International gun laws

80% of the time, the United States government passes laws based on lobbying interests that benefit those groups, so let’s see how well our government performs without these groups dictating our laws.

Once again, these proposed laws won’t stop mass shootings because the guns used in these type of shootings are legally purchased by the shooter, unless there is a criterion by which they can spot a mass shooter

Biden renews push for greater restrictions on guns after Texas school shooting, but analysts say Senate still looks unlikely to deliver

Remember

Las Vegas shooter bought 33 guns in last 12 months

Stephen Paddock, the man whose Las Vegas shooting rampage killed 58 people and left more than 500 injured, bought 33 guns in the past year, a law enforcement official said Wednesday.

Some of Paddock’s gun purchases date back more than 20 years, but authorities have determined that more than 30 of the firearms were acquired in the past 12 months, the official said.

1 Like

What’s not talked about as much is the constant shootings in a daily basis .
The mass shootings are horrific.
On a daily basis the numbers killed or shot in seperate incidents are like a mass shooting a day

2 Likes

facts :+1 :A terrorist act is considered one thing, while ordinary gun crimes are considered another, that would be the diffrence

1 Like

I get where you’re coming from. Us govt doesn’t have a great track record of managing big systems.

But if not the govt, then who? Regular people changing? Not going to happen. Gun industry? Not going to happen. too much money involved. Mental health industry? → See healthcare industry. Healthcare and insurance companies? Not going to happen. Too much money involved. Mental health resources you say?
Well, maybe, if you can afford health insurance. Otherwise, too expensive. You need somebody not involved in the cost benefit analysis BS of making decision that affect regular people.

I’m sorry, but I feel like somebody with a single gun or rifle is more likely to kill more people than a person with a knife will get the chance to. We don’t have mass stabbings every other week. Why? Because they’re slow and can’t do the maximum damage that a $300 rifle can do.

Get guns off the street? Buy backs? This isn’t meant to attract criminals. But it guns out of homes where they could be used or stolen or misfired.

Yea, I agree with this for sure.

Yea, it’s crazy the amount of gun crime there is in the US.

1 Like

They need to be fired if this is true

Armed Law Enforcement Was on the Scene in Uvalde. They Just Didn’t Do Anything

The Associated Press reported on Wednesday that onlookers urged police to go into the school and stop the massacre, to no avail. “Go in there! Go in there!” women shouted, according to one witness. Javier Cazares, whose daughter Jacklyn was killed, said police were congregated outside the building when he arrived, prompting him to suggest other bystanders rush to try to stop the carnage themselves. “Let’s just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to,” he said. “More could have been done.”

I don’t think there’s a practical way of identifying all of the potential perpetrators of mass killings.

But focusing on the weapon is so obviously not going to work, there are too many alternatives - bombs, arson, unlawful firearms, trucks, aircraft, knives, machetes etc.: even mass poisonings occur in the absence of more dramatic weapon choices.

To be honest, the US is one of the few countries I would ever consider emigrating to (from the UK) and I’d feel a lot happier if I could get hold of a gun as soon as I got there.

2 Likes

Yea this guy… not sure you can do anything about his gun purchases other than make a requirement that law enforcement check in with him on a regular basis. Check his mental state I guess. Make sure he has his guns. Flag this guy. If anything, he could become a headache for police if they ever had issues with him.

2 Likes

Bu tommor, outside of guns, I don’t think these are used in any large % of crimes that get people killed . It’s the guns.

I get the appeal. Lots of reasons to want one for sure. I have one. But I’d give it up in a heart beat if I had to.

2 Likes

All these methods are much more common across the UK, Europe and other countries where guns are difficult to obtain.

As a simple single example, remember the Nice lorry attack in 2016 - 83 dead, 458 injured. The worst ever US school shooting seems to have seen 33 dead and 17 injured.

Stopping school shootings by eliminating all guns from the US will stop school shootings in the US, it won’t stop mass killings. Even if by some divine miracle it could be done.

1 Like

To clarify, 90% of people around the world prefer not to own a gun, the moment you feel the need for one you are either in a high-crime area or in a dangerous country, people don’t generally like to own lethal weapons.

Ted Cruz Storms Out on British Interviewer When Asked Why School Shootings Only Happen in America

1 Like

Nothing really needs to be added here. The UK had one school massacre, banned automatic weapons, lo and behold, no more massacres. Same thing with Australia. But one has to have the political will and the empathy to care more about kids’ lives than the money from the gun lobby.

2 Likes

There’s the problem, America is for sale to the highest bidder

This video shows how stakeholder groups manage policymaking and regulation with today’s US government., T

They are their own government and decide what the U.S. government does or does not do, ,you will be amazed at how deep it really is

I’ve ALREADY told you some of that

International gun laws - #14 by Falstaff

However - 20 posts of gun- banning pseudo arguments in the last day - when the real causes are so obvious
(Possibly meme African Parable)

"A child who is not embraced by the village will burn the village down to feel the warmth "

Watch this to learn the truth about Texas from someone who CAN actually be bothered to do the research and has Critical thinking

"It's the Culture, Not the Guns - YouTube

But why would all you waste 20 minutes of your time learning the truth when you can all just spout garbage about “Britain’s gun Laws” “Australian Gun Laws” etc

Here’s another guy thoroughly P**sed off by the same issue !

But for him you’d have to intest 40 minutes and again - do a little thinking !

"Why do we only care about men when it's too late? - YouTube

With Cars, Machetes et al as we know Tom

75% of Mass Shootings in USA are by Black men - However at the moment we are tlking about School shootings by young boys here - so you can try these indicators

• No biological Father at home
  • Single mother (in this case apparently a Junkie - so she probably didn’t know WHO thr father was either ! - the child was brought up by Grand Mother)
  • Bullied at school
  • socially insecure or shy
  • been told all his life that “Masculinity is toxic”
  • Still a juvenile - a mere boy

"A child who is not embraced by the village will burn the village down to feel the warmth "

[Edit - this is not meant as a dig at you Tom - just that I happened to use a cpouple of your points as lead - in’s - :sunglasses: ]

3 Likes

You’re wrong there ML - what you should have said said i “You have to care more about the few kids mudered by boys than the millions Murdered by Women annually” !

"Democrats Legalise Full Term Abortions - YouTube

Stop being such a Mysandrist !

Why do you choose to prioritise the children you refer to over those murdered annually by Women - on a whim ?

1 Like

Very sad to hear this

Texas police admit to failed shooting response, say kids in room with gunman called 911

Texas’s top public safety official said officers on the scene failed to follow protocol at the Uvalde elementary school shooting, with officers standing in the hallway as children in the classroom called 911 as their classmates were killed.

1 Like

Yes the Cowards hovered about outside for over an hour - until real men arrived from “border Control” and ONE of them had the balls to sort it out !

Good times make weak men !

Best of luck with your Feminised Society ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Weak men are produced by other weak men who look for the government and society to raise their children, instead of challenging themselves to make their boys strong men

Strong men handle the task at hand; weak men blame and point fingers.

It doesn’t matter - Every civilisation Ends with weak men !

3 Likes