Political Opinion

Oh, that was a serious question? I thought you were joking. Everyone deserves the opportunity for education. Basic tenet of humanity as far as I see it. No matter who you are, you can learn, you will be better, and it will benefit everyone. Knowledge is power. Empower people.

If I’m misunderstanding your question somehow please explain.

Everyone does have the opportunity of an education already.

You want to push All of them towards a degree ? or am I misreading your statement;

When it is self evident that many will not have the intelligence to cope - unless you dumb the course down to such a level that it is completely worthless.

Is it “Kind” to deceive them into believing that they are more able than they actually are ?

Quote is wrong it should be

"The use of knowledge is power>"

1 Like

Oh no, I think you misunderstand what I meant. You should not force every kid down any path. What I want are programs available for any kid that wants it. Those programs should be extremely diverse, and can cover all manner of subjects. The key is to make it relevant. We should consider inviting corporations into the process. Let them help guide the curriculum towards what they anticipate future need to be. We could do so much better.

1 Like

Oh cmon… we’re in semantics land now. How many bajillions of times has that been said. It’s a quote in it’s own right, and if it isn’t, my GAF-o-meter is like 0 on that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No ?

You actually sound quite controlling - But that tends to go with the territory of the Left doesn’t it ? Else how can you think stealing my tax money for your own purposes is fine ?

And I repeat - many are not capable of doing a degree level course - unless you dumb it down to give them a false illusion. So If they “Wanted a degree” because “Dad says” - would you refuse them ? or dumb the course down ?

Not at all - it’s a highly relevant distinction ! I used to believe your version - until I saw the correct version and started to actually USE what I knew ! - without useage knwledge is a complete waste of time !

True. And I would change that slightly to:

"The application of critical thinking to acquired knowledge is power."

Which, is probably what you meant anyway, if I’ve read you correctly thus far. :slight_smile:

We all have access to the same knowledge (information) but how you interpret, corroborate and assimilate information matters more than merely acquiring it.

1 Like

Well you’re allowing yourself some pretty wide presumptive latitude. Since you brought it up, they can do whatever the hell they want. They are allowed to follow their hearts and pursue their own happiness. Were you paying attention earlier when I said I support alternative lifestyles that are not materialistic? My advice to them is the advice I got from my grandfather, “don’t be a jack of all trades and a master of none”. I tell them to find something they’re good at and passionate about and get good at it, all the better if it’s something not many people are good at, but it’s up to them at the end of the day. I was merely referring to a conversation we had specific to the value of college. Getting good at something valuable almost always involves education, and industry still widely values degrees, especially for a young person without a ton of experience. This is just fatherly advice, and I’m happy to give it.

May I ask why you are so critical? You are always ready to assume the worst of me, though I’ve tried to present my best. Is that because we disagree ideologically?

Disagree and I cite “Insider trading” as an example

That’s ok inasfar as it goes - but gives no power in teh case of “insider trading”

But add “Now use that nowledge to buy shares in the firm you know is about to be taken over” - And there you have the POWER !

Now whether you choose to use that knowledge or find it unethical to do so - or are frightened of legal consequences - is another matter :wink:

Okay, so if “Knowledge is Power” is not an actual quote, then I’m totally coining it, right here, right now on babypips.com: enickma coined the phrase “Knowledge is Power”

Woot! Cheers guys! This is a big deal! :slight_smile:

You’re referring to “information asymmetry”. Information asymmetry will exist in any field the deeper you delve into it. I was not referring to any specialized application but rather the availability of general information.

For example, information on the election. There is generally available information that we all have access to. There are also pockets of information asymmetry that a few people possess by being at a specific location and perhaps witnessing certain events that may not have been publicly revealed or by being on forensic teams to ferret out election fraud, etc. But the general public only has access to publicly available information. That is the information/knowlege that I was referring to.

Now you see - to me “Information asymmetry” (Love the phrase) is simply a part of “knowledge” - I set no boundaries on Knowledge !

For example if I offerred you odds of 6-4 that you could not cut a standard deck of cards 13 times - shuffling properly between cuts without cutting the exact same card twice - would you take the bet ? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Officials finally found a case of a dead person voting, accusing a Republican of pretending to be his dead mom to vote for Trump

Jacob Shamsian

Mon, December 21, 2020, 5:52 PM EST

• 70-year-old Bruce Bartman, of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, has been charged with voter fraud.

• He pretended to be his dead mom to vote for President Donald Trump in the 2020 election, and also registered his dead mother-in-law to vote, prosecutors say.

• Prosecutors said it was the only voter fraud case they found after hundreds of tips.

• Voter fraud is extremely rare in the United States, though Republicans have pretended it’s a major problem and sought to pass laws restricting voting.

If you want to make money trading may I suggest this thread, here it is about politics

2 Likes

Dennis I tried that same response. It didn’t go well… lol :smile:

2 Likes

I gave you my evidence ;

If it is ard for you to assimilate - so be it.

There is another principle ;
"When they start to get angry - you’re getting close to the truth :wink:

That’s not entirely true - I praised you for “not being one of the Crayon Crew” and also noted your fine inputs into the “EA” thread :sunglasses:

If you look above you will see that @QuadPip and I are having a bit of a “spar” - we’ve had a good deal n=more than that previously and yet we can “let it go” I’ve also crossed swords elsewhere with Dennis previously - by conflict we expand our knowledge through discussion / argument / fisticuffs -

50 yeasr ago a mate of mine Jonny E**** said "We’ve got a new lad at school and I had to fight him because I’m about half way - If he beat me he’d have to fight someone better and if I beat him - he’d have to fight somebody weaker - so we all know where we stand !

Now - You ask me a question - as you just did - I give you an answer as I am now

I ask YOU a question - I get Evasion, Deflection, Avoidance - Nothing to do with “Ideology” - although in Honesty - I couldn;t defend some of your statements either ! :wink:

Okay fair. I’m rather excited to have found some respectable conservatives that are willing to engage in something resembling logical debate. If you don’t afford me the same presumption of authenticity then it’s a waste. I’m not anyone’s straw man.

1 Like

Stop it with this. I don’t deploy such tactics, and if you think I have please point it out.

1 Like

Okay, here is my deal, I will concede I am better off under Biden if he expends Medicare to cover everyone over 60, and he ends Obamacare,

The change in medicare age would cover me, and the end of Obamacare would end the annual 10% increase in premiums my wife has been paying since this horrible programs has been forced upon us

I think it is a safe bet Biden will do neither

1 Like

Answer the questions - consider our points - we’ll do fine :sunglasses:

Deflect Avoid Evade - we won’t do so well!

I already have throughout !

1 Like