London's Funding Journey

Hey Guys,

I have spent most of this year attending various hospital appointments so I haven’t had a lot of time to post here or elsewhere on social media but I’ve still been trading of course.

As some of you will know, I have another thread chronicling the small account challenge that I tried earlier in the year. I did well, eventually cashing out double my initial deposit, but I didn’t manage to achieve my ultimate objective and flip the account to anything substantial.

I am not deterred. I’ll be starting my second small account challenge in January which I plan to also document in my small account challenge thread as well as on myfxbook and YouTube. I’ll be posting more about that over on London’s Small Account Challenge within the next few weeks so keep your eyes peeled.

During my first small account challenge and the early prop firm challenges I was embarking on, I was using multiple strategies across multiple pairs and sessions. It all got a bit confusing at times, confusion that was ultimately affecting my profitability. I knew I had to come up with a better approach.

Then a couple of months ago, I was in hospital being sedated with nitrous oxide, feeling really happy and high, as you do with lungs full of laughing gas, when something suddenly occurred to me - flipping accounts and passing funded challenges are essentially the same thing. Sure, you might be doing a $100K challenge but you are typically limited to a ten percent drawdown with a ten percent percent profit target. In other words, you are effectively trying to flip the account.

So, I spent several months developing and refining a new strategy that could work for both types of challenge albeit with different approaches to risk management perhaps. It was time well spent as you will soon see here and over in my other thread when I start my new small account challenge in January 2024.

I started backtesting and was shocked by the success of my newly refined strategy. It was immediately obvious to me that, if the statistics held up, not only would they help me achieve my small account challenge, they could also help me pass pretty much any prop firm challenge and eventually bring real wealth even.

I worked on refining and developing the strategy as much as I could then wrote an exhaustive eight page trading plan that covered everything from my actual trading strategy and approach to risk management to my long-term objectives and golden rules.

Anyways, sure enough, yesterday I finally passed my first funding challenge. It was the $60K High Stakes challenge with The 5ers. I am now officially a funded trader! I will be using the profit generated on this first account to fund further challenges and reach my goal of $1,000,000 in funding within the next twelve months. More to the point, I’m going to document the whole journey right here in this thread and answer any questions you might have to help you with your own challenges.

I’m not doing this to show off or impress anyone. I am terminally ill, I have no time for such vanities. Instead, I just want to inspire people and show what is really possible when you set your mind to something. If I can help a few people along the way, all the better.

So, until next time . . .

Stay positive, stay focused and keep at it!!!

Funding Target = $1,000,000
Current Funding = $60,000

$940,000 to go!

5 Likes

very good to hear from you again, Dan - and to see your news (was not, realistically, expecting better medical news, of course)

you sound in not-terrible spirits, in the circumstances(?)

well done with the initial funding, very best wishes for the rest, and of course looking forward to seeing more :grin:

1 Like

Hi @flamingoproxy

As always, thanks for the response. I think I have finally come to terms with my situation and that’s ironically been quite liberating.

I was well pleased to pass the funding challenge. I’m reasonably confident that I can make a regular four or five percent a month, so looking forward to spending that revenue on more challenges.

I’m currently working on a small $5K challenge with SFT but as soon as I get the first payout from this $60K account, I plan to start a $200K FTMO challenge.

I’ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My congratulations,Dan,and may you prosper for the hard work you’ve put in to succeed as a funded trader. The flip side is my second to none wishes for your liberation continuity for ever and a day despite being in and out of hospital.

Best regards.
Steve369

2 Likes

please do - many of us are watching with interest and good wishes

i hear you and follow the logic absolutely

my own son-in-law is an FTMO-funded trader and doing really well, and i have nothing against them at all, but i would still, respectfully, strongly recommend a company like TradeDay instead, for many, many reasons including transparency, security, legal/regulatory, and others

Great to hear from you Dan, and this is an amazing achievement.

1 Like

Thanks Pauley

14th November 2023

13:55 London

Wow!

Caught a nice move there on that sick GU candle . . .

I identified it as a potential move earlier this morning but it didn’t meet my A+ setup criteria. Hence, I only took the trade on my SFT $5K Skilled Challenge.

I’m a bit gutted that I didn’t take it in some of my other accounts but, as you can see from the certificate below, it finally smashed my Phase 1 profit target on the SFT challenge, which to be fair has been dragging on a bit.

Now, 6% on phase 2 and that will be another $5K of funding towards the target!!!

3 Likes

very well done - good to see! :sunglasses:

(my information on this subject is gradually getting to be out of date - i had not heard of SFT at all! :blush: )

1 Like

Hi @flamingoproxy

Thanks.

One of the co-owners is Riz from the Words of Rizdom podcast. Nonetheless, they have been in operation for less than twelve months so it’s probably wise to be cautious especially with everything going on in the prop industry at the moment.

I’m only doing one of their smaller challenges. I’ll fund a bigger one with the eventual payouts from this small account. Basically, I need to make about 10-12% once I’m funded with them for enough to be able to finance one of their $100K skilled challenges. From there it’s all gravy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Dan, I was hoping that things were not too bad for you health wise when I can across you other thread. But sorry to hear that is not the case. Wishing you the best and will be watching out for any further updates on your progress on both counts. Best regards

1 Like

“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” - Abraham Lincoln

Time for an update . . .

As you all know, I like to keep it real.

Not good news unfortunately . . .

I blew the $5,000 SFT challenge.

