Political Opinion

The professional suer-in-chief won’t allow attendees to sue him if they get Covid at his Tulsa rally.

Maybe they shouldn’t worry about the lefties but more about themselves and the trendline?

https://coronavirus.health.ok.gov/

Not looking too hot.

1 Like

I do love that TDS from the Looney Lefties ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Screenshot_2020-06-11-19-02-34-1

I dO LoVE tHat tDs FRom tHE lOonIe lEFtiEs!

You notice that the TDS crowd totally ignored my post about BLM and the mass murders happening in Chicago and many other US cities. Sickening what is happening to my country and how some are perfectly fine with it

1 Like

Atlanta Ga.
on April 13th , a drunk man in a Wendy’s drive-thru is arrested by police, the drunk man resists arrest, takes the Officer’s phaser, and tries to use it against the police, out of camera we here 3 shoots fatally wounding the drunk man. The next day an angry crowd burns down the Wendy’s

The Police Officer has been charged with first-degree murder

Good police officers are quitting all over our country and I don’t blame them

3 Likes

I’m editing my full post… I have now seen the complete video of the incident from the Police arriving at the scene… They were in actual fact courteous towards the driver up until the point of the scuffle and attempt to take the Officer’s Taser.

I was completely wrong in my assessment of the initial incident.

Still cannot comprehend why they need to shoot him. They had his car, his higher registration, they just needed to go around to his residence over the next couple of days and serve him with resisting arrest and refusing to take a sobriety test… (both serious penalties in Australia)

@Markaria, feel free to remove the like on this post… I’d only seen what I thought was the complete footage which had started shortly prior to the scuffle and subsequent audio of the shooting…

I apologise to any and all offended by my deleted post. (Mods feel free to remove all references)

I think I will stick to trading strategy advice from here on… :blush: :blush:

3 Likes

Just as a point of clarification, he was administered a alcohol level test, was found drunk, so he was guilty of a felony-drunk(drink?) driving. Then he committed another felony, resisting arrest.
The rest can be argued about the outcome, but IF we start allowing “resisting arrest”, it’s over for the police.

3 Likes

I’ll bite.
Dennis,
I appreciate your contribution to the community in regards to your SW Analysis, but I am often disheartened by the tone you take in this particular forum.
Two things can be true at once–the murder rate in Chicago is high, and police are killing a large number of civilians. Humans are capable of holding both ideas in their brains. The difference is, police take an oath to serve and protect. I, as a regular person in a regular job, swore no oath the protect my neighbor. Meeting me on the street, no one should assume I will not harm them. Also, and perhaps the most defining difference is, I, as a regular person, will certainly be brought to justice with no union or pension or blue wall of protection. Regular people who commit murders go to jail. While it is preferable the murder rate in Chicago decrease, we can rest assured, once the killers are apprehended, they will go to jail. There are also programs in Chicago that attempt to keep people off of the streets and deter them from lives of crime. The work has been and will continue to be done on that level, but regardless, as I stated, justice will be served. There is no need to protest injustice there. Instead, vigils are held. A cop, however, is someone we should be able to look to for the protections they swore to uphold, and when their oath is not honored, it is a problem.
The protests have continued not simply because of the brutality of the murder of George Floyd, but because ordinary citizens expressing their constitutional right to protest have also been brutalized. Yes, the percentage of POCs killed by cops comparable to their percentage of the population feels high and so the protests are lead by BLM, but police brutality has shown it knows no color. Kids are teargassed, innocent passersby are hit with rubber bullets, and people are shot at by police in their homes. For far too long, cops have been protected by the blue wall and unions and qualified immunity–there is no justice and that is the root of the protests.
Murder is wrong. Full stop. Civilians go to jail for murder. So should police in instances ruled police brutality.

2 Likes

What are your statistics that support your statements that police are killing a huge number of civilians?

The Washington Post reports that in 2019 US police shot dead 1,004 persons. This is against an annual total (from the FBI) of maybe 12 million arrests. So even when an arrestable suspect is confronted by police, the probabilities of being shot dead by the police are minuscule.

There is a problem in the US of poor police training, management and behaviour. But the scale of the problem has to be measured before the correct remedies can be identified.

2 Likes

Here’s some statistics on the number of civilians killed by law enforcement officers (not just police, but other agencies as well)
Screenshot_2020-06-19-07-51-04-1

Are you saying this is acceptable?

What is the relevance of this?

1 Like

Simple question, your statement

seems to suggest that you find it acceptable for 1000+ civilians to be shot dead by the USA law enforcement authorities/police annually. I find that astonishing, so am asking you if this is so, do you consider this acceptable?

I would guess a lot of people who have had a few too many would resist arrest to one degree or another. And resisting arrest is so vague and open to individual interpretation that it is almost meaningless.

Its a non-question because no deaths by violence are acceptable. But answering this does not advance the debate on unlawful killings by US police.

My question to @QTNA was to discover how he came to the conclusion that “police are killing a large number of civilians.”.

2 Likes

(But even I was making an implicit assumption that the focus we are giving to US police killings is -
a) the most serious threat of unnecessary death to US society and
b) that it is the most serious threat of unnecessary death to the black community in the US.

Neither assumption is proven.)

Yes I do @Dennis3450 and it’s a huge question which has also been ignored by all the subsequent posts - other than to try to claim the question is meaningless and to criticise you for “the tone” of some of your posts. :rofl:

I suppose one f the answers is that "they can’t answer it " - but since they speak a diifferent language from us - they think that your opinions and facts are actively EVI and therefore conflate that with - “Therefore YOU are EVIL” - whereas their “Feelings” are all that matters. :rofl:

If you look attentively - they will ALMOST ALWAYS tell you exactly what they are up to - often by accusing you of exactly the same thing - A psychological trick called projection. (Often done somewhat unconsciously - but Always accusing YOU of exactly their own issues)

I cite the one who posted the picture of the sheep in in the post immediately prior to yours - in his TDS - lets look closer shall we ?
CArlosRay stats

See what I mean ?

Been here 4 years - actually read for only 8 hours in that time and only 30 minutes recently Yet he has 592 Posts ! That’s 74 per hour of reading over 4 years - impresssive if he was AI - but for a human ? either he is an individual of huge intellect or - well - Not ! :wink:

And he freely admits that he will not make the effort think about or respond to any form of questioning requiring thought in more than one diimension… Since he refers to “Trolls” one wonders if perhaps that is his intention in being here as we might infer from the “Projection” principle

(I’m thinking I might pop up a thread about Arithmetic mate - keep an eye open for it - you might find it interesting ! )

[Edit - I took that screenshot yesterday - that is why it says "posted 43 minutes ago]

1 Like

@Markaria, Please, see my removed/edited post above… my opinion piece other than the shoot to kill was very wrong…

No individual interpretation… you want to resist and fight with Police… Should be no surprise to have the full force of the legal system thrown at you… once sober… Shot and killed while unarmed… NO.

3 Likes

Mate - you went and checked your facts - saw you were in error and adjusted your attitude accordingly !

What better can any of us realistically ask than that ?

Stick with us mate - you opinions are valuable ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

So, it’s ok then?

2 Likes

Just a correction, if you can believe the evening news…Not two felonies, three. Apparently drunk driving is not a felony. But, “they” said, besides the resisting arrest, the other two felonies were striking a police officer and either taking or having a deadly weapon.

2 Likes