Will we soon be in a recession?

still more pain ahead. the stock markets keeps getting hammered. and the sell-off is still going strong

Letā€™s wipe humanity out :earth_africa: out and start again

Only joking

I think it is for sure. It has all the markers of a recession not to mention the economical model is cyclical so it has to crash to continue the trend

Okay, Thanos. :joy:

1 Like

Itā€™s almost inevitable. In the UK weā€™re at 10% inflation. Energy bills are almost double what they were a few months ago. How can spending possibly keep up when wages are growing slower than prices? BoE canā€™t do a lot because the inflation isnā€™t driven by buying power, itā€™s driven by a global price increase in oil and gas.

There doesnā€™t even seem to be a way out. Russia wonā€™t be traded with even if they pull out of their war. So the prices are here for a long time yet.

On the plus side, there will be buying opportunities.

The poor people will have to wear a woolly jumper and walked to work instead, get some fat off their bones

Iā€™m sure the millions of people living in poverty find that highly amusing

People in this country donā€™t.know what real poverty is ,sorry for been controversial ,Iā€™m not some sort of right wing nut either just been honest

1 Like

It was more of a jibe at the lower middle classes to be honest the BBC viewers brigade I meant poor sarcastically not literally

Geez that is crazy. How has this changed the way you live personally?

Personally not a lot. Iā€™ve always been somewhat frugal and a saver. It just means that my income is now very close to my expenditure rather than having money go into savings each month.

For people who arenā€™t paid as well, itā€™s difficult. But this is a global problem, not just UK.

We definitely are heading that way but worse is a no growth and rising inflation which will lead to stagflation then weā€™re fooked :neutral_face:

I think we are all the signals are there. They have appeared in 2008 and further back. I dont think the full ramifications of covid on the economy have been seen yet either

1 Like

Yup and I think about everyone else who arenā€™t financially prepared for something like thisā€¦

Lovely.

So truly things can just only get worse from hereā€¦

1 Like

No question about it, we are in a recession, If Walmart follows Target we are in deep crap

1a

Yeah this was insane. When will they make it official. Even Cardi B is asking lol.

Remember when in 2020 when the market sold off in response to covid, the media immediately called it a recession, so why are they so slow to call out what we all can see, simple ā€œPoliticsā€

1 Like

Maybe the slower they call it out the slower it happens lol

1 Like

or the longer we stay in it, this time seems so different than past recessions,

but we will come out of it, we always have, I am sure someone in ancient Rome once said that

2 Likes

Agreed. Some better off some worse off.

1 Like