What are you watching?

If I’m being honest, I can’t recall a time when a screen adaptation was better than the book. Maybe I’m mistaken.

Which one should I start first? Do I need to start in that order in particular?

Is this true for Foundation? Have you seen it?

It’s best to start with the first book, “Foundation” (1951). This is the beginning of the story.

Yes, I watched the series, the entire first season, and 6 episodes of the second season. Overall, it’s interesting. In any case, it’s better than Amazon’s version of “The Lord of the Rings” :smile:

Stephen King fans, have a watch of The Outsider, on HBO Max.

Lol I watched that too. But having never read the book, I liked it! :)))

Ok! Hopefully having seen the show won’t ruin the book for me!

Oh I didn’t know they turned this one into a show! I read the book!

2 Likes

Also, I think “The Stand” is not a bad TV series based on Stephen King, very close to the book.

1 Like

I started reading “The Lord of the Rings” when I was 9. At that time, it was an incredible book for me. The only thing I couldn’t manage to tackle was “The Silmarillion” - the history of how everything began.

2 Likes

OMG, I bought a special edition which was all three books put into one. I started it, but never finished. My life got turbulent after that. But I enjoyed it! I loved all the movies.

1 Like

Love this series. Been meaning to have a go at the novels. Now do I have the time…

1 Like

Secrets of the Blue Zone docuseries on Netflix. 4 parts. Follows and investigates people from different walks of life exhibiting “longevity”, living into their 90s and even past 100. Some locations around the world appear to have abnormal representation in those age ranges.

Very enlightening.

imagen
imagen

When the day comes, I’d be happy to pick this up again.

Idk I’ve been scarred by 11/22/63. My favorite Stephen King book but was soooo bad when they turned it into a Hulu TV show. :confused:

Have you seen The Hobbit? Or the LOTR show on Amazon?

Oh that’s great!

I saw the movies, then read the book. I enjoyed both. Perhaps it’s not fair to compare the Hobbit movies to LOTR movies.

No! Is it good? Actually, I’m watching a Nickelodeon throw back, My Brother and Me.
imagen

I liked it! But again, I haven’t read the books so maybe I’m not a good source for that lol.

Nickelodeon itself is a throw back lol. Sometimes I wonder if they’re still around! :joy:

1 Like

I recently watched Star Wars episodes I, II, and III.

Overall, they’re just ok. Each one had endings that redeemed the movie from being awful to ok. The featured A-list actors were the only things keeping the movies afloat until the ending.

The recent movies and series in the Star Wars universe have been of a MUCH higher caliber: episodes 7, 8, 9; Rogue One; Solo; Ahsoka, etc.

Episodes I, II, and III were 20 years ago. Maybe, I’m wrong, but I think it’s worth remaking these movies again.

Some people may disagree. Kind of a been there, done that kinda feeling. Just like the recent Spider Man movies. He featured in Captain America Civil War, then had Homecoming. That movie didn’t include his backstory because everyone’s seen it already.

I wish the Episodes I, II, and III could be done over, but perhaps it’s better to just move forward and focus on new stories.

Looks like Bible )

1 Like

I even have the RISK LOTR edition, like this

2 Likes