What are you watching?

After watching Foundation, I started watching “Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty”. To be honest, I’m not a big basketball fan, but its quite interesting

1 Like

Same here. I’m not a fan, but there are some aspects of the game that I like. It looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Billions is always a great idea!

Just finished watching ‘Sex Education’ on Netflix and ‘Secret Invasion’ on Disney Plus. I really need to jump back into ‘Yellowstone’ as I’ve only watched season 1 and 2. Also need to watch the new Start Wars Ashoka.

1 Like

I’ve watched quite a few basketball documentaries recently, I think my favourite on was about Shaq.

However, although I enjoy watching about these athletes and teams I have zero knowledge of how top play basketball or the rules etc! I did watch a game a couple of weeks ago to see if I could get into it, but I honestly had no idea what was going on. I would still like to learn though as it’s getting a little bigger over hear in the UK and some of the BBL (British Basketball League) games are now shown on TV.

1 Like

Whatd you think of the ending and Demerzel?

OMG! Do that immediately! haha There are seven episodes so far, I think. It’s really good. You can enjoy it without watching anything before it, of course. I did.

But, the backstory is quite long, which I didn’t realize.

Started watching it last night, first 4 episodes. It’s basically a ‘girl power’ version of Star Wars and I do get confused with adding more Jedi into the Star Wars universe. Obviously I know she was part of the Clone Wars cartoon so she isn’t a new. But I’m trying to work out the time line, but it appears to be in the timeline just after the 6th movie episode when the empire has been beaten, but at that point there is only supposed to be one Jedi left which is Luke Skywalker. So how is their suddenly another Jedi that is known to everyone. Kind of ruins the whole flow of the story line for me.

1 Like

I hear you, and I thought the same thing when I first saw the trailer. But, I start to forget about all that once the action starts.

BTW, please post your thoughts after watching episode 5. It’s quite interesting.

He’s the last of the formal/classicaly trained Jedi, it seems. There’s no more jedi temple.

There will always be people with high levels of midi-chlorians, but there is no more jedi order to train them.

Luke was trained by Yoda. Yoda was the last member of the Jedi Order. Ahsoka techinically quit, so she is, but isn’t a jedi. But there’s no better word for them.

After order 66, there’s just scattered jedis across the galaxy. So, if you’re born with a strong connection to the force, your chances of finding a master to teach you are slim to none, I suppose. There’s no longer any formal way to connect masters and padawans.

She refers to herself as a Jedi, and so does everyone else. I understand the need to expand the franchise, but I don’t like that they’re ‘pretending’ some of the original story line no longer exists.

I literally just sat down and watched ep5 during my lunch. It was very strange, felt almost like a episode shoed in to make the series one episode longer. What happened in the dream sequence with Anikin didn’t appear to have any purpose. Maybe the purpose will reveal itself in a later episode.

1 Like

I loved that!! The flashes between Anakin and Darth Vader…Blew me away!! ¨You lack conviction!¨ Oh man!!

I think Ahsoka’s dealing with how she walked away from Anakin, and she also walked away from Sabine. She carries regret with her.

You could be right. But I try not to worry about stuff like that. If it’s cool and fun, I just enjoy it.

1 Like

I’m waiting for the continuation :slight_smile:
Demerzel - is a reflection on such questions as the moral, social, and ethical aspects of the development of robots and artificial intelligence and their impact on humanity.

Who has already watched the movie: Dumb Money?
What are your impressions?

1 Like

Reacher, Season 2. Also watched the Beckham documentary many weeks ago. Eye opening.

1 Like

Recently watched Leave the World Behind. Couldn’t believe that it’s almost a 2.5 hour movie. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Love Jack Reacher!

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it yet, but I wanna see it. NO spoilers! haha

Just one question: did you like it?

Yes or no. That’s it! haha

No spoilers! Not bad :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just watched it. It’s pretty good. I won’t give any spoilers either. But I’ll just say that I forgot it took place during COVID.

I mean, I forgot what the world was like during that time. Everyone was wearing masks and freaking out if you didn’t wear one. It seems so annoying.

Overall, I liked the movie. It was a bit woke, which was a turnoff, but whatever. It was a cool flick.

Now what’s happening in the world makes COVID seem like a walk in the park (

1 Like