Live Trading Wyckoff with Supply/Demand --- A PAT[advanced price action trading] Method

I have decided to open another thread specific to the Wyckoff topic since the one about price action is focused on a much broader topic although I will keep posting there as well — even with the lack of life there. Personally I have had great success in this method with market beating results in my stock portfolio started in '08. My current forex, futures and crypto trading portfolio stands at 6.54 profit factor and a 2.81 Sharpe ratio which is quite a modest positive expectancy model.

I have taught a good number of groups and individuals on this and I thought it would be of great benefit to this community if I was sharing live examples as I take them. This is so traders looking for a working realistic method can research more on the topic while seeing varying examples — as a result learn how to apply this concept in real markets independently. Enough about me, the method!

I noticed there’s another thread on the topic here if you prefer the volume based method; Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader by @Petefader who has done a great job educating the community on a working formula. This is a great starting point. For the most part, I’ve identified the issue with traders’ sometimes lack of ability to read and interpret volume spread analysis (VSA) along with price. With the [forex] market being extremely hard to find reliable volume data on, it seemed like a better approach to use price action along with supply and demand to increase odds without the “predictive” mentality.

Basically, I’ll be sharing here as time goes. If I can’t sustain two threads, whichever one benefits the community the most will likely consume my attention and inevitably stay alive longer. Posters are allowed as long as it’s within the supply/demand concept with the aim to optimize abilities to find precise entries with Wyckoff.

Note
! Disclaimer; I’m a swing trader softly leaning towards position trading. This means most trades I take span out from a few days to a year(s) depending on profit targets. When I open trades, for clear psychological detachment, I employ a management system that allows me to close certain profits at minimum 1:4 of the overall trade then let the rest run free.

With that being said, this means I don’t share daily setups and trades as opposed to the avid day trader. But over time, the message is conveyed to the keen student of the market.

Let’s keep it interesting, civil and honest

My recent post was on entries taken on EURCHF, AUDCHF & CADJPY found in the thread
A P.A.T - Advance Price Action Trading, I’ll share screens on open positions below just for an idea. Enjoy!

1 Like

Currently Open Trades I’ll share here for full disclosure and just to show you how the method works for me. Trust me, these are ONLY the winning positions. Generally losses are kept and cut short, but don’t worry, this won’t be a hindsight cesspool — I’ll share reasons, analysis… including the losses as they occur. Thank you for the platform

I’ll start with Equities/stocks since I don’t share them or even trade them as often.

Nvidia

Danaher

Facebook

Apple

Intel

Blackberry

Vivopower

Palantir

Rolls Royce

I’ll move to share other markets below

1 Like

CryptoCurrency

BTCUSD

ETHUSD

Here are my open forex market positions

GBPUSD

GBPJPY

CADJPY

GBPCHF

EURCHF

AUDCHF

1 Like

Commodities.

Gold

Glad to help and share with the community.

1 Like

I’ll also add another important note — my charts may seem too higher time period but entries are usually based on lower time period price action and risk parameters. So as much as I aim for the stars, this method accommodates traders of both high and low frequency and traders with small and big accounts (risk appetites)

1 Like

A few weeks ago I had been following EURUSD looking for an opportunity to get in on the potential change of the bear market. After a few stop losses and early entries, I still haven’t managed to get the typical low risk opportunity.

In the current price point

As seen on the weekly chart, price seems to have made basing action.

On Daily

price has already given a break of structure (@1.18135)

We are trading at a pivot lower high which already seems might push price lower to test the initial breaks.

For entries long, I’ll be watching the first BOS point at 1.17200 then the demand at 1.18000for another one in case price doesn’t test that deep.

Along with EURUSD, I’m watching NZDUSD.

Accumulation on Daily

As clearly visible in the above image, the pair has been accumulating, concluding with a strong spring @0.68100

Price proceeded to break and close above the trading range. Looking for potential tests around demand @0.69400 would be a good start.

On H4

we have two places to look for the test 0.69400 & 0.68900

I’m going to be following for development as the week starts

!Another one would look into selling from the current supply area should there be some opportunity to do so. That wouldn’t be advised against as well.

1 Like

Have you written any threads explaining this method in more detail as I’m not familiar?

1 Like