The problem is GOD yes or no?

@SmallPaul This is true… It shouldn’t matter what you believe in…

As long as it doesn’t effect others around you…

Defend your position…? What? There is nothing to defend…

It’s really, really simple… We have physical proof of Evolution…

When you can provide physical proof of a God… This debate will no longer exist…

1 Like

Of humans, earth, sun, moon and the universe?

Science rely on Scientific theories, maybe with some evidence, in other words their beliefs, witch is why i can keep my personal beliefs and not be offended by others

Why does Scientific theories continue to change over time?

Each new discovery is based on new data and ignores any previous investigations.

Living systems are constantly changing, so previous explanations may no longer apply.

Scientists try new ideas to keep their work interesting.

Scientists evaluate current assumptions and explanations as new
data and technology become available.

And on the 7th day God rested.

High in the forested mountains of North America a small community heard a story of a huge city that lay to the South, it was called “New York”

They decided to appoint a young man to go in search of this “New York” and take with him a carrier pigeon to send back when he would make his discovery.

The man walked far and long until he came out of the trees and saw a pathway. He followed the path and up ahead he could see something – his heart leapt with joy – he had found “New York”.

Quickly he scribbled his note – success, I’ve found it and off went the pigeon.

The man decided he need to take a detailed analysis of this “New York” so that he could answer all the communities’ questions when he returned.

He examined this “New York” closely, taking in every nuance, colour and shape and returned.

“What did it look like?” they asked eagerly – “from a distance it stood almost proud, large and alone. It had an elongated finger board – and when I got close I could see it clear – “New York”.

The bible is a signpost pointing towards God.

2 Likes

Suppose you believe in scientific theories of today, but after you die a new scientific discovery discredits the old scientific theories, but now you’re dead and gone, or maybe a new scientific discovery shows evidence of God.

The theories of science can change at any time, but God’s story about creating the world hasn’t changed

If god exists he will have made it impossible for science or any other human effort to prove his existence. Proof of his existence would of course render faith and human choice in this context irrelevant. Which kind of undermines the point of religion.

Though I suppose people who believe in god might argue that the creator of the world does not need to be worshipped in order to be real.

So I would immediately disbelieve any scientific evidence of god’s existence.

You are correct, maybe they claim to have evidence, but the next year a new discovery discredits it

In my experience, I have met many people who believe in god, but are not religious or worshippers of god. So, maybe a question can be asked, can people believe in god without worshipping or following him?

who knows because we all have that freedom of choice.

1 Like

Genesis, the first book of the Bible starts with

"in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. "

Genesis goes on to in order to tell us

Our Sun is born ( Let there be light)
Earth gets an atmosphere ( God called the vault sky)
Land and seas ( let the waters under the sky gather in one place and let dry ground appear)
First plant life ( Let the land produce vegetation)
Life began in the sea ( Let the water teem with living creatures)
Birds ( Let birds fly above the earth)
First land Animals ( Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds)
Man ( Let us make mankind in our image)

Now Moses is credited with writing Genes, how could someone from 3,000 years ago have such knowledge of the creation of the universe and earth? Even Einstien in his day rejected that the universe had a beginning, as he favored the " Steady State theory"

I see three possibilities

1. God ( with a capital G)
  2. We were left here by an alien race that we saw as gods ( small g)
  3. We are living in a simulation, and God ( capital G) is the programmer

Take your pick, as they will all require a lot of faith

My own faith rest in Jesus

1 Like

Genesis’ story has never changed, maybe the wording has changed, but the meaning remains the same.

1 Like

Evolution is true to some extent. Think of cell phones today compared to no cell phones 50+ years ago, or cars compared to no cars 100 + years ago.

However, even those items had a creator, humans

Neither cars nor cell phones created themselves, nor did the earth, sun, moon, universe or evolution.

Dennis, we obviously don’t see the same possibilities.

1 Like

Well, I already did that the other day so I didn’t think I would repeat it.

Ok, no problem, I guess we can agree to disagree on this issue.

For clarity, I’m saying you did post your point of view before Dennis post.

1 Like

I’ve often heard that God could never have created the universe in 7 days.

An author in the Bible wrote that for God one thousand years can be just a day.

Post big bang the universe was in chaos - some sort of order was badly needed if this new previously unheard of universe could survive.

Slowly, methodically that order came to be - stars were born emitting their energy, gravity formed and held the planets with their moons in place, the chaos of the big bang was no more - now even life could form on the planet earth,

Even though earth and it’s galaxy is travelling through space at 1,3 million mph the planet remains stable, revolving it’s sun yearly.

The order written about those many thousand of years back in Genesis prevails today - we have our work week, our school week and even our annual hols into the bargain.

And as a bonus some of us have been getting a day off on Sundays - the Intelligence that created the chaos could see into the distant future and know that order would be brought to sustain life.

1 Like

I strongly believe in the beliefs above but I have deleted some of my prior posts, I’m not here to be overbearing with my beliefs.

Of course, my personal beliefs don’t make me right or wrong, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, though I may disagree with them, I still respect them

When Jesus spoke of eating his body many of His followers said “this is intolerable language” and stopped following Him.
Jesus didn’t run after them in an attempt to change their opinions - He respected their decision to leave. - He gave His apostles the opportunity to disagree too, but Peter said “where would we go, You have the message of eternal life”.

Good call by Peter.

2 Likes

Diversity of thought is what opens the world to new possibilities

2 Likes

@SmallPaul - I’m happy we might disagree on the origins of human life. But I have very clearly posted my own belief on this 11 days ago.

1 Like

And you will be right as i stated in my post that i deleted, I will undelete my post so you can see :+1:

1 Like