The Trader's Arms 2nd Floor

LOL! Actually the ravings of a lunatic qualifies you quite adequately to post your thoughts on this thread JL :smiley:

[B][U]Yunny[/U][/B] : So I take it that’s a little bit like the “origin of the move” concept you speak of sometimes in as much as it is a level which has not been tested yet? I’m not saying this was an origin of a move, just meaning that the concept of a “fresh level” is the same?

Currently eyeing a potential short on EURGBP from supply on weekly chart. You need to drill down to day or 4hr to see more clearly what was going on there. Price needs to push below 0.8560 (lower edge of level I have marked) to trigger entry. Cancelled if price goes above 0.8614.

Similar scenario on USDJPY. Watching. Waiting.

EDIT: then again, it’s NFP tomorrow, so the USDJPY will temporarily be filed in the dodgy folder.

Me too John. Just getting to grips with this stuff and learning-through-doing to work how how best I can harness its potential. Still not getting enough consistency to take through to my live account yet though.

What this thread’s all about I reckon.

You are right John, Big banks, macrofunds and sovereigns are really the only ones that can move price, that is why we need to pay attention to long body candles and consolidation zones… they give us hints where these institutions are conducting business. When price returns to those areas there are likely to be still some interest from the “big guys”

Yes is the concept of origin of the move… is a point in time and at price level where big players agree to move price… so we can guess that they do not want price to go to the other side too easy… at least in the short term…

LOL :18: The original version was obviously too technical a term mate !!

Looks like you were correct with the USD/CAD yunny.

Price moved down through my noted level and paused less than 15 pips short of the level you had marked.

4 Hour showing a hammer forming but I think I’ll wait for today to close before making any decisions on this one:

Too busy revising other “school work” right now to go into any major thoughts on the charts, but after a very quick look I’m interested in USD/Cad because it’s sitting right above zone discussed in earlier and USD/CHF seems to have formed a nice daily hammer according to my chart.

Talk soon gang

Took a long on the swissy at 9097. Stop 9070. No time for more details right now, talk soon.

Then…

Now…

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/yunny11/eurusd177_zpsf39029be.png

Could be?

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/yunny11/eurusd178_zps5cd637ba.png

I am not trading this setup… I am already in other trades :slight_smile:

Had you been looking to trade it though, what would have triggered your long entry?

When I see a nice consolidation area in a well defined trend then I split my position in three… my first entry is just ahead the support level, second entry at the origin of the move and the third entry if I get a rejection with a good PA I might add to the trade

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/yunny11/eurusd179_zpsccfa615c.png

This trade looks good now…

if i would have traded it, SL would be at BE by now.

I took a short USD/JPY two days ago. Yesterday stopped me out and then today…well, we all know what happened today. That’s just one of the disadvantages of trading a small account and therefore having to use a relatively small stop loss.

A decent size stop loss and I would still have been in the trade, well possibly have took profit by now. I still stand by my entry, just had a 25 pip stop and it got took out

Open an account with Oanda UK, then you can use a larger SL and gain confidence in your trading

Does Oanda offer a smaller account than micro?

you can trade nano lots

Do you have a set usual stop loss in number of pips, or is it a percentage or does it vary from trade set up to trade set up?

Yes HoG, Through their fxtrade web based platform you can buy even 1$ or 10$ or 100 $ or what number below the micro lots. 250 or 325? Anything.

I’ll look into it guys, cheers.

Stop loss can be in pips, % of price, % of balance, % of NAV or a fixed value in the currency of your account.