USD CAD Support & Resistance lines

lol no actually you not a jinx , the pair was between 1.0724 and 1.0750 and i made a decision when it breaks 1.0750 point ill get off until it moves to the correct direction :smiley:
are you still in ? :rolleyes:

Iā€™m still in it. I prefer more longer term trades, so willing to hold on. Looking at the hourly chart, there is a downtrend which you could possibly use as a re-entry at 1.08. If that doesnā€™t hold, I think we could retrace to 1.0880.

yes, I think am gonna re-enter again @ 1.0860 with a SL @ 1.0940,
good luck all :wink:

They move along in harmony right nowā€¦LOL

The spike low to 73.40 in Crude during Asia this morning pushed the CAD briefly to 1.08.
Crude Oil is flapping itā€™s wings in a range since then and so does the CADā€¦LOL.

Iā€™m still in yesterdayā€™s USD/CAD and CAD/JPY trades. USD/CAD testing support at the moment

Me, too.

I piled on another SELL @1.0782 in the USDCAD pair this early morning.

Yep!

Crude Oil range has narrowed to 74.20 - 74.60.
The pressure is buildingā€¦:smiley:

Enough pressureā€¦LOL

LOLā€¦Crude Oil train just left the stationā€¦LOL

74.95 @present :smiley:

That what happened between 9:45 and 10:15 EST in Crude Oil, USDCAD & CADJPY pair is a classic example of Crude Oil volatility and corrolation.

Crude Oil volatility was between 74.95 - 73.38. Thatā€™s 157 pips in less than 30 minutes. It started at about 74.33.

Any position with a Stop Loss less than a 3.5x ATR reading got stopped out.

USDCAD and CADJPY went in the opposite direction about 3.5x their own ATR reading after Crude Oil hit 74.95.

Thatā€™s what corrolation does to both pairs.

I was hoping for a decoupling :smiley:

LOLā€¦didnā€™t work out this timeā€¦LOL

Maybe next time LOL

Iā€™m toastā€¦all my stops have been hit.

Just reading over yesterdaysā€™ news for the CAD, looks like the Bank of Canada is doing some jaw boning for a weaker CAD. From yesterday: ā€œOther things being equal, a persistently strong Canadian dollar would reduce real growth and delay the return of inflation to targetā€ by Timothy Lane of the Bank of Canada. Strong buck a problem: BoC

That and oilā€¦

Jason, thanks for the link.

Looks like the BoC preparing for QE in Canada and the CAD for that matter. If the BoC goes that QE route the CAD pairs will find new life of their own.

Geeā€¦who said trading had to be boring and repetitiveā€¦? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

USDCAD having itā€™s second go @1.09 area for the day.

Crude Oil is near that critical 72.40 area again.

LOL wonder how that will turn out LOL

Well, that was more like it just now.
The BoC didnā€™t jaw boning for a weaker CAD this time LOL

USDCAD pair and Crude Oil showed true correlation in that move just now LOL

1.0827 for the USDCAD pair and 72.69 for Crude Oil.

How does that saying goā€¦?

FOREX always gives you a second chance :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Geeā€¦USDCAD pair didnā€™t like it down there @1.0790. It went right up to that 1.09 area again.

Crude Oil price action must have spooked it. LOL

That 71.79 - 73.31 price range in Crude Oil was pretty heavy going for a friday.

Crude Oil is increasing itā€™s volatility visible in itā€™s expanded range. The range has increased to almost 300 pips in one session. I believe it will increase even more because Crude Oil is used as a hedge for the USD.
[B]
Crude Oil has taken itā€™s place as a monetary instrument.[/B]

The USDCAD pair is mirrowing the movements in Crude Oil. Sometimes the pair is leading and sometimes the pair is lagging.

Generally speaking the USDCAD pair correlation with Crude Oil is pretty much 1:1 in the past three days.

What is surprising are the USDCAD S&R levels.

A 72.40 Crude Oil price correlates to 1.0920 area in the USDCAD pair.
A 70.00 Crude Oil price correlates to the 1.0860 S&R area in the USDCAD pair.

Those USDCAD S&R areas are way to high in correlation to Crude Oil.

A 300 pips range in Crude Oil translates to about a 200 pips range in USDCAD pair @present.

The S&R areas are about 75 - 90 pips apart in the USDCAD pair depending where the cycle for the day starts.

Like 1.09ā€¦1.0985ā€¦1.1060 and back again 1.0870ā€¦1.0790.

Checking the charts for the first time since last Thursday, and wow did I pick the bottom in USD/CAD perfectly with my short position from last week :smiley: . Oil looks setup to test 66-65.

1.1080 - 1.11 looks like the next resistance for CAD to break for a push higher.

This part of the latest BoC Statement two days ago [B]will[/B] have an impact on S&R areas in the USDCADā€¦

[B]Persistent strength in the Canadian dollar remains a risk to growth[/B] and to the return of inflation to target. In its conduct of monetary policy at low interest rates, [B]the Bank retains considerable flexibility[/B], consistent with the framework outlined in the April MPR.
Bank of Canada maintains overnight rate ā€¦- 2009- Press Releases- Publications and Research- Bank of Canada

Thatā€™s BoC lingo for interventions.

It all depends now [B]what[/B] S&R area the BoC sees as ā€œa risk to growthā€. :smiley:

Makes my head hurt just thinking about that. 1.03, 1.00, 90.00ā€¦?