30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Hi T Money and The Crew i have been following this thread for a couple days ( i started at page 1 ) and i am interested in this strategy i checked out all the baby pips school the FX360 and ordered the trade what you see book i have just tried to draw my first gartley could you guys take a look and tell me if i did it right or what im doing wrong cuz i would really like to learn this method

thanx for all the time and effort yall have been putting into this thread

That’s a pretty good first attempt. Certainly better than my first try! However, Your CD leg needs to be atleast a 100% retracement of the AB Leg. This means that after you discover C, you draw a fib from Point B to Point A. Next you take that fib and slide it up so the 0% hits the Wick of Your C leg. Once you do that, look for convergences from the 100% of AB up to 261%.

Here is a step by step I made for somebody in the chatroom.

Step 1-2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Also, Check out TmoneyBag’s youtube tutorial if you haven’t already. I had to watch it a few times before I finally figured it out.

I can’t post links yet… So go on youtube and type in “Identify Gartley 222 and Butterfly Patterns” It is by KingKaiTrunks.

Hope this helps!

thanx for the quick reply crumpet i watched tmoneys vid like 6 times it was hard to understatnd i did some googling and came up with that … i will re adjust my drawings

Draw a bearish butterfly on EUR/USD and see if your sell D is at 1.32656?

what time frame

30 min. TF

Potential setups…

Is this what you were seeing pipcompounder?

Also there might be one for the NZD/USD… Update: Hopefully the RNB interest rate cut didn’t just torpedo this trade…

There is some pretty solid resistance at .81225, .81075 and .8100 that lines up fairly well with those two fib convergences.

PS. Thanks for telling me how to get the cool apperance for marketscope Tmoney!

Hello everyone, i exited the AUD/USD for +142 pips.

Actually, i found this Gartley on the EUR/USD 15 mins:

Thanks TheMadCrumpet for pointing out that bullish gartley on NZD/USD. Didn’t even had the chart on my metatrader lol ^^ Went long on 78.6% retracement of XA. Hope for the best tho it’s still demo money :slight_smile:

Also thanks Heretic for the Gartley video’s on your site. Very clear explanation.

Here is my bullish Gartley on the NZD/USD chart 30M.

Happy to help!
I’ll post some other screencasts, so if you want, bookmark the site :wink:

Hey guys well im trying … i tried to draw the GART that pip compounder suggested but i guess i was just a little off … im tryn to figure out once i move my fib up from the BA leg and put it under the C Leg where do i Draw my D at cuz i Drew it to the 100% and it seemed to wick me in to the TEa came down and went back up to the 1.618 and wick that to the TEa so did i do it wrong or was that just a fluke

thanx

That was a valid pattern, and illustrates why you want a workable stop loss, usually just above the next fib, if that works for your money management.

Bellow are the video tutorials for drawing your Gartley and Butterfly Patterns:

Tutorial 1 of 2

Tutorial 2 of 2

thanx Tmoney i will watch these videos over and over untill i get it right … i can say even know i got stopped out i am happy to see the power of the gartleys it really helps me to work on my biggest problem which is patience … well im atthe office so i will watch you guys from the sidelines untill i get off
happy trading

Read all the thread, Tmoney posted his Trading system with his own rules, just skim through the thread.
Also, if you want to get better on how to identify & trade Harmonic patterns i suggest that you take a look at my thread with many useful links and a video.

Here it is

Thanx
Will do

Only got 2 pips for the EUR/USD trade… I suppose trailing stops are a bad idea. It’s a shame my entery order was .5 pips away! :28:

Before

After

Good Pattern

if the wick passes 100% but it closes above/below 100% is it still a gartley

Hello, its not a fluke… it simply means that the pattern you drew had multiple convergence levels. To find the correct convergence you will need additional support or resistance coming from other fib levels or support resistance zones. I’m currently not able to open a chart (I’m in a meeting and have taken a break), but I’m sure that if you where to draw a trend line from the swing low of A to the swing low of B you will see that it crosses or comes close to that 161% CD. In effect giving you the additional S/R you need to confirm the true D point.

:wink: GL and happy trading!