What are the simple things that make you happy?

Hahaha. :smiley: Really smells interesting. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not a big fan but I could understand how it could make people feel peace and happiness. :blush:

1 Like

fun fact (kinda)

The smell comes from a compound called Geosmin, which is produced by the Streptomyces genus of bacteria that is commonly found in soil. They also produce a lot of antibiotics people use to fight infection, so they’re also a pretty helpful bacteria to have around :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Huh, this is the first time I am hearing that. One should learn something new every day.
As for that particular smell, it reminds me of tea. Or some sort of a herbal brew. I can never decide whether I like it or not.

1 Like

Interesting

I’m not so sure if the simple things could make me happy unless all basic things for a good life was taken care of. It’s not easy to happy over a great cup of coffee unless you have a roof over your head, food in the fridge and a bed to sleep in every night. But since I have it all taken care of the mountainview from my window :wink:

1 Like

Whenever I see some one in need of help, I always try to get him out of that trouble. I love to help others as it gives me internal peace and real happiness. I belive smaller things matter a lot in our lives as these small things build a larger one.

A nice cup of tea. Dash of milk; no sugar.

@Fionnn
@goldberry

You may find this interesting.

1 Like

it actually is! :thinking:
nice share

1 Like

Milka chocolate bar. Alpine milk or the one with raisins. Not other chocolate can compete.

Well, perhaps Nutella or Kinder chocolate.

I change my answer to simply chocolates!

1 Like

I looooove chocolates too! :smiley: (Although I should probably start avoiding them cause diabetes runs in the family. :sweat:)

Moderation is the name of the game.

1 Like

True. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m just really bad at it! :sweat: Huhuhu.

Absolutely agree. I can also add Mars chocolate bar to this list. I really love it.

Did I forget to say Nutella?

1 Like

Lately cleaning the house has been making me happy. Well not so much the cleaning but the result I get after cleaning. :sweat_smile:

Hahaha! Yeah, it’s very tiring but it’s all worth it when you get to see the results. My problem is how to maintain the cleanliness when you have 3 kids. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I loooooove Nutella too! :smiley: Haha. It’s like heaven in a jar that I could finish on my own in one sitting. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like a challenge! :smiley: Hahaha. Tbh, I’ve never been good with cleaning the house. I was usually just tasked to cook meals and wash the dishes. But when it comes to sweeping and mopping the floor, and basically cleaning everything else, my sisters take over cause I’m just terrible at it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

In Marie Kondo’s show she explains that the way to do that is by involving the kids in the cleaning process. I just don’t know how kids would take that in real life because I have no kids yet. :joy: