The Rabbit Hole

2 Likes

Thatā€™s very interesting. Thanks for that! I never knew.

Idiocracy then in the masses, itā€™s here. If that is the case, it will only get worse.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Sadly I cnā€™t quote @Sureshot 's contribution and Iā€™ve gone some way to being ā€œFalstaffedā€ just at the moment - however, Iā€™ll come back on this one - Sometimes we tend to ā€œBlame the victimā€ when we should be ā€œLooking for the abuserā€ - This IMHO is one of those cases ! :wink:

Boris had the job of London Mayor before.

Thanks Sarge! Good to be back! And also nice to not have to be limited by a VPN!

2 Likes

Just a little context Jen. Judge Jeanine is a former judge, and solid as a rock character! Her monologue has more to do with her recent appearance on the show ā€œthe Viewā€ who got ambushed by communist thuggery by the likes of Whoopi and that d-b Navarro, who always resort to shouting and using false equivalencies to attack Trump supporters. She more than acquitted herself by remaining composed and not resorting to lowering her standards to Whoopiā€™s TDS. In the end, Whoopi made herself out to look like a bigger *ss than she already is. I am surprised people still watch that show as that is complete garbage! Kind of like Piers Morganā€™s show, the same template!

2 Likes

I actually like Elon Musk and I think he is a genius! My recent visits to HK and China has revealed to me that Tesla is very much a dominant car on the roads there. In China in particular, they are and have been building the infrastructure to accommodate EVā€™s as I seen a lot of recharging stations at almost every mall and places of business where recharging is easily available. In HK, Telsaā€™s are everywhere too, and probably 1 out of every 4 cars you see there is a Telsa. The new Model has a range of 670 miles on one charge so there has been progress made, in regards to the lacking the range you speak of.

I really liked Muskā€™s initiatives on the residential houses of the future, such as the "Solar City initiative. Great concept and I especially like the idea of people being able to have free energy that is regenerative and cost effective.

I watched this presentation a couple years ago and came away being very impressed. I donā€™t so much buy the Global warming argument that he put forth in the presentation, but I do like the idea of having free energy rather than enriching utility companies and being dependent on them for our House and transportation energy needs.

I guess the problem I have with Musk is his narrative and how he sells us this vision. Also his managed assets within the company have come into question recently as the article mentions his talent leaving the company. His recent news and other things like the driver-less cars technology, something every company right now is in a mad-dash to develop did him no favors when people were killed in a test drive and the car caught on fire. His stock dropped dramatically as a result.

Personally I am rooting for him to succeed for the very reason I am sick and tired of companies like BMW, and others, (even though they have very nice vehicles) winning and cashing in. I am in general more in favor of new companies with newer fresher ideas emerging to compete with the already entrenched companies of yesteryear! In the end, when more companies can grow, compete in the free market place, and give us more choices then everybody wins.

2 Likes

Just found this little gem! I love it!

2 Likes

:sunglasses:Iā€™ll just stick with the Ford GT, Shelby Mustang, Vette Z51 or Challenger Hellcat. Drink that gas and smoke them tires. Put them up against them EU hotrods any day! :+1:

For sure! Ford GT is one of my favorites and still is. The Ford GT40 transformed racing as we know it and love the story of LeMans and the fierce competition that developed between Ford and Ferrari as a result. There were a lot of smart guys that worked on those earlier concepts like Carrol Shelby, Ken Miles and Roy Lunn, as well as others such as, Wyer, McLaren, who made this a collaborative effort with American and British engineers an awesome experience. This is one of my favorite stories and why I love the Ford GT 40 as my favorite American car, that was helped with Brits too!

On the other, nothing lasts forever, such as Oil, and I believe in some capacity that Electric Vehicles will eventually take over, but who knows if that will be in either of our lifetimes. In the mean time, enjoy the gas guzzlers while its still affordable!

1 Like

That is a pretty sinister looking picture of May if I ever seen one! Yikes!

I very much like the idea of being self sufficient in terms of energy. However, a few problems here; we donā€™t get enough sun and it is not really cost effective. What it costs to install solar panels and considering the lifetime of those solar panels, it would be cheaper to simply use the usual utilities. They need to make renewables a lot more attractive.

1 Like

As far as the life use, and the cost of replacing a roof is about the same, (every 20 years) and the savings you would get from all the free energy pays for itself. I know in recent times the technology for solar panels has improved considerably and probably will continue to improve as technology for making solar panels improves as well in which would also would include functioning in inclement weather climates such as the UK. Anyway, I like where this approach is headed.

The analogy I got a picture of is someone breaking away in the Tour de France (yep, Iā€™m following that!) and they lead all the way doing all the work by themselvesā€¦ with about 10km to go the peloton start closing the gap. With 1km to go the breakaway leader gets engulfed by the pack. Obviously he is not the winner. BMW, Porsche, Merc, Audi, Jaguar are all waiting to pounce.

Every time I think of Tour De France I think of thisā€¦

Ok, round the Eboladrome! :joy:

1 Like

We donā€™t replace roofs every 20 years. Ours last a lot longer than that! Solar panels donā€™t pay for themselves here, that is my point. Weā€™re actually getting lots of sun at the moment. We havenā€™t had rain for over a month. 33 deg yesterday, going up to 38 in a couple of days. Weā€™re turning into a desert and we donā€™t have air con!

Hereā€™s one way to chillā€¦

1 Like