Your Favorite US Broker?

Your funny dude. I’m talking in the future. Not to jump the ball here but I’m negotiating terms for a recording contract. I’m hoping to put 90% of my gains into the market. 5 million dollars will net me 870k a year in the market and that’s a lowball amount. In a few years when I have 10’s of millions in the currency exchange If I’m making over 500k a month you can see where they would get pissed

I said when not they did. It’s a matter of time if I’m always 100%

Regardless if you read my post I said why would they kick me out not the did kick me out. Lol. It will take a few years but profits grow exponentially. Every $2000 increase in my account balance ups each trade by 200 units in trade size

The same but not that skilled, in fact i was a rebel with no cause at school (never cheated though) and I like my results.

Banker do you trade on fundamentals more than technical? That’s what I’ve always assumed from you’re posts. Meaning to ask keep forgetting.

I win by capturing 10 pip fluctuations in the market. I only buy the euro, never sell. And I’m not worried about liquidy. even with 100k I will only have a maximum of 10k units per trade and then if the market goes down 200 pips I reduce my trade size 20%. So on and so forth. Currently i can have trades in from the current market price all the way down to 1.09 in the euro. All buys no sells. More money equals the further down I can cover the market.

How did you determine your buy levels? :smiley:

Even numbers. Every 10 pips I have a buy order. But I’m not always in the market, so just by having orders placed every 10 pips isnt going to be following the system precisely

So you do Buy&Hold, genius…

Finally someone agrees. At my current account balance I’m risking approximately 5$ per trade. So if you think about it, 5$ can go pretty low if I only have a few trades in at 5$ a trade. Image what 40$ in the market out of $2800 can do. Sure I’m only clearing $.20 per trade but I normally make on average 10 per day… Sometimes 30 a day. Very little risk, guaranteed return. What more can a trader complain about? Especially if at my peak (and I speak of 3 months following this system) I have 45$ out of $2800 invested in the market. Tell me where I am going wrong. Point it out so I can laugh at how stupid it sounds. What… Should I only risk $.50 of my account balance? LOL

I buy and hold indefinitely because I can afford to do so. If I can cover the euro/USD well below the historic low, tell me exactly where the risk lies? If the EUR/USD goes below parity, at that point what is the USD worth anyways? Nothing! So who cares if you have 200 million dollars or 20$? Either one isn’t going to buy you a loaf of bread. When economies collapse the only things necessary for survival are what contain value. A piece of paper means **** compared to food for a week.

Sorry, but Banks will laugh at you if you try to sell this system…, your secret system as far as I understand is a [B]Grid[/B], fixed steps and no stop losses… very old strategy… while with a good MM can be good, it does not take away the need of an edge… plus you have to consider something that usually retail traders don’t think about… TIME… time is money… how long are you hanging to losing positions?..

Believe me you need a real edge, otherwise you will become only a long term investor or a hedger…

The only reason you’ve done we’ll for 3 months is because the euro has been bullish. How do u think it’ll fare when something like 2008-2009 happens?

I won’t be in if 2009 happens. Yes it’s a grid. But a grid is only put into play If the market conditions are right. Dude, check your charts, the market hasn’t gone below 1.18 in the past 7 years. So me covering it down to 1.09 it’s beyond safe. Besides I make more money on down days calling it up than I do on up days.

Made the same amount of money even on a bearish day.

That’s it …you need a real edge, the grid is just a small part of the strat.

It is fine to trade a Grid or even a Martingale if you “really really” know what are you doing… but what ever strategy you have in place you need a stop loss… unless you are trading pennies in a million dollar account… :wink:

The grid covers the whole market, even though we are using it for only a set range.

What determines if you’re in or out?

I can’t answer your question. I can’t describe how he trades, some of it’s analysis but it’s always through orders at set price intervals.

Who is “he”?

That grid thing sounds interesting but I don’t know how credible this story is, given that we suddenly shifted from Oanda shutting down a successful account to Oanda possibly doing so in the future, when it starts raking millions.

I guess until one makes sh*loads of money he has nothing to be afraid of and Oanda will not shut down his account.

Also, perhaps I’m not reading this right, but what I see in the screenshots above is 18 dollar profit on 1,000 dollar account for the month of September. Is it only me?

Wow, I haven’t seen a thread this silly in some time. Grid trading without a stop loss. Sounds like a lovely idea… not, unless one enjoys the idea of maybe going into drawdown for ages and be locked in positions thereby causing you to lose other trading opportunities. If I were to do this, and I’d rather cut my arm off and slap myself with it, but if, I would at least find myself a good carry trade pair with ok spread to do it on, not the eurusd.

Wow, I just had to say it again. Wow.