not making this stuff up…

1 Like

I know this, there is nothing i can say about that without repeating what I said above

1 Like

I think the problem is that religion has progressed since the original concept and invention. Please be aware that this is my own opinion, and may not be correct. I have no issue with religion or the people who follow them.

From what I can tell, originally religions/gods where followed/worshipped by indigenous peoples that had no concept of science. So the strange things that we still see today could be easily mistaken for miracles/gods etc. Things like when it rains, the stars moving location in the sky etc etc.

Next, this concept was moved forward when people like the Egyptian pharaohs would create different gods to control the people. If one god wasn’t working out they would just create a new one.
This concept has now evolved into where we are now with religion. However, we now find ourselves in a sad place where we use religions as a way to persecute people and create reasons for conflict. When in my mind, religion should be used to bring people together and create peace. It’s almost like we’ve got it all wrong.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’d fit in well at the church of scienceology.

1 Like

In historical terms, there’s a good argument that religious beliefs have allowed the development of human society through stimulating systematic agriculture and the organisation of communities. Mostly those communities when encountering other communities with their own religious beliefs have reacted on a tolerant level, with the common aims of trade and exchange. the process continues.

I have no religious beliefs but we have all benefitted from the fact that other people around us do.

2 Likes

No one can find the answer becoz everything has never began and will never come to an End … no matter how hard you try you can never find the center of a ball and that tells us that sometimes nothing as a result is the answer you are looking for.

Excuse me if I make a mistake, so you say there’s no god or we shouldn’t seek god?

I did n’t want to bother you.
thank you for sharing your thoughts.
also I don’t judge.
only God can judge. LOL :laughing:

1 Like

So you believe in what?
what is that super power for you?