Political Opinion

They know what they’re doing ! - Love it !

1 Like

As a bunch of kids on Reddit beat Wall St. hedge funds at their own game, emperor pelosi and congress is coming to the aid of Wall St. again, I thought they were elected to represent the people, not Wall St. insiders

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 6.20.45 AM

1 Like

First the US Capital, now the pitchforks are coming for Wall St.

I love it!

1 Like

You might recognize this guy Michael Burry, from the movie The Big Short, his hedge fund made millions shorting the housing market. Well he just happens to have a huge long position in Game Stop prior to what is happening on Reddit, provided Burry did not liquidate his holdings early he could have made more money just on Game Stop this week than his 3-year short play on the housing market.

The Reddit story-lines are endless, maybe it needs its own thread

1 Like

Carl B thinks it’s the “Gamers” ie those young men who are staying at home and playing computer games because they are effectively excluded by all this “Woke” rubbish from participation in the real world.

There was a huge virtual “battle” a few years ago (called “Gamergate”) now when the “Woke” started attacking Computer Games as “Non-PC” and though the Gamers fought back - most of the “Games” got adapted and then they came for Star-Wars and Dr-Who !

So we think that these lads who by and large are really quite bright and whom I speculated may be looking to “Trade” as a way forward in this thread

I note that in another thread @Johnscott31 asked a “Newbie” if he was a “Gamer” - since he was looking tiowards “scalping” - and I have thought myself that trading shorter timescales may well be suited to “Gamers” - since we just bet on a dot moving up and down which may be similar in many ways to what they do !

I am really quite impressed - since they will largely represent the excluded demographics that they have seemingly found a real and solid way of “Protesting” - And in fact they are attacking metaphorically one of the real foundations of the “establishment”.

Whether they are “Trump voters” - I don’t know ! - I do know a few “Gamers” and they seem pretty split - although maybe there are more who Understand than those who don’t ?

Dunno - but I amm tempted to reflect on Douglas Murray’s statement -

"You can’t make war on men indefinitely without expecting some sort of a “Pushback”

And even “Coach Red-Pill”

Who said “Men are tired”

2 Likes

Please do come over - !

The shirtless ‘shaman’ who was part of the mob that stormed the US Capitol has offered to testify against disgraced lower Trump at his impeachment trail.
Jacob Chansley’s lawyer, Albert Watkins, has said the horn hat-wearing rioter felt ‘betrayed by the president’ and is therefore willing to testify during Trump’s trial in the senate.

The Trump haters will keep the former President on the front page for months to come, this is exactly what caused his popularity to ballon in 2016 on way to the republican party nomination and the Presidency

Your hate is what fuels Trump and his supporters,

so keep it coming and what comes of it is on you

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 1.59.48 PM

Another crash and burn day for the biden stock market,

from a technical standpoint, 30K has a lot of support but a daily close below 30K would bring Oct low of 26K into play, in normal times with a pro stockmarket administration I would be buying this dip, but these are not normal times and biden will continue to pay off his donors at the expense of peoples 401K savings

Mmmmm are you sure about this?? I was under the impression that he did not trade again after the 2008 crash. Plus I also think he was short the housing market 1.3 billion dollars. Maybe I am wrong but that is my understanding.

Cheers

Blackduck

from wikipedia

It happen, DOW closes below 30K for first time this year. Obama caused a 2,000 point selloff in his first 60 days, biden may top that, lets see if the Fed will step in to stop the bleeding

Wasn’t there just a gigantic vaccine order?

If you get bored: The Biden Plan to Combat Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Prepare for Future Global Health Threats | Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website

1 Like

Hey Dude, how many times must I tell you that you are “wasting your sweetness on the desert air” posting the truth here.
I enjoy logging on here most weekends just to read the bitter small minded trash from the three musketeers, FS, BD, and d…or is it Ds?
I’m constantly amazed, even astonished, that anybody capable of using a computer keyboard would fail to realise just how close the USA came to chaos on January 6th 2021.
Ignorance and bitterness jumps out of these pages but it’s kinda gratifying to see that the three Trump lovers are mostly talking to each other now.

So Dude…shush, let these sad people continue to spout their feeble irrational concepts of normality and check in now and again just to try and understand what motivates such insanity.

2 Likes

i come here to see the buffoons

buffoon- a person who amuses others by ridiculous or odd behaviour

Aye - Henry Ford (Dad was from West Cork - there’s a model T on display there) did exactly what you say and the price came down.

There is no such thing as ‘good’ deflation - what Ford did was the opposite of deflation - he stimulated consumer spending - the T came out in 1908. 1909 inflation was -1.09%, i.e. deflation.

The cost of the T continued to fall as did other manufactured goods emulating Ford’s mass production technique. So as prices fell then consumer spending increased.

10 years later inflation was …over 17% - then later in early 20’s came the deflation and associated turmoil and depression - peaking at -9.87% in 1932.

Why peak in 1932? answer is simple - there was a new deal - how was it paid for?

Answer - war bonds (Govt debt to tune of $211bn) - they called them war bonds back then - real name U.S. Savings Bonds.

When next did US face deflation on that scale? - a mere skirmish around ww2 time peaking at just over minus 1%.

If you are in business you would understand what deflation does - i did detail it back a few years on BP on the link I gave so won’t bother you guys repeating it.

Apologies for the long post - back what I said then - deflation is an enemy of us all.

BTW - I’m a history nerd so it’s important clarify terminology - President Franklin D. Roosevelt introduced his “New Deal” - among it’s terms was some reforms of Wall Street.

Churchill talked about statistics and lies - so how exactly did Obama cause the 2000 point sell off, was it perhaps the same policies that caused the subsequent buying over the next 8 years on the S&P?

Chart shows S&P during those 8 years - the rise continued in the subsequent 4 Trump years only revisiting the yellow top line in March 2020 - caused not by Pres trump but by covid

Your post is similar to Fox News who ridiculed Pres Biden’s first week in office as disastrous - after 3 days.

Still in the game - but likely sold his longs on gamestop before all of this - he’s a FA trader.

Tweeted (since deleted) should be " legal and regulatory repercussions" - then again maybe just cross words.

So please explain to me and the other 2 musketeers just how close did we come to chaos?? What could have happened that was so chaotic. Explain how we are ignorant and bitter??

What makes you believe thess phenomenal truths?? What have we said that has lead you to believe in the statements you have just made??

Blackduck

1 Like

That is true as evident in his assessment of the housing bubble that lead to the 2008 crash. His assessment of the ETF bubble looming makes for interesting reading. It is always an issue when the value of the underlining security is weaker than the current market value irrespective of the instrument or asset.

Blackduck

1 Like