The problem is GOD yes or no?

Again, Okay, great, but what do non-believers believe in or what are their beliefs about where we came from and what happens after death?

Most of us believe in the scienceā€¦ Evolutionā€¦

We donā€™t really know what happens after we dieā€¦ And to be quite frankā€¦ Neither do you!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not what i ask, lets try this again

what do non-believers believe in or what are their beliefs about where we came from and what happens after death?

You do understand Evolutionā€¦ Surelyā€¦ That explains where we came from and we donā€™t know and donā€™t pretend to know where we go after we die!!

1 Like

Oh geez, let me try this another way

what are your personal beliefs about where we came from and what happens after death?

@SmallPaul Once againā€¦ You seem to be really struggling with reality, I have supplied an answer to your questionā€¦ Even though itā€™s not the answer you wantā€¦ Itā€™s all thereā€¦

Not all of us need to believe in something other than the physical worldā€¦ One we can touch and smell and see everyday without wishing, hoping, praying for moreā€¦

So you have no personal beliefs on where we come from. ok got it.

What is Evolutionā€¦?

Surely if a person can use the Bible to explain their beliefs, you can use Evolution to explain your Beliefs

what are your personal beliefs about where we came from and what happens after death?

Evolution is provableā€¦ The Bible is NOTā€¦

Millions of years of Fossils, Bones of thousands of Prehistoric animals, Neanderthal and Neolithic man has been uncovered and preserved over hundreds of yearsā€¦

On display in Museumā€™s and exhibitā€™s across the Globeā€¦

Opposed to say a possible blood stained Shroud of Turinā€¦

I have no problem with your beliefs, as i stated earlier i let people be themselves, you seem offended by those who believe in god.

The laws of biology, chemistry and physics.

1 Like

I believe that after death I will be dead. Like sleeping without dreams, and without waking up again. This is an annoying prospect but I canā€™t believe in a way round the problem.

3 Likes

And I quote myselfā€¦

Dā€™oh!

Bingo, but this thought process is incomprehensible to some

This was an attack on non-believers. These conversations all end the same.

2 Likes

The thread has awaken, Peopleā€™s beliefs should never affect other peopleā€™s lives, and you should defend your position if that happens. No problem there

I mentioned previously that science and religion diverged after what happened to Galileo.

Science and religion are not so different - the big bang theory for example is a theory supported 1st by Hubble in the 1920ā€™s and 40 years later with the discovery of cosmic microwave background radiation.

Much debate (and theories) remain on the state of the Universe pre that period - e.g. is it possible that something can emerge from nothing (science to date says no, but lately maybe).

Then recently the question was raised - ok if something can emerge from nothing and spread into the space that was the emerging Universe - what about that actual (empty) space - where did it come from?
So two somethings from nothing, 1st the empty space from nothing and then an early form of matter from nothing.

Scientists agree from the ā€˜evidenceā€™ that the Universe will return to the 1st state - empty space - but no understanding yet about what after that - does the empty space remain or not.

So it is with quantum physics - difficult to prove the theories - it takes huge expenditure in Cern, Switzerland to try and come to an understanding.

The writers of the earliest books of the Bible didnā€™t have Cern or itā€™s money but yet they seemed to have an understanding of Science and the Universeā€™s earliest beginnings.

The earth was without form and void - then there was light - big bang was exactly that an explosion of energy display as light - the 1st light that the Universe witnessed.

As for evolution - that theory is not anti religion - displays an intelligence of life enhancement, an intelligence that permeates all of nature, and all of the Universe.

Back to Genesis - God breathed life into Adam - the word ā€œspiritā€ or ā€œsoulā€ is derived from ā€œbreathā€ - Adam became a human with Spirit.

1 Like

What I found interesting when watching a number of scientists analysing Cern findings was their theory of ā€œdark energyā€ so named because of the difficulty is "seeing " this energy.

Seems that it is the dominant force in the Universe outweighing (literally) the energy produced by gravity.

The end result is that the Universe is expanding - to the extent that it will eventually no longer exist as matter.

A writer back almost 2000 years wrote that very theory again without the money and time spent on Cern - recorded in the New Testament (Matthew) - ā€œHeaven and Earth will pass awayā€

1 Like

EDIT.

The Scientists Beginning To Doubt The Theory Of Evolution

The modern debate surrounding the origin of life on Earth has. always been divisive. Historically, scientists have sided with the theory of evolution, whilst followers of the worldā€™s religions side with the theory of creationism. This documentary follows a meeting of some of the worlds top scientists and scholars who harbour doubts that evolution holds all of the answers.

The amount of knowledge I gained from this video is beyond words, This confirms my personal belief in a creator

Amazing Evidence For God ā€“ Scientific Evidence For God

Someone valiantly trying to encompass Evolution into Religionā€¦

You cannot make this stuff up!!

You either believe we evolved from single cell organismā€™s out of a primordial slime across billions of yearsā€¦ A theory that Charles Darwin all but confirmed on the very isolated Galapagos Islands a few hundred years agoā€¦

Or we all miraculously spawned from Adam and Eve in the Garden of Edenā€¦ And the murderous Cain and his unfortunate brother Ableā€¦ This probability goes against ALL known biological scienceā€¦

Let me start by sayingā€¦ Pick a Laneā€¦ You cannot have your bread and break it toā€¦

So we begin with 12 Disciplesā€¦10 Commandmentsā€¦ Seven days of creationā€¦ Three wise menā€¦ A holy trinity and a single wooden cross which a messiah perished on as the savior for mankindā€¦ And to chronical of all of thisā€¦ An unchanging collection of stories combined across a few hundred years describing all this as factā€¦ The Bibleā€¦

These are the facts and they are undisputed by a handful of religions, the world overā€¦ The other few thousand Religionā€™s have wildly different interpretations of a similar conceptā€¦

Stay with meā€¦

Now, I have stayed in enough Hotel rooms over my simple existence to have read the Bible (New Testament), pretty much cover to cover and to be frankā€¦ To the uninitiatedā€¦ Itā€™s like reading through Nostradamusā€™s quatrainā€™sā€¦ Dodging and weaving so the reader is left to interpret the messageā€¦ Horoscopicā€¦. Anyone, anyoneā€¦

Then we have scienceā€¦ Not a belief system as such, merely an understanding of the physical worldā€¦ Nature, Life, the Earth, the Moon, the Sun, the Stars, the Solar System, the Universeā€¦ Everything we can experienceā€¦ Smell, touch and seeā€¦

Science is forever evolving as mankind thinks more, learns more, understands moreā€¦ Itā€™s ever changing nature is what has driven mankind forward over thousands of yearsā€¦ Mostly for the better, definitely sometimes for the worseā€¦

Science has proven over and overā€¦ ā€œThe more we learn the less we knowā€¦ā€

Your referral to the Hubble Telescope and the Big Bang conceptā€¦ This once solid belief is being challenged by the latest James Webb Telescopeā€¦

Studies may prove that the Big Bang wasnā€™t the beginning and that science is once again evolving itā€™s knowledge and facts that progressive Evolutionary thinking allowsā€¦

A perfect example that displays why a fixed ideology, unchangeable religious beliefā€™s are a simplistic view of nature and physics, maybe even the supernatural as we currently understand themā€¦

You did see what I did there?.. :thinking:

1 Like