World Politics, Good Or Bad

Haaa, sounds like anyone who believes in this Magical Thinking… In unseen ethereal Deities (Gods) falls right into this conspiracy theology.

Maybe we should censor or cancel the word of God(s) and subsequent teachings since their existence cannot be proven by any science…

Remembering… “We should always Follow the Science…”

Texas 10 commandment In schools fails.

Bill requiring Ten Commandments in Texas classrooms fails in House after missing crucial deadline

Senate Bill 1515 was one of several legislative attempts by conservative Christians to center public life around their religious views.

The bill would have required public school classrooms to display copies of the Ten Commandments that are at least 16 inches wide and 20 inches tall, and “in a size and typeface that is legible to a person with average vision from anywhere in the classroom.”

Democrats in both chambers had fiercely opposed the idea, saying it would be an insult to non-Christian Texans and an attempt to erode the separation of church and state. The legislation was the latest in an ongoing push by conservative Christians to center public life around their religious views. This session, lawmakers have called church-state separation a “false doctrine” as they push legislation that has concerned non-Christian groups, including a bill to allow unlicensed religious chaplains to work in Texas schools. That legislation has been supported by figures that have also endorsed using school chaplains as a tool for evangelism.

The bill comes amid a broader normalization on the right of Christian nationalism, the belief that America’s founding was God-ordained and its institutions and laws should favor Christianity. Recent polling by the Public Religion Research Institute found more than half of Republicans adhere to or sympathize with claims that the U.S. should be a strictly Christian nation. Of those respondents, PRRI found, about half also supported having an authoritarian leader to maintain Christian dominance in society. Experts have also found strong correlations between Christian nationalist beliefs and opposition to immigration, racial justice and religious diversity.

<Bill requiring Ten Commandments in classrooms is dead | The Texas Tribune

Here is the big think - can something emerge from nothing.

Science says no - well maybe not, well possibly yes - the best science can say is that in the realm of quantum physics it is possible to create something from nothing.

The most learned physicists say that the Universe (pre-big bang) was in a state of “abyss” and then there was the Schwinger effect - long story but it begins with “empty space”.

Therein lies the conundrum - empty space is not nothing - it exists as empty space, an abyss, into which the Universe is created - so where did this space come from, was there light in it?

and darkness covered the abyss while the Spirit of God hovered over the waters.

God said, “Let there be light!” And there was light.

With a big bang :slight_smile:
Maybe religion and science are not so seperate.

1 Like

Finally, someone gets it :+1:

Not me, there was a scientist back over 2000 yrs who understood the Universe and it’s origin, He also understood it’s end.

“Heaven and earth will pass away”

Science agrees that indeed the Universe will return to it’s original state of “nothingness” - but what about pre-big bang - while the Spirit hovered?

“but my words will never pass away”

What are these words that will never pass away - they are the same that hovered in the abyss.

“your words are Spirit and they are life”

1 Like

@SmallPaul, @peterma Haa, you boys… Who try to prove their point by plagiarising scripture at me from an ancient book… Just won’t work…You can’t have your cake and eat it too… You believe in science when it suits your beliefs… Then flip the coin in an attempt to make science fit into your blind faith in ethereal beings…

As Gervais says in the video above, there is over 3000 variations of worshiped Gods… And you two are so arrogant in your blind faith to believe YOUR God is the only true deity.

See, many atheists like myself don’t believe in nothing… We just don’t believe in YOUR version of God… Religion to me is like Stockholm Syndrome… No matter what happens, no matter how bad… There is always a reason that your God let it happen…

This is the same absolute blind faith that global citizen’s put into their Governments and lined up on mass to be inoculated against a virus that instilled absolute horror and fear (fire and brimstone)…

We were suposably guided by the science… Now we are guided by the deafening sci-lence…

With tens of thousands of the multiply vaccinated around the world still dying from both the virus and mysterious circumstances at rates 9-12% above the average mean

In Australia, and no doubt in other parts of the world… More are now dying suddenly at home than died during the second world war…

Blind faith or gullibility as I would refer to it… Can be a very dangerous ideology to have…

No Jabs, No Tests, No Virus, No Fear, No Problems…

2 Likes

No one is trying to make you a believer in anything, but you use my post to essentially tell me that you are a non-believer.

Regardless of what you believe in, my original post started with conspiracy theories, and it was you who brought religion into the mix.

Congrats, you’ve unlocked the next level of stupid

@SmallPaul Just following your lead… of stupid…

Any subject can be intelligently and calmly debated… It’s just that religion is such an irrational, unprovable and emotional topic the more it is discussed…

Eventually… Religious intelligence and spiritual calmness both fly out the window…

1 Like

religion has always been a separate topic between believers and non-believers, it goes deeper than what you tried to illustrate

I don’t have all day, hurry up

Whatever…

Your lame attempt to paint all Conspiracy theorists as Schizotypal is just rubbish…

You where once a conspiracy theorist if you thought the world wasn’t the centre of the universe… the Earth was round… You’d fall of the edge if you sailed to far across the ocean… Iraq had no Weapons of mass destruction… COVID originated in a Wuhan Laboratory…

The Government and modern day media use conspiracy theorist to identify anyone and everyone that doesn’t agree with the published narrative… Unfortunately, many simpler thinking citizens now use the same label for people that don’t assign to their own world views…

There you go… We have the discussion back on topic…

1 Like

Dude, the words conspiracy theories go back 50 years, even if i give you100 years, religious debate goes back thousands of years between believers and non-believers

We just discovered conspiracy theories and now try to use them in accent timing. It’s like trying to use current cell phones in accent timing.

@SmallPaul What is wrong with you… Ancient timing… Not accent timing…

As I said… Simpler thinking…

1 Like

You are more passionate about making people unbelievers than we are about making you believer,:laughing:

Rubbish… We just had a different name 100’s of years ago… Heretics

1 Like

as i stated, do your thing and have fun doing it

Politics and Religion have always been the two biggest topics in the world. Religion deserves its own thread, and like political threads it can go on forever.

Galileo was a brilliant scientist - way ahead of his time.

He was the 1st to conclude that the universe did not revolve around the Earth - the religious authorities declared his synopsis as heretical and either recant or face getting burned - he recanted.

Faith and religion are not the same - faith comes from within me, religion is outside.

Is my faith blind? - good question, if it is blind then it cannot see yet I see my belief in God in action most days - not an imagined way of seeing but a real world, practical way.

I’m in business, 1st rule of thumb is make decisions based on reality - being a dreamer and business is not a great mix - my life is like that - keep it simple.

Once I witnessed a drunken brawl involving 3 men - as I watched there was no time to call the cops, it was acting out fast. I pr :)ayed “Spirit of the living God fall afresh on them” - within an instant they separated with the weakest left still on the ground puzzled as to what just happened.

Thought it funny that calling 911 (999) wld have taken a lot longer :slight_smile:

After some thought figured I’d share another story re faith vs religion - personal but relevant to the discussion.

Back 13 yrs diagnosis was lung cancer (not a smoker btw) - so heading into hospital to get the evil thing binned.
“God send me an Angel - not any old Angel, I want a healing Angel to be with me.”

Religion says don’t put God to the test - but I’m into practicalities and knew I needed help.

On arrival to hospital was told that this is a teaching hospital and wld i agree to a trainee nurse fresh out of uni being assigned to me - that same Angel c/w teeth braces whispered in my ear - Peter, had to get a stool so I could see, they got it all.

The evil was in the bin and God seemed to smile in the eyes of the of the little nurse.

God and religion are not the same.

1 Like

Agreed, and thanks for sharing your stories.

1 Like