ICT Mentorship 2022 - Notes and Homework

Hi, does anybody feel like doing some discussion on video about charts?

yes that would be great

Old threads are around if you dig. Was a total ■■■■ show. Maybe deleted. Sock puppeting and building expectations that are never met. Some things never change around here. Dude ruined this site, that’s why I left.

Yea, I came across a few of them and it was horrible. A lot of mixed opinions too. Like the disappointment and feelings of being led around by ex-students and more moderate opinions, like, how they’d understand if he just took the L on those challenges but his ego would never allow it.

There’s also folks like Clint trying to preserve his content and most/all of his content being deleted cause of BP trademark in them. This is why I’m personally trying to keep an open mind cause if the content helps budding traders be good it should be alright. Not a fan of folks trying to recruit newbies into ICT like a cult though. Like the claims that ICT & SMC being the only way to succeed and profit.

Huge fan of what you’ve done. My reference to VSA was a direct reference to your thread. I haven’t read it in full but I’ve bookmarked it for later reading/studying :slight_smile:

Back in the day when ict was foc Clint listed all the abbreviations in one place to help learners who were continually asking what does OTE mean etc etc.

I would guess his intention was to help learners like all his post are.

I personally listed my own notes on various videos giving the theme and placement within the video - again to help with all the questions as to where and how.

That was back in the day - my own posting was amended when ict withdrew his videos from youtube and left BP in a huff.

It’s all old hash - I needed to learn TA after learning FA for about 30 years - as they say - you cannot have one without the other :).

There are lots other guys out there who are willing to give a bit of time - Tom Dante is one - worth a listen because he gives thinking to TA ( it’s an oldie).

Reading the Mind of The Markets - Trading Process by Kam Dhadwar and Trader Dante - YouTube

:

1 Like

Yea that was probably it. Thought I saw a post of Clint’s indexing the various ICT content but I could be wrong. Found this post by Clint that explains his POV, as of 2016 atleast.

I was also wrong about the BP content copyright. Looks like it was copyright claim by ICT instead:

Much thanks. Will give it a look. I don’t mind old stuff tbh. I’ve already made up my mind to go through more stuff by J Welles Wilder Jr. much later if possible, like this thread (still unread).

1 Like

Brilliant stuff this daily observation sheet and the flowchart against Dante’s plan. Haven’t watched it in full (Kam Dadwar’s portion) yet but I’m already wondering how I can adapt some of these ideas.

How we perceive the ego of others is often inflated in our minds so we can play the victim or hero. People are smarter than we realize and sometimes we project our own ego issue onto others. Always ask, what if im wrong here. Youre welcome

1 Like

You’re absolutely right. I hope to find you applying the same principles going forward. Remember, don’t jump to conclusion about other people. You’re welcome.

Hello all. Im new in ict way. I already look the 2022 vids and look for Answers about the fvg setup. I understand we have to buy old low and sell old high if the setup occur. But , i confuse about the choice. What make a old low or old high valid ? I mean does it need to be in the last session like london ? In the current session ? And how to détermine the bias ? Because if i buy old low and the flow is bearish i will kicked thats it ?
Ty for future responses

Why does it matter so much to you that others dissolve their ego before you do? How do you know what they feel inside. People like to play hide and seek. Always ask what are they hiding humility or arrogance. Many times if they display humility theyre hiding arrogance, if they display arrogance theyre hiding humility.

Trading forces you to be honest before granting access to consistency. Players in a zero sum game are often not how they seem. Taking the risk of being scammed will cut your learning curve in half. Not taking the risk and fearing the liars out there, figuring it out yourself is the longest path, i know because thats the path i chose. It was a mistake.

Good question. I hope you take the opportunity to reflect and answer this for yourself one day. You’re welcome.

Im already consistent but i took the long 10year path because i didnt trust those who were willing to help because they did not qualify in my mind, they seemed too egotistical to be genuine. It was a mistake, one that many traders make, you might be just like me, too proud to submit. Its gonna be ok just know you are on the longest path

Needed some clarification after watching Video 2 so I can start backtesting the concept (Only focusing on Short Setup at the moment).

Based on the video, I compiled the following notes

1. Check D1 and H4 and determine the overall MS.
  2. For Short Setup BSL is taken and Break in MS.
  3. Go to 15min or lower time frame and find imbalance
  4. Wait for FVG and enter position with SL.

Now my question is for this setup to work, does both SSL and BSL must be taken before the break of MS or does one has to be enough for this setup to work. It looks like in this example, the liquidity was engineered by taking the SSL first followed by BSL and that’s what I need clarification on. Is it that both SSL and BSL must be taken for this setup to be valid.

@ICTMentorship2022, I would really appreciate if you can clarify this.

2 Likes

Great post, thank you. I’m at the video 3 and I’ve had a HARD TIME understanding this.

I went back and used the Replay function. Why wouldn’t we take this trade?

Looks like a good opportunity at first but it’s not. Why is that? Obviously the good sell trade comes later, but I can not see a reason for which I would have ignored that FVG.

1 Like

It seems that no one posted on this thread for a while.

Can anyone guide me on how can I trade E Mini Futures on a demo account on MT4?

Best i can suggest is oanda - they have the SPX500 incl futures prices on MT4 demo - good for learning.

use price action ICT way to determine bias

Hello ty for the response. But which way u mean ? Like 9 ans 18 ema ? Or another ?

The fvg got filled as you saw, but the buy side liquidity was still open. -> equal highs = candlyland.
So it was better to wait for a stop hunt / stop raid and to look for a sell after.

1 Like