Even worse, I also blew my funded account without making a single withdrawal!

No excuses, I took a few losing trades and went on tilt. My plan then disintegrated and I was soon on a hiding to nothing.

That’s the bad news . . .

The good news is that I have now refined my strategy to such an extent that I am confident I can now pass any prop firm challenge in just a few weeks. Bold claims! How can I be so sure?

Well, as some of you will know, I have been teaching my wife to trade. In preparation for a writing project that I have been working on, I taught her the basic principles of putting together a winning strategy designed to beat any prop firm challenge.

Three months ago she didn’t even know how to add an indicator to her charts, much less use a position size calculator or actually place a market order. Yet just before Christmas she managed to pass not one but two challenges using a strategy that she developed herself based on the concepts I taught her. Not bad for someone who didn’t even know what trading was six months ago!

I would say that it is always good, of course, to skill up and improve your knowledge of the markets and various trading concepts but my theory is that, just as you don’t need to understand how electricity works to flip a light switch, you don’t need to understand the full mechanics of the market in order to develop a profitable trading strategy.

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. I have failed around a dozen challenges to get to this point. To be fair, they were mainly small challenges that I was only really undertaking for research purposes but, nonetheless, my wife now has the bragging rights in our house - she has only taken two challenges and passed both. In January, she is about to start a $200,000 FTMO challenge which I also fully expect her to pass. I will, of course, post her results here along with the verified certificate if she passes.

Having just lost my first funded account without making a single withdrawal it may seem like I’m going backwards and living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. In reality, I have been getting ready to achieve something quite remarkable, hence the quote at the top of this post. Trust me, the year ahead is going to be epic. So epic, in fact, that I have now doubled my prop funding target to $2,000,000.

In 2023 my refined strategy produced 118 trading opportunities with a 1:1 reward to risk and an average win rate of 74%.

The live results this year will probably not fare quite as well of course but, even so, that’s more than profitable enough to pass $2,000,000 of prop firm challenges and achieve my small account challenge. All I need to do is manage my risk and stay disciplined.

Putting my money where my mouth is, this is a broad outline of my plan for 2024:

Quarter One: Achieve maximum funding with FTMO ($400,000) & start my small account challenge

Quarter Two: Achieve my first five figure month

Quarter Three: Increase total funding to $2,000,000 across various prop firms

Quarter Four: Complete my small account challenge

It’s going to be an exciting year for me and my wife and I want to bring you all along for the journey so I’m going to be posting after each and every trade so you will have a blow-by-blow account of how this is unfolding. Let’s do this!

In the meantime, all the best to all of you for 2024 and beyond!

3 Likes

Well done all around, congratulations to Alessandra and your mentoring.
I hope you both have a great year!

1 Like

"Whatever you dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

So, I have bought my first $100K FTMO challenge for 2024. I will be looking to purchase another $300K of challenges with them by the middle of February in order to complete my objective of achieving maximum funding by the end of Q1.

I don’t think January is going to be an especially busy month for me trading-wise but, nonetheless, this is my first evaluation challenge of the year and, as you can read over on London’s Small Account Challenge I have also deposited a hundred bucks ready for my audacious attempt to flip $100 to a $1,000,000 in a year or less.

Let’s see what happens . . .

2 Likes

Happy New Year!!!

I’m always a bit dubious about trading immediately as soon as the market reopens in the new year. However, I spotted a nice little setup this morning and got the year, and my FTMO challenge, off to a fantastic start!

I also took the same trade on my small account challenge swelling my account by almost forty percent. You can check that out over on London’s Small Account Challenge or see the results for yourself over on myfxbook.

Going forward, since I’m copying all of the trades between my small account and my funded challenge accounts, I’ll only be updating my trades on the Small Account Challenge thread. I’ll reserve this thread for prop firm completion and payout certificates and my total funding tally.

Good luck to all of you for the year ahead!

3 Likes

Good luck to you also, Dan, I am watching both threads with much interest.

Congratulations to your wife and good and better health wishes for you both in 2024.

May I ask what made you choose Black Bull for this? Have you ever successfully withdrawn substantial profits from them before? I will mention openly that I know one person who took out a few hundred $ profit easily a few times but was never paid out again when he later tried to take out a few thousand profit, and I know also of one other person with a very similar story to tell, and I understand that although they claim to be regulated in New Zealand in fact the high leverage accounts are all with the Seychelles branch which is not really regulated at all, so they are actually misleading people about this. I am of course concerned for you that this may make it all a journey of high risk and low reward for you? :frowning_face:

3 Likes

OMG, you created a monster! haha

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Hi @maria_fp

Thanks for your well wishes.

I don’t support or endorse any particular broker. I only really chose Blackbull because of their claims to be regulated in New Zealand and the availability of high leverage which is necessary, of course, in order to achieve the kind of account growth I am looking for. Hence, your news is quite shocking to me. I have to say, I have made several successful withdrawals from Blackbull with no problem but they have all been relatively small, especially compared to the million I’m now going for!

Thanks for the heads up. I will now speak to Blackbull and try to get some assurances from them.

1 Like

@dushimes

Lol!

You’re not wrong!

She has almost superhuman levels of self-discipline. If and when she passes the $200K FTMO challenge, I am sure that I will never hear the end of it!

I hope I am wrong, of course, Dan (but surely your account cannot possibly be regulated in New Zealand if you have 500/1 leverage?!)

2 Likes