Trade Interceptor

Is there a link were I can see Tradeinterceptors partners and the minimum deposit to open an account.

We are making changes to the website so most of what you need to know could be found there. Also the same applies to the mobile TradeInterceptor where more broker application info and conditions will be outlined.
Anyway our contact for that is accounts department: accounts at tradeinterceptor dot com.

First, its not an internet connection problem as Iā€™m running MT4 as well and it does not stall. Nor is bandwidth a problem as Iā€™m running a T-1 line.

Second, Yes, it has only happened when I was in a trade. Whether you want to consider that coincidence or something else is irrelevant. How many people would trust a system that appears to only lose a connection while a trade is open? Once or twice over several months I might accept but this was several times in a few days.

Customer support is non existent. You require users to contact you by skype but no one is ever online in your skype account and you donā€™t answer offline messages or email.

Seems to me that if the only way to get any support is in a public forum then your company is more interested in its public appearance than in customer support.

I will go back to what I said before. Trade Interceptor is a GREAT idea and I want to love it. But it is still poorly implemented. It requires too many separate open windows to juggle efficiently and it eats up too much PC system resources. I have to run it alone on another separate PC. Iā€™m not running ā€œalienwareā€ but this sort of java script should run fine on XP with a 2G processor and 3.5G ram. But it does not.

But the biggest disappointment with Trade Interceptor is that after a year of promises it still only supports one US broker and not one that I will use. It has said MBTrading is coming but when? I was told by first quarter of 2012. It never came.

In review, I Hope to see this program run in a single window and get more US brokers on board. Then Iā€™ll give it another try and review.

This issue with the pivots still has not been fixed. No settings work. It always appears as a dotted line which looks exactly like the trendrisk target lines, thereby making it hard to tell what the line actually means.

Find my comments in bold green bellow:
[B]Almost all what you comment here has already been addressed by our CEO in March this year on page4 of this thread. This conversation becomes unproductive as we havenā€™t been on the same page since the start of all this.[/B]

First, its not an internet connection problem as Iā€™m running MT4 as well and it does not stall. Nor is bandwidth a problem as Iā€™m running a T-1 line.
[B]OK let me put it that way very clearly. You compare oranges and apples. MT4 has different connection technology compared to TradeInterceptor. Also the fact that you have T-1 highway does not mean it canā€™t stuck in the traffic jam of some router along the way to our server and also your ISP might not have the good connectivity to our servers as you expect from a T-1 line[/B]

Second, Yes, it has only happened when I was in a trade. Whether you want to consider that coincidence or something else is irrelevant. How many people would trust a system that appears to only lose a connection while a trade is open? Once or twice over several months I might accept but this was several times in a few days.
[B]You have not provided any log file that proves these claims. If you do we will look into the matters as we do for many custumers.[/B]

Customer support is non existent. You require users to contact you by skype but no one is ever online in your skype account and you donā€™t answer offline messages or email.
[B]We do not require to be contacted by skype. Again we work in European hours and not in US working hours. We answered thousand of email per month and we NEVER receive yours. We donā€™t have a single missed call or message in skype which was not followed up. The skype ID is tradeinterceptor-support.[/B]

Seems to me that if the only way to get any support is in a public forum then your company is more interested in its public appearance than in customer support.
[B]The only place we partecipate in a forum is this one , and again we are asking you to contact us via support citing this thread and we will take care.[/B]

I will go back to what I said before. Trade Interceptor is a GREAT idea and I want to love it. But it is still poorly implemented. It requires too many separate open windows to juggle efficiently and it eats up too much PC system resources. I have to run it alone on another separate PC. Iā€™m not running ā€œalienwareā€ but this sort of java script should run fine on XP with a 2G processor and 3.5G ram. But it does not.
[B]Thanks for the appraisal. TradeInterceptor desktop is a JAVA based ( not java script) software that runs well with 1G CPU or RAM.
Again we should see your particular case why you are experiencing problems.[/B]

But the biggest disappointment with Trade Interceptor is that after a year of promises it still only supports one US broker and not one that I will use. It has said MBTrading is coming but when? I was told by first quarter of 2012. It never came.
[B]Yes you are correct here : we are late. Hovever Mbt will be connected , and also the number of brokers live on the platform will be 15 for year end , with 3 to 5 us broker. Compare to the current 3.[/B]

In review, I Hope to see this program run in a single window and get more US brokers on board. Then Iā€™ll give it another try and review.
[B]We hope will be positive[/B]

Are you really reading what we reply to you?! Contact us if you want this solved as I need to verify and confirm the problem on your side is a bug. We could not reproduce what you say. Me personally I am enjoying my Daily, Weekly and Monthly pivot levels displayed as lines with different colors and thickness as I want them.

Darin
Customer support executive
TradeInterceptor

I have had the MutliBroker idea around 5 years ago. We even did something to test the watersā€¦how will traders take to this. On the surface it looks like a good idea. But once you start using it you find that it will not appeal to most traders - it is a small niche need. The first thing you notice is the that there is no intelligent way of juggling several accounts - most people will find it too complicated and tiresomeā€¦at one point all traders get to understand something (or they give up) --> keep things simple- not only in your trading style - but also in your trading technology. Having one account with one good broker is more valuable than managing several accounts via several brokers (could be an exception if you a pro managing several accounts for clients - but your days are numbered, regulation will kill most such managers - the ones it doest will use Bloomberg). I understand the appeal - many brokers, many prices, why not be able to choose at any moment whose price you want to execute on. Another thing is that the number of Brokers will be falling from now on leaving only a few good brokers - therefore reducing the need to compare conditions and prices - the retail fx market will centralise more and more reducing (or even eliminating) the appeal to use/monitor several brokersā€¦look at the more matured commodities and stocks market - thats the future of FX.
The best and most meaningfull advantge to such platform would be to act as an exchange! You open an account with the Platform and trade on ANY broker without the need to have an account with several seperate brokersā€¦however this is a monumental task that involves more politcs than anything else.

Therefore I dont think TradeInterseptor concept has a future. I think most people download the software out of curiosity and then abondon it. The few that stay behind have accounts with a few brokers thinking that this somehow gives them the edgeā€¦in the long term it doesnt and they will never make money.

If TradeSpot somehow manages to become the ā€œMT4ā€ of the mobile worldā€¦then maybe there is a future. BUt again, trading is a concept that will not easily lend itself to ā€œmobileā€. Its about making decision, moneyā€¦and for this you will always need a serious environment which mobile does not offer at the moment (but will probably offer in the future).

Anyway, since we came up with the MultiBroker idea we have watched the FX technology market to see if anyone tries to give it a shot. A few years ago we come across TradeInterceptor, I tried their desktop solution but they were far from what we had in mind. A few weeks ago I remembered about the MultiBroker idea and we analysed the sitution in more detail. Even downloaded the ipad version if trade interceptorā€¦played a few mins and abonded it. It is true that Ipad needs a new platform but it aint this one.

We will think about it a bit more, and if strategy allows, we will introduce something that takes long term trends in consideration.

Regards

I am having trouble with the tradeinterceptor platform. I finally got the platform to reload as a program, got the unable to launch program off. Now it simply will not connect to server - any ideas anybody. Would really appreciate help.

Hello

I can not reach the CS team through Skype, even though im trying to do so in central europe, working time (as in right now :slight_smile: ) can you tell me if there are any other options other than phoning to get a timely response?

thanks a lot

Edit: it only took a few minutes to get in touch through skype, and i have got all the help i needed in seconds, cheers guys.

Hi,
Here at support desk of TradeInterceptor we have no unanswered skype messages.
I will be waiting you on skype ā€œtradeinterceptor-supportā€ or over my e-mail. If I have not yet answered let me know your name so I prioritize and reply you shortly).

Best regards,
Darin
Customer support
TradeInterceptor

Darin, is there a specific way to turn on the tranparency setting in Windows.

Hi kate25,

In Trade Interceptor Desktop, goto Windows > Transparency and chose between Transparent, Semi-Transparent and Opaque.

rgds

It does not appear to work. Attempted a few different approaches to try and get them to work.

I think I can confirm that and will pass what I have found to the developing team.
Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Darin

Hello! Can you tell me, please what features do you like in this platform? I appreciate if you can give detailed examples. May be, it has some special tools which other platforms donā€™t have? What do you like the most in this software?

Hi huchonok, I post under Show me the money - under Daytraders - Trading the indicators - you can look there - the displaced time frames with the indicators are your biggest edge along with a couple other stock index charts

Hi,

I have just downloaded the application on my iPhone 4s. It looks superb and the functionality is great. I am struggling with how to install the bullish engulfing template. Any advice would be great. Iā€™m sure I am omitting something.

Hi,
What do you mean by ā€œinstall the bullish engulfing templateā€? Do you refer to the Pattern recognition indicator which includes ā€œBullish engulfingā€? Basically if you want to leave only bullish engulfing pattern and the rest you can turn off the setting ā€œvisibleā€ so you hide them from chart. Let me know if I was right to the point

Darin
Customer support

Hi Darin,

First of all, thanks very much for responding so fast to my query. You hit the nail on the head, it sounds like it is Pattern Recognition. Again, I have only seen a screenshot when I was downloading the app for my iphone. I have gone through the various options available to me on the application but for the life of me I cant see where Pattern Recognition is located. I have various options ranging from information icon, crosshairm multiple window, chart formats, magnet, Tool list and the tempate option. As I said, Iā€™ve been through them all, even the settings options but I cant see anything related to Pattern recognition. Again I must be overlooking something, so appreciate if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Oh, OK you actually seem didnā€™t find the indicators.
The icon of the ā€œIndicatorsā€ is between ā€œTemplatesā€ and ā€œLinkingā€ icons.
The pattern recognition is just among all the indicators which are ordered alphabetically.
Did you manage? Let me know.

BR,
Darin